Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

39 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Their recruiting social media is always....just wow

A mountain? with a Texas flag on it? Is it snowing?

Seriously, do they have middle schoolers working there?

Wasn't he referred to as "The Mountain" or something along those lines? Could be a terrible play on that nickname.

31 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Aggy two new opponents announced at 5 tonight, guessing not Florida anymore. Mizzou the next easiest East team probably. 

Think they get at least one of Florida/Georgia 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

If it's based on strength of schedule (like the SEC said) they should get one of Florida or Georgia. They already have two of the weakest East opponents in South Carolina and Vanderbilt. 

Right. And every team in the west should get one of those two teams, and then one team should get both. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

They likely aren't getting both of Florida and Georgia so the worst possible draw is probably one of those teams with Kentucky. 

I say that because I think Kentucky will be better than both Missouri and Tennessee next season. 

One team has to get both, and i think they have by far the easiest two teams otherwise. I think they have as good a shot at any of getting both. 

I'll take Georgia plus Kentucky though. 

Just now, Fud said:

One team has to get both, and i think they have by far the easiest two teams otherwise. I think they have as good a shot at any of getting both. 

I'll take Georgia plus Kentucky though. 

True. Vanderbilt is definitely the worst team in the East. The 6th spot is probably between South Carolina and Missouri. 

Almost everyone has the top 4 teams in the East as Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee.

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They likely aren't getting both of Florida and Georgia so the worst possible draw is probably one of those teams with Kentucky. 

I say that because I think Kentucky will be better than both Missouri and Tennessee next season. 

I think Tennessee has a good shot to be better than Kentucky this year. They quietly had a better defense last year and have an improving (maybe even good) o-line along with better skill players. Kentucky of course has an elite o line, but I think they might waste it and lose 3-4 games anyway.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

1) @ Tennessee is still a substantial upgrade over who they were playing in non-conference. 

2) It's almost like the SEC was protecting their playoff teams. 

The SEC makes no bones about being 100% focused on winning the football national championship every year. Even if they have to do this to their second-tier members:

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Sad they missed Georgia but Tennessee and Florida is a bit tougher than Colorado, Mcneese st, Colorado school of mines and whoever the fuck else they scheduled to get bowl eligible 

It's a lot tougher. Colorado was their toughest non-conference game and they're going to be one of the worst P5 teams in the country this year. They're 115th in returning production and they were already awful last season. 

They went from 4 auto wins to likely being underdogs against Florida and probably slight favorites on the road against Tennessee. 

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's a lot tougher. Colorado was their toughest non-conference game and they're going to be one of the worst P5 teams in the country this year. They're 115th in returning production and they were already awful last season. 

They went from 4 auto wins to likely being underdogs against Florida and probably slight favorites on the road against Tennessee. 

I think RGBIII was being facetious ... 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So since the dates are going to change done want aggy to play Arky and the Mississippi schools early or later on the year for the beat chance of beating them?

Think MSU late. More reps in practice Leach gets with that offense directly correlates to how many times aggy "corners" get fucking torched.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So, does aggy realize that they are one of the fodder provided to the expected good teams?  Them, arky, misery, vandy, Kentucky.  There’s your peer group, straight from the sec office. 

anything on aggy getting to host arky?

Yes, confirmed, they host Arky at Kyle Field this year.

Think MSU late. More reps in practice Leach gets with that offense directly correlates to how many times aggy "corners" get fucking torched.

I wonder which mid season loss will be followed by the emergence of King. I was hoping it would be a Mississippi school, though arky beating then at kyle would be a delicious treat.

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I wonder which mid season loss will be followed by the emergence of King. I was hoping it would be a Mississippi school, though arky beating then at kyle would be a delicious treat.

Jimbo won’t put him out there against a good defense, unless Mond is hurt or has quit. Need to see the new schedule. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Once they lose an unexpected game I bet they do go to King. 

Jimbo gonna sell that "I gotta have my guys in the system and we're rebuilding." 

After an entire offseason of “this is the year we compete for championships,” I'd love for fisher to be talking about it being a rebuild still. 

• Hook 'Em 1