Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

I will never understand what has happened with Reed. He was DOMINANT in their spring game. Has a really excellent frame and really good athleticism. He seems to be practicing always, so I can't say it's a big injury - perhaps nagging injuries? unable to play through them? I just don't understand. 

41 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.058626af9dccc8fbd12ba84294a929ff.png

image.thumb.png.d6354a0436906df9bf8d0cdb8d15cb17.png

Whoo boy. You know you’re a delusional aggy when your two talking points are the Big 12 doesn’t prepare you to play offense in the NFL and Texas’ offense is weak. 

2019 FEI Offensive Rankings: Texas 13th; Texas A&M 42nd. 

13 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

a) The QB we converted to RB a week before the season opener last year averaged virtually the same YPC as their starting RB

b) Incredible how Yurcich had absolutely no responsibility whatsoever at both OSU and tOSU. Almost makes you wonder what he was being paid seven figures for?

You’re giving aggy too much credit. Take out their games against high school teams and Spiller’s YPC is absolutely abysmal. It drops from 5.4 to 3.8. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

I want to point out that RS FR Blake Trainor and his concrete feet is not just on the 2-deep but is the first OT off the bench RIGHT NOW. And that if you look at that LOLDepthChart is one of the only actual OTs on the entire list and will be the starter at one of the spots in '21 and '22. 

This guy. 

9354269.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I want to point out that RS FR Blake Trainor and his concrete feet is not just on the 2-deep but is the first OT off the bench RIGHT NOW. And that if you look at that LOLDepthChart is one of the only actual OTs on the entire list and will be the starter at one of the spots in '21 and '22. 

This guy. 

9354269.jpg

Looks like he's on the Mike Roach WeebleWobble Diet and Exercise plan

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

F250! Take a drink.

I still don't understand the F250 conspiracy.  It's like they're projecting what their redneck selves want onto recruits.  Guess we're doling out bass boats, Yeti coolers and denim overalls too.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looks like he's on the Mike Roach WeebleWobble Diet and Exercise plan

it's crazier when you think about that fact that he's all of 6'7" or a little more. 

Just now, Scholz said:

I still don't understand the F250 conspiracy.  It's like they're projecting what their redneck selves want onto recruits.  Guess we're doling out bass boats, Yeti coolers and denim overalls too.

Well, you can't ignore the inherent racism in the take. Brandon Jones allegedly got an F250 and so it was clear that Red gave it to him as part of his "bonus" to sign with Texas because: well, you know.

How could his family afford an F250? Because: well, you know. 

• Like 1

Oof. I guess they are tapping the brakes on Brian George coming in from JUCO and playing at an all SEC level -- so it's sill going to be Myles Jones starting at one of the CB spots and Blades at the other, or perhaps true FR Jaylon Jones.

chefskiss.gif

Note this is through the aggy lens :: 

CB BRIAN GEORGE

George is making the transition from the junior college ranks to major college play and that's not always an easy a transition as it would appear on the surface. The physical gifts are there and he should be able to make an impact on special teams via size and ability to run. More than anything else right now, he's forced the veterans to step up their games in order to stay in he rotation and there's always the promise that if keeps developing he could work his way into the mix for a starting spot.

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

so do we think the 2021 line is 

K. Green  - Morris - Matthews - Robinson -  B. Trainor 

maybe flip Robinson to C and put Akinola at RG? 

That shit is going to look like Jimbo's last year at FSU. Jesus. 

Could any of those Srs this year return with the new rule in place?  I mean, probably doesn't matter, other than experience that's about all they have on the other guys.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

This guy. 

9354269.jpg

pears_commodity-page.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If I understand correctly, his 0.0 means he transferred zero credits to the junior college. And as such, he would have to finish an associates before going back to a d1 university on scholarship?  And they expect him to be done in two semesters?

if it's as committed to playing school as he was about losing weight, he'll have a masters in 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They're praying he can go from 0.0 to qualified by January.

Good luck

And gain back 100lbs, fast, and in a good way.  That and playing school are an awful lot of hills to climb at once.  

but hey, recruit more 3* guards, shoot for the moon for a couple guys that go to bama, and continue to talk shit about your rival/not rivals OL recruiting.  Meanwhile, jimbo just got remarried and is going full tilt FSU recruiting to get the hell out of that shithole with 75M.  

Blades opting out is most likely due to injury. He's been in a non-contact yellow jersey. He was already practicing, so I doubt he was concerned about Covid. He as the projected starter alongside Myles Jones. He probably thinks it's best to get fully healed before next year. Will he bolt for the NFL? Who knows. 

Early practice reports said JUCO CB Brian George is struggling with adjusting to D-1, so that's not great. Leaves Myles Jones and true freshman Jaylon Jones as starters at CB

image.png.0abdce8fd158406d439bd48e76f325d2.png

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Blades opting out is most likely due to injury. He's been in a non-contact yellow jersey. He was already practicing, so I doubt he was concerned about Covid. He as the projected starter alongside Myles Jones. He probably thinks it's best to get fully healed before next year. Will he bolt for the NFL? Who knows. 

Early practice reports said JUCO CB Brian George is struggling with adjusting to D-1, so that's not great. Leaves Myles Jones and true freshman Jaylon Jones as starters at CB

image.png.0abdce8fd158406d439bd48e76f325d2.png

While I understand the logic you present, it doesn't jive to me with how the scholarships have been set up for 2020. Why not just skip 4 games and heal up? He won't lose any eligibility either way. So why would anyone opt out unless it's for Covid concerns? Further injury I guess, but dude could just say "I'm not ready" the entire season regardless. It does nothing to change their depth chart. 

Leaves Myles Jones and true freshman Jaylon Jones as starters at CB

That could be the kind of perpetual buttfuck of a season that gets into Jaylon's head and from which he never recovers. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think it can be overstated how much tougher life will be for aggy having to face teams with innovative, high powered spread offenses. The lack of creativity in SEC offenses saved the bigger schools from facing nearly as many upsets, but rolling out these kind of CBs against Briles, Leach, and Freshwater could absolutely bite them in the ass. And that’s just talking about this year before those guys get the right personnel in. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While I understand the logic you present, it doesn't jive to me with how the scholarships have been set up for 2020. Why not just skip 4 games and heal up? He won't lose any eligibility either way. So why would anyone opt out unless it's for Covid concerns? Further injury I guess, but dude could just say "I'm not ready" the entire season regardless. It does nothing to change their depth chart. 

Jibe.  JIBE!!!

• Like 1