Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

12 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s on the coach. Jimbo has set him up for failure every single year and this year won’t be any different. 

I'm not ready to put Mond on Jimbo.  Maybe that's the homer talking, but Mond's ceiling isn't far off of his floor.  He is what he is.  For perspective, Sumlin started Starkel over Mond.  While that was a questionable call and Sumlin did nothing right, it kind of puts the talent level into perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I'm not ready to put Mond on Jimbo.  Maybe that's the homer talking, but Mond's ceiling isn't far off of his floor.  He is what he is.  For perspective, Sumlin started Starkel over Mond.  While that was a questionable call and Sumlin did nothing right, it kind of puts the talent level into perspective.

Yeah, Sumlin did nothing right.  Quick question.  Historically, how many seasons has aggy had in which they finished with 11 wins with a bowl victory? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

(Narrator: It was definitely the homer talking)

Edited by BruceVonClaude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

image.png

Definitely seems like there's a lot more elite prospects in Texas for 2022 than most years (we have 20 in-state guys in the national top 100 vs. only 15 for 2021 and only 12 in 2020). Seems like a great class to already have the #1 player in the country committed. We'll see how the rankings develop. There's always a lot of guys who get ranked top 100 as a sophomore but slowly fall out as they fail to continue their current trajectory. 

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Mond was a true freshman so that’s not a meaningful data point. 
Jimbo’s done nothing to fit his offense to Mond’s skill set. That’s 100% on Jimbo. Mond’s accuracy issues will always be there, but he’s a tremendous athlete and could mitigate his throwing issues by utilizing him more in the run game, but Jimbo refuses to do that. Mond’s lack of success is due to being forced to execute an antiquated offense that doesn’t fit him. That’s all on Jimbo, and it’s not going to get any better. King and Stowers also don’t fit Jimbo’s offense well, and he’s not going to change it for them either. 

I understand you want to blame Mond because he’ll be gone after this year, while you’re stuck with Jimbo for 7 more years, but the problem’s not Mond, it’s the guy you still owe $50 million guaranteed. 

It's not just Mond, that offense doesn't fit the WR's at all. Jimbo has all the data he needs going back to FSU that his offense is not WR friendly and he refuses to adapt it. 

49 minutes ago, Skyline said:

It's not just Mond, that offense doesn't fit the WR's at all. Jimbo has all the data he needs going back to FSU that his offense is not WR friendly and he refuses to adapt it. 

Good thing they didn't have 3-4 RBs just leave the program ... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggies open vs. Vandy week 1 (Sep 26)

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Ooooooooh.  SEC is so tough.

Yup. Kill the weak first several weeks and keep the overrated teams ranked high to add to more quality wins (or losses) when they have to start playing each other. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Vandy returns all 11 starters on defense ( starting LB recently opted out ) and most are RS SR's, but that offense is one of the worst in college football.  Plus 2 starting OL just opted out.  I could see this game being a dud of an offensive show for a while with aggy eventually winning by 17-24 range.

2 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Yup. Kill the weak first several weeks and keep the overrated teams ranked high to add to more quality wins (or losses) when they have to start playing each other. 

We'll have to see. I wager they're going to try and give everyone something as easy as possible early, like you're illustrating.

The real key is going to be where they place Auburn, the Miss Schools, and the heavy hitters. If it's later in the season, that is bad news for aTm. Granted, sticking them with Florida and LSU (assuming they'll make this this last game of the year) early is a greater chances for an upset, but sticking the schools that need more development time for talent and scheme is going to determine just how badly these guys get fucked in this schedule. For me, the ideal aTm schedule for my own amusement looks something like:

Vanderbilt
Alabama
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Florida
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss State
LSU

Now, is the SEC going to make the East Games essentially your Non Conference Schedule? In that case, sub 'Bama with Florida, and switch Tenn and SCAR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We'll have to see. I wager they're going to try and give everyone something as easy as possible early, like you're illustrating.

The real key is going to be where they place Auburn, the Miss Schools, and the heavy hitters. If it's later in the season, that is bad news for aTm. Granted, sticking them with Florida and LSU (assuming they'll make this this last game of the year) early is a greater chances for an upset, but sticking the schools that need more development time for talent and scheme is going to determine just how badly these guys get fucked in this schedule. For me, the ideal aTm schedule for my own amusement looks something like:

Vanderbilt
Alabama
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Florida
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss State
LSU

Now, is the SEC going to make the East Games essentially your Non Conference Schedule? In that case, sub 'Bama with Florida, and switch Tenn and SCAR. 

Sounds like a roller coaster.

4 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

If he is taking the NIL stuff seriously, our pitch can and will absolutely blow away aggy's. We can offer literally triple whatever they're saying.

I imagine our NIL pitch is a bit different from aTm's. 

We're going to pitch someone on actually being a celebrity in Austin and being able to get the clicks and views to warrant money. The way aTm keeps talking about NIL in regards to the Aggie Network, I'm guessing they're basically saying "Look at all the aggies who will follow you in in Texas on your social media networks and those follows will turn into money." Or maybe just "Listen all these aggies will paypal you money." 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We're going to pitch someone on actually being a celebrity in Austin and being able to get the clicks and views to warrant money. The way aTm keeps talking about NIL in regards to the Aggie Network, I'm guessing they're basically saying "Look at all the aggies who will follow you in in Texas on your social media networks and those follows will turn into money." Or maybe just "Listen all these aggies will paypal you money." 

oh you're exactly right. our pitch will be extremely different, and I think much more effective. it's aTm's pitch (but better) + turning you into a celebrity, selling you as a player, and setting you up to continue that lifestyle after you leave Austin

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Mond was a true freshman so that’s not a meaningful data point. 
Jimbo’s done nothing to fit his offense to Mond’s skill set. That’s 100% on Jimbo. Mond’s accuracy issues will always be there, but he’s a tremendous athlete and could mitigate his throwing issues by utilizing him more in the run game, but Jimbo refuses to do that. Mond’s lack of success is due to being forced to execute an antiquated offense that doesn’t fit him. That’s all on Jimbo, and it’s not going to get any better. King and Stowers also don’t fit Jimbo’s offense well, and he’s not going to change it for them either. 

I understand you want to blame Mond because he’ll be gone after this year, while you’re stuck with Jimbo for 7 more years, but the problem’s not Mond, it’s the guy you still owe $50 million guaranteed. 

Aggy won the bowl game over OSU because they finally used Mond's feet, well that and OSU offense sucked balls in the second half. For the game, he rushed for more yards than he passed. I think that is the blueprint for Aggy this year, that is until Mond gets hurt. Then aggydom will have their wish in Calzone or King.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Vanderbilt
Alabama
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Florida
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss State
LSU

I like this schedule for aggy a lot.  Give Freshwater and Leach time to get their teams up to speed.  If MSU is indeed squeezed between Auburn and LSU, I'm laying serious $ on the Pirate.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Riley Anderson, Colton Blanton, and Barton Clement are no longer on the aggy roster.  Looks like that's how they got to 85.

Weren’t at least two of those members of Hamm’s water park extravaganza??  

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The aggy path is at best insular and at its typical worst grossly incestuous.  Longhorn NIL will take you anywhere your talents and ambition allow.  

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Definitely seems like there's a lot more elite prospects in Texas for 2022 than most years (we have 20 in-state guys in the national top 100 vs. only 15 for 2021 and only 12 in 2020). Seems like a great class to already have the #1 player in the country committed. We'll see how the rankings develop. There's always a lot of guys who get ranked top 100 as a sophomore but slowly fall out as they fail to continue their current trajectory. 

Interesting thread to talk about this lol

53 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Aggy won the bowl game over OSU because they finally used Mond's feet, well that and OSU offense sucked balls in the second half. For the game, he rushed for more yards than he passed. I think that is the blueprint for Aggy this year, that is until Mond gets hurt. Then aggydom will have their wish in Calzone or King.

All three will get to play once King get's injured too.  

Week 1 (9/26)    Vandy at Aggy

Week 2 (10/3)    Ags at Bama

Week 3 (10/10)  Florida at Aggy

Week 4 (10/17)  Aggy at Miss State

Week 5 (10/24)  Bye (Aggy W!)

Week 6 (10/31)  Arky at Aggy

Week 7 (11/7)    Aggy at SC     

Week 8 (11/14)  

Week 9 (11/21)

Week 10 (11/28)

Week 11 (12/05)

Edited by Getafix

oh you're exactly right. our pitch will be extremely different, and I think much more effective. it's aTm's pitch (but better) + turning you into a celebrity, selling you as a player, and setting you up to continue that lifestyle after you leave Austin
Haynes King will be doing TV commercials for Delbert's Feed & Seed as soon as he sets foot on campus.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Aggie Schedule

Week 1 (9/26)    Vandy @ Aggy

Week 2 (10/3)    Aggy @ Bama

Week 3 (10/10)  Florida @ Aggy

Week 4 (10/17)  Aggy @ Miss State

Week 6 (10/31)  Arky @ Aggy

Week 7 (11/7)    Aggy @ SC     

Week 8 (11/14)  Aggy @ Tenn

Week 9 (11/21)  Ole Miss @ A&M

Week 10 (11/28) LSU @ A&M

Week 11 (12/05) Aggy at Auburn

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggie Schedule

See 4 Ls and a couple toss ups in there. Dream season looking ROUGH now

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggie Schedule

Dick punch at the start, "I TELL YA WHAT, JIMBO'S BUILDING SOMETHING" win streak in the middle, dick re-punch at the end.

• Like 2