Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

No big deal. 

Spoiler

Liucci

10:27a 

Staff

AG

I sincerely hope he either returns or plays football somewhere else before choosing the NFL. He has two years of eligibility remaining and there isn't a single NFL type (scouts, player personnel, coach or otherwise) who would draft him at this stage of his development. As it was, he was battling to keep his spot in the starting eleven.

Thing is, this year wouldn't have even counted towards that two years of eligibility. Between Hines, Ausbon, Quartney and Kendrick, you may very well see four guys give up their final (and presumably best) season in Maroon & White and end up undrafted. It's frustrating to see but more so for the young men than for the program. Having more veterans out there is a good thing, but the Aggies are loaded with young talent at receiver and linebacker and will keep moving forward.

Liucci

In reply to Rossticus •  10:29a 

Staff

AG

Rossticus said:

On the bright side, this would appear to open up a spot under the 85. It's pretty clear we've seen the last of Hines in Maroon and White. 

Certainly would appear that way. Bailing this late in camp while fighting for a starting spot on the defense and being guaranteed playing time with two years of eligibility left doesn't feel like something you ever come back from. He'll have that scholarship if he wants it but I don't think we'll see him playing at A&M again. Just one man's opinion.

Liucci

In reply to Buglerank62 •  10:31a 

Staff

AG

Buglerank62 said:

I get the feeling there is someone on campus not associated with athletics who is pulling the strings on these. Just my two cents.

You never know, but speculation doesn't help anything right now. I think they'll be business as usual out there at practice this week. The Hines deal came out of left field but this is something I warned you could very well happen when things like depth charts, position battles and playing time started to sort themselves out. 

Liucci

In reply to Billy Moose •  10:35a 

Staff

AG

Billy Moose said:

Hansford making a move?

Yes. Without question.

Here are my notes from late last night for a quick write-up later today, in fact:

QB - Mond closed out an exceptional camp
RB - Ainias and Spiller at the top, nice day by hubbard, crownover gives some power, achane steady ascent
TE - blumrick making some plays as a pass-catcher, interesting matchup who can run...pass game depth?
WR - potential starters? maybe kam, caleb, chase or preston (3 of those four) with demas and moose coming on (moose with a big day last week), kam has had a very nice camp, hez banged up a little and chase coming back. preston had a nice week last week and could definitely earn the vandy start, as well
OL - layden still coming on great battle with hocker, kenyon getting some action at center, aki had a couple of big days last week...he's getting better, matthews should be back and mccollum has been healthy
DE - donnell and diggs should begin contributing very early in the rotation, clemons has been very good wire to wire and i still think leal is best player
DT - i think peevy/brown/jackson will be the top of the rotation
LB - hansford i haven't talked about enough but he's doing some nice things of late; edgerrin cooper is coming on fast...just a natural
CB - jones & jones with george
S - demani, leon and carper with johnson likely to come on as season continues...good depth with b williams too, carper with a nice pick this week
nickel - erick young and probably some moving parts thanks to flexibility

PR/KR - punt is ainias, kr is prob chase but will be demas/achane

Liucci

In reply to sealyaggies •  10:41a 

Staff

AG

sealyaggies said:

Why do some of you take a college kids decision so personal?

You can disagree with his decision and not spew so much anger. Your anger is not going to change his mind.

Wish him the best, and let's move forward.

This is a great post that I think folks should re-read.

I wouldn't get too mad about this at all. Seriously, wish Anthony well and look ahead to the guys taking the field next Saturday and beyond. It's what the team is doing and there's no reason to disparage the young man...especially since you can easily disagree with the decision as much as you want without going at the kid on any type of personal level. And, look, saying you think he's crushing his chances in the NFL, that he's not as big a loss or a tremendous loss to the defense or even if you feel that guys like he and Ausbon are quitting on their team just before the season, that's all fair and those are the opinions even these young guys are subject to when making decisions such as these. They get a ton of praise on these forums so you can't run for the criticism or second-guessing when the tide turns...as long as you don't make things personal or feel the need to be vindictive in some way. It really shouldn't be that hard to one without the other.

Liucci

In reply to gigemJTH12 •  10:43a 

Staff

AG

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

Liucci said:

Certainly would appear that way. Bailing this late in camp while fighting for a starting spot on the defense and being guaranteed playing time with two years of eligibility left doesn't feel like something you ever come back from. He'll have that scholarship if he wants it but I don't think we'll see him playing at A&M again. Just one man's opinion.

gigemJTH12 said:

Rarely disagree with you but NO WAY Jimbo ever lets him play here again. Not the way this went down. 

You do understand all of these opt outs are going to have the opportunity to come back, right? The overwhelming majority of them won't and each will likely be a mutual decision.

Liucci

In reply to TempleAg97 •  10:44a 

Staff

AG

TempleAg97 said:

What a loser. I don't want to read about "I wish him the best". F that. He's a quitter that used A&M for $100,000 while I pay $35,000 a year for my son to go. He'll amount to nothing in life. Next stop, working at McDonalds or us paying for him via social assistance.

This is the bull**** I'm talking about. You need the rest of the weekend off. Just a childish and pretty hateful response. Save ones like this for your Sunday meal after church today.

Liucci

In reply to gigemJTH12 •  10:45a 

Staff

AG

gigemJTH12 said:

I'm not saying Jimbo would say "no you can't come back" but he sure can hint at it.

"Hines you have 6 LB's in front of you if you come back"

Would keep Jimbo out of trouble and the quitter off the roster

I think those type of things will work themselves out. I think Hines has to have realized that when he made the decision.

Liucci

In reply to Scabie94 •  10:49a 

Staff

AG

Scabie94 said:

Good god man... a week before the first game? Taking serious reps and then bailing? 

I support the fight to open minds in the world, but are you really going to become a community organizer? Wouldn't it be nice to have a few million at a young age to organize in to a foundation for the community?  

Is this about being a pawn in the rich man's chess game? From an Aggie football point of view, it's very disappointing from a former #2 recruit in the state. Having said that- I hope he finds the peace it seems he is struggling to have.

The concept of him going through literally the entirety of fall camp and then coming to this decision, as you said, taking reps away from Hansford, White or whoever else could have benefited and then deciding playing this fall wasn't for him is No. 1 on my list of gripes in this particular instance. That's what hurts the team more than anything else.

Liucci

In reply to StringerBell •  10:50a 

Staff

AG

StringerBell said:

I don't think jimbos has lost the team

Look at the guys who are opting outolder dudes 

I think if anything there's a healthy set of factions developing on this team between guys who were crooted before 18/19 and dudes in recent classes. 

If anything the team is being distilled down into the dudes who want to be here and want to play for each other. 

He hasn't lost the team at all. Quite the opposite, actually.

Liucci

In reply to StringerBell •  10:51a 

Staff

AG

StringerBell said:

I think if anything there's a healthy set of factions developing on this team between guys who were crooted before 18/19 and dudes in recent classes. 

If anything the team is being distilled down into the dudes who want to be here and want to play for each other. 

And you're right, the overwhelming majority of these guys have outright said, "We want to play football" and they're all in for the long-term vision and especially for this fall.

Liucci

In reply to D.J. Flores •  10:53a 

Staff

AG

D.J. Flores said:

don't ask me to respect ish!! I know my opinion don't mean squat...but that is what forums are for... to discuss...*****..and moan. 

Plain ridonkulous...no other way to put it. Don't care if others will step up...it's not just about him. He is letting his teammates down. Fact. 

Let me make a quick point here: Nothing in your post is out of bounds. You don't have to respect it, you can think it's ridiculous or selfish or whatever. There is a line, however, just know that. Your opinion or post in no way crosses that. Venting and having opinions is fine. Probably 99% of you guys understand the difference I'm talking about.

Liucci

In reply to Goody •  10:55a 

Staff

AG

sealyaggies said:

You can disagree with his decision and not spew so much anger. Your anger is not going to change his mind.

Goody said:

Because aggie football is personal to many of us.

...and it's kind of a little personal to me, too, don't you think? Again, just act like adults on here and you can say pretty much whatever the hell you want. There will be a couple of posts pulled along the way out of probably several hundred and a couple of people will voluntarily choose to ignore a fairly simple request and end up banned about of the thousands and thousands that read this thread. Don't be that guy. It really is simple and you can offer up whatever opinion you want.

Liucci

In reply to AgE Doc •  11:04a 

Staff

AG

AgE Doc said:

Liucci are agents telling players that if there is a chance they could get passed up on the depth chart by more talented younger classmen they should bail and not take that "P.R. Hit" because of how it would effect their draft projection?

Instead of working harder and letting the season play out they are quitting/opting out to protect their status as a "Starter" ???

Aside from the whole Hines decision, yes, there is a lot of that going on and a lot of these agents are associated with the 'player union' thing behind the scenes. They're out there and they're telling kids to 'opt out.' If you're not a first- or second-round pick, then it's absolutely disgustingly self-serving and potentially career-destroying advice. I don't know which kids are listening who have opted out around the country but if these guys don't think the NFL is looking at you and going to ask "So why did you choose not to play football this year?"...well, I don't have anything for you.

I've already had an NFL assistant, a scout and a current player reach out this morning alone just bewildered by the non-first round guys opting out and worrying that they'll never get the chance to play football again. I guess the XFL will be there in some form or fashion but, after college, you have the NFL and that's it. And you're dealing a devastating blow to those hopes if you're guys like Blades, Ausbon or Hines. It's tough to say and I hope it doesn't work out that way but it's absolutely the truth.

Liucci

In reply to stir8ag •  11:07a 

Staff

AG

stir8ag said:

If this is due to an agent, we need to call him up and get him on staff asap because he must be one hell of a salesman. Ausbon, Hines, Blades, etc will all be looking for jobs at this time next year if they're being led to believe they've done enough to be drafted.  

I was excited to see what Hines could do this year but this isn't a huge loss. We have some studs at LB and I have to think his playing time was in question and he didn't like it. Just a guess

I truly don't believe this has anything at all to do with an agent. An agent would advise him to play at least one if not two more years of college football. Personally, if Anthony still wants to pursue a job in the NFL after this fall, I think a transfer would be the route to take. He literally has half of his on-field football career ahead of him. He's started for one season and could still start at the college level for twice that long. That's a lot of time to improve and show what you're truly capable of on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

No big deal. 

Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

10:27a 

Staff

AG

I sincerely hope he either returns or plays football somewhere else before choosing the NFL. He has two years of eligibility remaining and there isn't a single NFL type (scouts, player personnel, coach or otherwise) who would draft him at this stage of his development. As it was, he was battling to keep his spot in the starting eleven.

Thing is, this year wouldn't have even counted towards that two years of eligibility. Between Hines, Ausbon, Quartney and Kendrick, you may very well see four guys give up their final (and presumably best) season in Maroon & White and end up undrafted. It's frustrating to see but more so for the young men than for the program. Having more veterans out there is a good thing, but the Aggies are loaded with young talent at receiver and linebacker and will keep moving forward.

Liucci

In reply to Rossticus •  10:29a 

Staff

AG

Rossticus said:

On the bright side, this would appear to open up a spot under the 85. It's pretty clear we've seen the last of Hines in Maroon and White. 

Liucci

In reply to Buglerank62 •  10:31a 

Staff

AG

Buglerank62 said:

I get the feeling there is someone on campus not associated with athletics who is pulling the strings on these. Just my two cents.

You never know, but speculation doesn't help anything right now. I think they'll be business as usual out there at practice this week. The Hines deal came out of left field but this is something I warned you could very well happen when things like depth charts, position battles and playing time started to sort themselves out. 

Liucci

In reply to Billy Moose •  10:35a 

Staff

AG

Billy Moose said:

Hansford making a move?

Yes. Without question.

Here are my notes from late last night for a quick write-up later today, in fact:

QB - Mond closed out an exceptional camp
RB - Ainias and Spiller at the top, nice day by hubbard, crownover gives some power, achane steady ascent
TE - blumrick making some plays as a pass-catcher, interesting matchup who can run...pass game depth?
WR - potential starters? maybe kam, caleb, chase or preston (3 of those four) with demas and moose coming on (moose with a big day last week), kam has had a very nice camp, hez banged up a little and chase coming back. preston had a nice week last week and could definitely earn the vandy start, as well
OL - layden still coming on great battle with hocker, kenyon getting some action at center, aki had a couple of big days last week...he's getting better, matthews should be back and mccollum has been healthy
DE - donnell and diggs should begin contributing very early in the rotation, clemons has been very good wire to wire and i still think leal is best player
DT - i think peevy/brown/jackson will be the top of the rotation
LB - hansford i haven't talked about enough but he's doing some nice things of late; edgerrin cooper is coming on fast...just a natural
CB - jones & jones with george
S - demani, leon and carper with johnson likely to come on as season continues...good depth with b williams too, carper with a nice pick this week
nickel - erick young and probably some moving parts thanks to flexibility

PR/KR - punt is ainias, kr is prob chase but will be demas/achane

Liucci

In reply to sealyaggies •  10:41a 

Staff

AG

sealyaggies said:

This is a great post that I think folks should re-read.

I wouldn't get too mad about this at all. Seriously, wish Anthony well and look ahead to the guys taking the field next Saturday and beyond. It's what the team is doing and there's no reason to disparage the young man...especially since you can easily disagree with the decision as much as you want without going at the kid on any type of personal level. And, look, saying you think he's crushing his chances in the NFL, that he's not as big a loss or a tremendous loss to the defense or even if you feel that guys like he and Ausbon are quitting on their team just before the season, that's all fair and those are the opinions even these young guys are subject to when making decisions such as these. They get a ton of praise on these forums so you can't run for the criticism or second-guessing when the tide turns...as long as you don't make things personal or feel the need to be vindictive in some way. It really shouldn't be that hard to one without the other.

Liucci

In reply to gigemJTH12 •  10:43a 

Staff

AG

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

Liucci said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Rarely disagree with you but NO WAY Jimbo ever lets him play here again. Not the way this went down. 

You do understand all of these opt outs are going to have the opportunity to come back, right? The overwhelming majority of them won't and each will likely be a mutual decision.

Liucci

In reply to TempleAg97 •  10:44a 

Staff

AG

TempleAg97 said:

What a loser. I don't want to read about "I wish him the best". F that. He's a quitter that used A&M for $100,000 while I pay $35,000 a year for my son to go. He'll amount to nothing in life. Next stop, working at McDonalds or us paying for him via social assistance.

This is the bull**** I'm talking about. You need the rest of the weekend off. Just a childish and pretty hateful response. Save ones like this for your Sunday meal after church today.

Liucci

In reply to gigemJTH12 •  10:45a 

Staff

AG

gigemJTH12 said:

I'm not saying Jimbo would say "no you can't come back" but he sure can hint at it.

"Hines you have 6 LB's in front of you if you come back"

Would keep Jimbo out of trouble and the quitter off the roster

I think those type of things will work themselves out. I think Hines has to have realized that when he made the decision.

Liucci

In reply to Scabie94 •  10:49a 

Staff

AG

Scabie94 said:

Good god man... a week before the first game? Taking serious reps and then bailing? 

I support the fight to open minds in the world, but are you really going to become a community organizer? Wouldn't it be nice to have a few million at a young age to organize in to a foundation for the community?  

Is this about being a pawn in the rich man's chess game? From an Aggie football point of view, it's very disappointing from a former #2 recruit in the state. Having said that- I hope he finds the peace it seems he is struggling to have.

The concept of him going through literally the entirety of fall camp and then coming to this decision, as you said, taking reps away from Hansford, White or whoever else could have benefited and then deciding playing this fall wasn't for him is No. 1 on my list of gripes in this particular instance. That's what hurts the team more than anything else.

Liucci

In reply to StringerBell •  10:50a 

Staff

AG

StringerBell said:

He hasn't lost the team at all. Quite the opposite, actually.

Liucci

In reply to StringerBell •  10:51a 

Staff

AG

StringerBell said:

And you're right, the overwhelming majority of these guys have outright said, "We want to play football" and they're all in for the long-term vision and especially for this fall.

Liucci

In reply to D.J. Flores •  10:53a 

Staff

AG

D.J. Flores said:

don't ask me to respect ish!! I know my opinion don't mean squat...but that is what forums are for... to discuss...*****..and moan. 

Plain ridonkulous...no other way to put it. Don't care if others will step up...it's not just about him. He is letting his teammates down. Fact. 

Let me make a quick point here: Nothing in your post is out of bounds. You don't have to respect it, you can think it's ridiculous or selfish or whatever. There is a line, however, just know that. Your opinion or post in no way crosses that. Venting and having opinions is fine. Probably 99% of you guys understand the difference I'm talking about.

Liucci

In reply to Goody •  10:55a 

Staff

AG

sealyaggies said:

Goody said:

Because aggie football is personal to many of us.

...and it's kind of a little personal to me, too, don't you think? Again, just act like adults on here and you can say pretty much whatever the hell you want. There will be a couple of posts pulled along the way out of probably several hundred and a couple of people will voluntarily choose to ignore a fairly simple request and end up banned about of the thousands and thousands that read this thread. Don't be that guy. It really is simple and you can offer up whatever opinion you want.

Liucci

In reply to AgE Doc •  11:04a 

Staff

AG

AgE Doc said:

Liucci are agents telling players that if there is a chance they could get passed up on the depth chart by more talented younger classmen they should bail and not take that "P.R. Hit" because of how it would effect their draft projection?

Instead of working harder and letting the season play out they are quitting/opting out to protect their status as a "Starter" ???

Aside from the whole Hines decision, yes, there is a lot of that going on and a lot of these agents are associated with the 'player union' thing behind the scenes. They're out there and they're telling kids to 'opt out.' If you're not a first- or second-round pick, then it's absolutely disgustingly self-serving and potentially career-destroying advice. I don't know which kids are listening who have opted out around the country but if these guys don't think the NFL is looking at you and going to ask "So why did you choose not to play football this year?"...well, I don't have anything for you.

I've already had an NFL assistant, a scout and a current player reach out this morning alone just bewildered by the non-first round guys opting out and worrying that they'll never get the chance to play football again. I guess the XFL will be there in some form or fashion but, after college, you have the NFL and that's it. And you're dealing a devastating blow to those hopes if you're guys like Blades, Ausbon or Hines. It's tough to say and I hope it doesn't work out that way but it's absolutely the truth.

Liucci

In reply to stir8ag •  11:07a 

Staff

AG

stir8ag said:

If this is due to an agent, we need to call him up and get him on staff asap because he must be one hell of a salesman. Ausbon, Hines, Blades, etc will all be looking for jobs at this time next year if they're being led to believe they've done enough to be drafted.  

I was excited to see what Hines could do this year but this isn't a huge loss. We have some studs at LB and I have to think his playing time was in question and he didn't like it. Just a guess

I truly don't believe this has anything at all to do with an agent. An agent would advise him to play at least one if not two more years of college football. Personally, if Anthony still wants to pursue a job in the NFL after this fall, I think a transfer would be the route to take. He literally has half of his on-field football career ahead of him. He's started for one season and could still start at the college level for twice that long. That's a lot of time to improve and show what you're truly capable of on the field.

Someone should bookmark these things for when they are blaming their poor season on the lack of these veteran players. But with all these young guys getting playing time, the future looks bright!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Someone should bookmark these things for when they are blaming their poor season on the lack of these veteran players. But with all these young guys getting playing time, the future looks bright!

They have a complex? 

Hmmm ... guess that's why their football facility is called the future is Bright Complex.

55 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Dang that fan base is scary. Racists, delusional, liars, and not very bright. That’s a powerful combination.

Billy is a fat, cocksucking regard, but I'll give him credit for the above.  He stomped out the racist shit with fervor.  Can't really do much with the rest of your list, though. 

*eta - obv he has some cleaning up of the board to do with the next few screenshots.  I was talking specifically about his back and forth segment. 

Edited by fattyflattie

Billy is a fat, cocksucking regard, but I'll give him credit for the above.  He stomped out the racist shit with fervor.  Can't really do much with the rest of your list, though. 
*eta - obv he has some cleaning up of the board to do with the next few screenshots.  I was talking specifically about his back and forth segment. 

Ha yes he can always hide the racism from being displayed in print. True.