Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

would it be against hte current rules for a big money ag that has extra money he doesn't need to leave the money in a big pile on the recruit's front porch, if he doesn't directly hand it to them?

Ultimate compromise...  leave bag $ on instead of pennies @ the Sully statue.   

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yes, obviously

EiIaBSzXcAEB6xN?format=jpg&name=small

Although if the big money booster stood in the parking lot at Kroger field and yelled, "The first 5 people to run over here and shake my hand get free seats in my luxury box" while standing right next to 5 aggy DB recruits and 40 yards from the other yokel fans, I'm not sure the four yokels and one DB recruit that he took to the game would constitute a violation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

So we have a proven commodity at left tackle. And you have one you hope will be good at a position for which he's not a natural fit. And that makes them equal? Look, I agree that our OL isn't exactly a strength. The difference between "kinda shitty" and "pretty good" is gonna depend on one of our  young tackles getting some experience and playing to their potential at RT  - exactly what y'all are hoping happens with K Green at LT. I guess we'll see. 

Re: stat bumps - that's bullshit. I didn't see y'all bitching about Jaylon Jones going up nearly 60 spots after he committed to y'all. Or Antonio Johnson going from 185 to 47 on 247's last ranking. Or Antonio Doyle going up 27 spots in the final 247 ranking. Those were all just good evals, right? 

Ha, rankings bumps and drops are all nonsense.  Kids go up and down all the time, and of course we won't complain about our guys going up.  There were certainly a few of yours that appeared out of nowhere (Hookfin) and others that seem a little questionable in hindsight (Owens), but we'll have the same thing.  Leon O'Neal was a .96xx something on 247-- that doesn't look right.   Mond and Ausbon were a .95xx something, and neither of those look right, either.  There are undoubtedly more on both sides.  Rankings are pretty speculative.

We'll see on the OT for us both.  I think Sam will do a better job of making yours look better than Mond will with ours.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Although if the big money booster stood in the parking lot at Kroger field and yelled, "The first 5 people to run over here and shake my hand get free seats in my luxury box" while standing right next to 5 aggy DB recruits and 40 yards from the other yokel fans, I'm not sure the four yokels and one DB recruit that he took to the game would constitute a violation.

One thing is for sure: Leon O'Neal would get there last.

Former-Ohio-State-running-back-Maurice-C

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

I think a few different things are at play that make it feel different. 

first, the OOS impact has taken a toll in the form of in-state kids having far less interest - esp those middle-tier players and clearly on defense. The in-state kids simply don't have friends or teammates on the roster so there's not a lot of guys waiting to pounce on that offer. the number of OOS offers to guys that seem less talented than kids in-state that don't have offers has exacerbated this feeling among recruits, so instead of filling out the aggy class or waiting for the aggy offer they are going to SMU, OkState, Baylor, etc ... 

Fisher is relying on Coach Ish, Craig, and Elijah completely. Robinson is a bad recruiter, replacing Graham with Robinson was a loss. Graham wasn't great but he was a million miles better than Robinson. Darrell Dickey has no impact on on the trail and since Fisher won't adjust his offense, he's an absolute waste of a coaching spot. That's no different from before but if he's going to waste a spread consulting spot on someone it might as well be a young gun that also recruits. Santucci got his guy in Seegers and then what? He should be mentioned by every defensive recruit with a pulse, but it's just Ish and Elijah over and over. 

In adding Coley you were supposed to replace Brewster and he was supposed to bring a South Florida influx. Coley hasn't cracked that egg while in College Station and recruiting South Florida, even at the best of times, is always going to be chaotic. Keeping those kids for 4 years is always incredibly difficult, even for schools like FSU, Miami, and UF. 

Really good take, here.  20% of our guys are doing 80% of the work.  I have no idea what Coley, Dickey, and T. Robinson are doing.  I'm not sure on Santucci, but I'm hoping his coaching chops are better than his recruiting, because a 1-LB class of Seegars is extremely concerning.  Price is largely asleep behind the wheel, too.

3 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings, which may or may not be justified.  

Correct on OT and CB depth being light.  Not sure how Jimbo allowed that to happen.

Why are you couching your aggy propaganda?  It's disingenuous.

Because you guaranteed him $75M simply for putting on a plausible show?

23 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Really good take, here.  20% of our guys are doing 80% of the work.  I have no idea what Coley, Dickey, and T. Robinson are doing.  I'm not sure on Santucci, but I'm hoping his coaching chops are better than his recruiting, because a 1-LB class of Seegars is extremely concerning.  Price is largely asleep behind the wheel, too.

Price works hard though, he's not as good and doesn't have the same hit rate that Elijah has but at least he works his ass off. LOTS of kids hear from him and like him. Dickey is a ghost. 

Robinson is cashing checks and has been since his most recent stint in the NFL. He's been at Texas, USC, and LSU -- all stops with HUGE intrinsic advantages and he's just coasted and has been replaced and no one is sad to see him go. Getting replaced while on the job by Faulk was an incredible red flag. He and Drayton both were dynamic recruiters before their NFL stints and both have coasted since returning to the college game. I get it, not recruiting and just doing the X's and O's part of the job is infinitely better. The problem is, a college RB coach needs to be a tireless recruiter. He needs to be mentioned by every recruit - not just the RBs. EVERY recruit. Samples, Traylor, Ish  -- those types of dynamic recruiters. They both should go back to the NFL because they clearly don't have the taste for the recruiting fight anymore. FFS, Herman had to hire a guy to be a recruiter for our RB coach - it's mind-numbing but here we are. 

Seegars and Phillips. It's a 2 LB class - just a weird carried-over one. 

Hard for me to get a feel on Rushing because he seems to be doing a good job but he and Mo before him leaned heavily on/benefitted the most from Ish. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Why are you couching your aggy propaganda?  It's disingenuous.

Because you guaranteed him $75M simply for putting on a plausible show?

What have I couched and what propaganda?  Your guys get bumped and dropped, and it may or may not be justified.  Our guys get bumped or dropped, and it may or may not be justified.  You may have missed the sentence about rankings being nonsense.  

4 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

What have I couched and what propaganda?  Your guys get bumped and dropped, and it may or may not be justified.  Our guys get bumped or dropped, and it may or may not be justified.  You may have missed the sentence about rankings being nonsense.  

ComfortableClassicBoa-small.gif

aggy board takes tend to be a bit further from reality than most cfb boards. Your tales are generally more measured.

That’s the joke.
  • Like 1

Owens may have been overrated. We will see. Let’s actually see him play first. 

Daylon Mack was not a 5 star. He proved that. 

Shockingly, the group of rugged diabetes champions that rate high school football players may not have this down to a science yet despite having their ears to the motherfucking street. 

It all evens out. But to consistently play the victim card is why we laugh 

24 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.87ddd410e631f74c9902cf2fdeb1b93f.png

A strong running game will help with LJ Johnson: good luck with that lamentable O line

Winning against a tough SEC schedule will help with Bryce Foster: is a ceiling of 6-4/maybe 7-3 (with luck) good enough? I think aggy is really underestimating the shift to wide-open, spread offenses in the SEC West. Their roster at LB & DB is not constructed in a manner to handle those week in and out.

IMO, both Texas and OU would beat them by 21+ this season. I'm excited to see what Leach and Kiffin throw at their defense, let alone Malzahn, Mullen, and Saban. WTF knows with LSU at this point. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

19 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

But I was told that Tommie Robinson was stolen from LSU because he is some kind of recruiting badass who only recruits badasses.

Am I wrong guys?

• Haha 1

aggy has won 2 road games in the SEC during the Jimbure. They were a 3 point win over a 7-6 South Carolina team, and a 7 point win over a 4-8 Ole Miss team. In their 5 losses, they are getting outscored by 18 points per game. They have failed to score more than 26 points in all 7 road games.

To think they are going on the road to win 2-3 out of 5 games this season isn't based on fact or reality. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

"We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings"

You let your groupthink talking point slip.  You're saying the presumably objective things above but your slip is hanging.

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy has won 2 road games in the SEC during the Jimbure. They were a 3 point win over a 7-6 South Carolina team, and a 7 point win over a 4-8 Ole Miss team. In their 5 losses, they are getting outscored by 18 points per game. They have failed to score more than 26 points in all 7 road games.

To think they are going on the road to win 2-3 out of 5 games this season isn't based on fact or reality. 

0E68A609-9BD6-495E-B5C1-B32647FA511D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

"We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings"

You let your groupthink talking point slip.  You're saying the presumably objective things above but your slip is hanging.

I said your guys get bumps and drops, and so do ours.  Yes, I think that.  Others seem to, too, which is why I intentionally used the word "We".  You can keep trying to box me into a corner, but I'm not much of a homer, especially when I stop over here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jordanaggie said:

I said your guys get bumps and drops, and so do ours.  Yes, I think that.  Others seem to, too, which is why I intentionally used the word "We".  You can keep trying to box me into a corner, but I'm not much of a homer, especially when I stop over here.

Just because you can be civil and an IQ above 12 doesn’t mean you’re not a homer. You are on multiple recruiting sites. That makes you (and most of us) a homer. Compared to the mouth breathers you normally interact with? Sure, you’re Switzerland.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

UCF-ass enrollment numbers

what the fuck? 

Does anyone have stories in the last 10 years of extended family or friends waiting nervously to see if the got into aggy? 

undergrad aggy is equal to tech now.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

You all think and say the same things.  Always.  You have a hive mind. 

And I've seen your homer posts on the aggys site.  Give me a serious break.

53 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Just because you can be civil and an IQ above 12 doesn’t mean you’re not a homer. You are on multiple recruiting sites. That makes you (and most of us) a homer. Compared to the mouth breathers you normally interact with? Sure, you’re Switzerland.

What recruiting sites do you think I'm on?  247 and assuming it counts, here, is it.  And sure, I cheer for my team, but I'm not blindly following Luicci or other Kool-Aid drinkers (although in my early days, I was probably more inclined to, until they proved how little they knew).