Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.cc80a8f541024a692a799760de05566b.png

image.thumb.png.dcfd22262809c11f871cf67ddc92d355.png

image.thumb.png.cebb74a2a7a4833bf9cf992fcb8b0433.png

image.thumb.png.183c496a0beb5ed2b7307fdd613067e3.png

The fuck is this shit? I know everyone in the SEC is paying and nobody gives a shit but you'd like to think they at least try and keep it a little more subtle. We are at the point where I know the name and address of the Ags bag lady and she's actively crowd sourcing hook-ups for players that she's naming.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The fuck is this shit? I know everyone in the SEC is paying and nobody gives a shit but you'd like to think they at least try and keep it a little more subtle. We are at the point where I know the name and address of the Ags bag lady and she's actively crowd sourcing hook-ups for players that she's naming.

On the bright side, even the interns at the NCAA infractions committee  should be able to follow the yellow brick road.

Edited by Vertigo

Spoiler

Liucci

3:58p 

Staff

AG

More in a moment but senior receiver Jhamon Ausbon - the Ags' 2019 leader in catches and yards - has decided to give up his senior season and opt out, making an announcement on social media. This isn't catching anyone in the program off-guard but it's certainly something no one would have expected more than a couple of weeks ago. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

More in a moment but senior receiver Jhamon Ausbon - the Ags' 2019 leader in catches and yards - has decided to give up his senior season and opt out, making an announcement on social media. This isn't catching anyone in the program off-guard but it's certainly something no one would have expected more than a couple of weeks ago. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Who are going to be the 3 starting WR's?  Ausbon and Rogers hauled in a lot of badly thrown passes from Mond last year and Q. Davis was pretty solid for them.

19 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

"More in a moment" really means Looch is currently constructing an article saying this is no big deal and the WR group will be even better this year.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"More in a moment" really means Looch is currently constructing an article saying this is no big deal and the WR group will be even better this year.

He's going to explain to everyone what good news this is for the young talent on the team - now that Ausbon is gone there is no one blocking them from getting all the reps.

Spoiler

Liucci

4:30p 

Staff

AG

The part that's so tough to understand is that he's saying it's in order to prepare for the NFL Draft. Had heard rumblings that Ausbon hadn't felt like he was physically ready for the season in terms of being at his absolute best for his final audition for the next level, yet he looked leaner and faster than at any point in his A&M career at the start of camp.

I just hope he's not getting bad advice from folks who either aren't informed or don't have Jhamon's best interest at heart because he's not considered a receiver likely to go in the first half of the draft. Odd that he'd make that decision seeing what happened with Quartney and Kendrick just this past spring. I just don't think there's an amount of working out and getting prepared for the draft (especially that he couldn't do between the end of the season and the April) that would be productive enough to outweigh the negative impact deciding not to play this year will have on his stock. The only positive would be passing up a season during which your stock would take a hit because of the herky-jerky nature of it all and the uncertainty around it.

On top of it all, Ausbon was returning as the Ags' leading receiver and a guy with All-SEC aspirations...and he was going to be teaming up with his best friend and high school quarterback Kellen Mond for the duo's final go-round in Maroon & White. 

But here's the thing everyone needs to understand: On the surface, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense and sure seems like Jhamon is making things more difficult on himself in terms of his football future. However, not much about the upcoming football season has or probably will make any sense. It's been a roller coaster ride of emotions and uncertainty for college football fans, coaches and, especially, players and it's tough to read into a simple tweet or Instagram 'opt out' statement and even remotely understand the decisions of so many college football players choosing to sit while you have so many in the B1G and Pac-12 begging for the chance to play. This is truly a player by player decision and, while it's fair and perfectly normal to question whether or not Ausbon or anyone else is helping or hurting themselves moving forward, once the decision is made, I do think showing support to the young athlete who chose Texas A&M coming out of high school as a nationally-recruited prospect and wore the Maroon & White throughout his college career is the right way to do it.

Wishing #2 all the best and hoping he's truly made peace with this decision and removed any emotion from what has to be the biggest decision of his young life to date (at least as far as it's impact on his future).

So what about the impact of Jhamon's opt out on the 2020 Aggies? I'll follow up with my thoughts here in a moment.

Liucci

In reply to StringerBell •  4:33p 

Staff

AG

StringerBell said:

We probably aren't. He's probably already set up with an agent and a decent advance to get ready for the draft. 

No idea if this is true or not, but it's a common problem in college football right now. Being driven by the group pushing for the unionization of college football and the agents affiliated with them behind the scenes. The goal was to go so many players around the country to opt out and jeopardize the season, thus forcing the conferences to cave in to the demands of 'the players.' That likely has nothing to do with Ausbon, but to act like that group isn't causing big time issues in college football this year would be incredibly naive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jeff Tarpley just spreading stupidity like...a disease

Watching games yesterday with and without fans convinced me without a doubt that it's better to have fans in the stands. There's no way that 10,000 to 20,000 people can equal the emotion and noise of a full stadium on Saturdays in the fall but there's a huge difference with even some people in attendance who have a vested interest in the outcome.

Get people back in the stands. 

Here is Jeff Tarpley on other subjects.

"You know what, having sex without a condom just feels better. There's no way anyone is going to convince me that having sex with a condom feels the same. People should stop using condoms in Haiti."

"Walking around yesterday while sober convinced me that it's better to just shoot up heroin. Sobriety lets you have a job and a stable family, but there's no comparison to the first rush of heroin into your blood. Do more drugs!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Jeff Tarpley just spreading stupidity like...a disease

Here is Jeff Tarpley on other subjects.

"You know what, having sex without a condom just feels better. There's no way anyone is going to convince me that having sex with a condom feels the same. People should stop using condoms in Haiti."

"Walking around yesterday while sober convinced me that it's better to just shoot up heroin. Sobriety lets you have a job and a stable family, but there's no comparison to the first rush of heroin into your blood. Do more drugs!"

Holy shit, no matter your thoughts on the virus, that argument is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

From Texags:

What a knucklehead. He probably won't even be drafted. but I'm really glad he's gone. Jimbo shows way, WAY too much loyalty to upper classmen. The tired rotation of Ausbon, Rodgers, Davis, and Buckley last year was infuriating when we all knew there were players with far more talent than any of them sitting on the bench. Dylan Wright, Kam Brown, Jalen Preston, Chase Lane, Ainias Smith, and Caleb Chapman all should have seen a ton more snaps. Now that Ausbon, Rodgers, Davis, and Buckley are out, lo and behold, all of the aforementioned guys are stepping up. Not to mention Demas is going to be a superstar in very short order.

Getting the less athletic Sumlin recruits filtered out of the program is a necessity for us to take the next step. Hopefully we'll see marked improvement in the athleticism of our receivers this year.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From Texags:

What a knucklehead. He probably won't even be drafted. but I'm really glad he's gone. Jimbo shows way, WAY too much loyalty to upper classmen. The tired rotation of Ausbon, Rodgers, Davis, and Buckley last year was infuriating when we all knew there were players with far more talent than any of them sitting on the bench. Dylan Wright, Kam Brown, Jalen Preston, Chase Lane, Ainias Smith, and Caleb Chapman all should have seen a ton more snaps. Now that Ausbon, Rodgers, Davis, and Buckley are out, lo and behold, all of the aforementioned guys are stepping up. Not to mention Demas is going to be a superstar in very short order.

Getting the less athletic Sumlin recruits filtered out of the program is a necessity for us to take the next step. Hopefully we'll see marked improvement in the athleticism of our receivers this year.

The guys on the bench are ALWAYS better than the starters.

• Hook 'Em 1