Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

13 hours ago, Stannis said:

Did a 9th-grader write this?  That reads like something I would have written for a high school English assignment.  So, I guess it is close to what I would expect for the Chancellor of the Texas A&M System.

Possibly, they admit everybody now.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hattersley on LJ

Hey Andrew, thanks for the concise strategy on how to combat Texas's momentum like 3-4 months too late. I'm sure it's real helpful. I look forward to your next contribution to the internet, titled "No Duh: Water is Fucking Wet" and it's ideological follow-up "I Shit Myself; It Stinks"

• Hook 'Em 1

Tarp on just how shitty Vandy will be 

- After watching multiple quality teams stumble through their first games of the 2020 season versus less than stellar competition over the past few weekends via penalties, turnovers, special teams snafus, missed tackles, and blown assignments, it served as a reminder of how teams usually struggle in that first contest back. That's accentuated by the fact that most teams haven't played 11 on 11 since last December due to a lack of spring practice.

Thus, count your blessings that the Aggies are opening against the consensus worst team in the SEC.

- The Commodores have had nine players opt out or announce their intentions to transfer. From what we've been told, this doesn't mean that Vandy's players aren't looking forward to the season or the A&M game. Some of the players (especially in the offensive line) have opted out for what they consider to be legitimate health concerns (and their teammates have been understanding of those concerns). Others who won't be playing may have been returning starters or projected to be in the rotation at their positions but got bypassed on the depth chart.

- On the surface the game shapes up as a blow out and it well could be that. However, Vanderbilt is better on the defensive side of the ball (lots of seniors) and that unit could keep the score closer than expected for a while, especially if they don't turn it over and A&M makes some mistakes. They'll be a multiple odd man front under new DC Ted Roof who's coached at a lot of different places.

- The Commodores are expected to trot frosh QB Ken Seals as their starter on Saturday. He's got a bright future as a player but Vandy is transitioning from the West Coast to the spread and they've had four opt outs in their offensive line to the extent that one of their projected starters (guard Drew Birchmeier) is a converted defensive tackle. They have very little experience, okay size, and any injuries during the game could make things ugly in a hurry on that side of the ball if the Aggies can get good field position.

Oh, and this unit was really, really bad last year. Look for a lot of RPOs with simple reads to take the pressure off of the OL and QB and the quick game when it comes to throwing the ball.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Hines clarified his choice a bit. Seems pretty clear from this that he’ll be grad transferring somewhere else to play the 2021 season. 

It seems pretty clear to me that he got a fuck ton of insane aggie comments on his first post and he's trying to give some more details hoping the lunatics back the fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:
KarenKeyLargo avatar
KarenKeyLargo
Posted on 8 hrs, V I P, User Since 35 months ago, User Post Count: 8,801
  • 8 hrsVIP
  • 35 months

mmmvegas said... (original post)I don’t get it, but he should opt out if his heart isn’t in the game this year. https://twitter.com/theanthines_era/status/1307696210497675264?s=21

show more

I'm tired of making excuses for quitters. Simple as that.

quitters?

heh GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

They better blow the ‘Dores out by 35+ 

That’s a BAD football team with roughly 351 opt outs, including their best player in Dimitri Moore and the entire OL - which already sucked, so imagine the backups now starting vs a good aggy DL. 

Dimitri Moore came back about a month or so ago.  Looks like they have a couple of OL that started all last year, but they are moving a DT that may start at Guard.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Vandy fans think they'll get blown out.

https://www.14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16625

But, before they leave town, they will find the hospitality of aggies second to none and want to send their children to play in such a  glorious, beautiful place. Many a letter will be written.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

From looking around this is what Vandy will probably trot out at OL:

LT - Tyler Steen - started all 12 games at RT last year.

LG - Dan Dawkins - started 2 games last year

C - Grant Miller - started 7 games at Center last year

RG - Drew Berchmeier - starter at DT last year, moved to OL.

RT - Connor Mignone - Grad Transfer from Central Connecticut State.  Was 2 time First Team all Northeast Conference.

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Narrator: Billy Liucci receives the official depth chart from the university for the upcoming football competition against the University of Vanderbilt as all media outlets receive the same press release. He must now write a thousands words and pretend he was at practice. He wasn't at practice. 

seriously, that practice report was just listing the depth chart and saying how great everyone was. Literally any fan can look at the depth chart and write that. 

Apparently Jimbo does the same thing 

Perroni- “When Fisher is talking about guys down the depth chart, he always pulls out his notes to make sure to comment on everybody. So it's more telling the first few he mentions before looking at the card.”

48 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Impressive that they found a way to have 8 starting WR! 

Also as much as we bitch about our lack of LB depth, one injury there and they’re fuucked.

4 of the 5 OL backups are either true freshmen or rs freshmen, and the other one is center with a true soph Matthews who got beat in fall practice by an injured McCollum. 

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.png.cd6fecf015f7e96aa658f3b6c16ad26c.png

That's impressive. This guy pasted a quote correctly and then in literally the next line, he misspells Quit as Quite. As a guy who fucks up works multiple times daily on this website, that's impressively sad even by my standards.

Maybe he knows and just prefers quite because it rhymes with White. 

Additionally I'd love to address this moron's concept that if they quit aTm or leave the SEC their life is "going into the toilet." As if that toilet paper that is an aTm degree and bring part of a club of racists is really the step everyone needs to get ahead in life. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's impressive. This guy pasted a quote correctly and then in literally the next line, he misspells Quit as Quite. As a guy who fucks up works multiple times daily on this website, that's impressively sad even by my standards.

Maybe he knows and just prefers quite because it rhymes with White. 

Additionally I'd love to address this moron's concept that if they quit aTm or leave the SEC their life is "going into the toilet." As if that toilet paper that is an aTm degree and bring part of a club of racists is really the step everyone needs to get ahead in life. 

Beautiful! The fact that you already edited it and left this gem is even better.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Beautiful! The fact that you already edited it and left this gem is even better.

1) Lets go with the case I was illustrating just how bad I am with words. I'm a man of my word. 

2.) FWIW I added the second part of the post after the fact. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

Perroni note on LB Ke'Shun Brown who is listed under the Pronunciation Guide but not on the depth chart::

Jimbo also did not mention him when he was looking at his card and going down every LB when talking about Hines' replacement(s). That should be pretty telling. With the two other guys from Montgomery transferring, it would not be a shock to see him do the same.