Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

New aggy uniforms and yes... they deliver the laughs. Adidas and aggy is such a perfect second rate pairing. 

I don’t know which part is better — the lack of attention to detail (shoestring colors -  white then black) or the ENORMOUS Adidas logo on gloves and shoes all in non-school colors.

whooooooooop. 

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

New aggy uniforms and yes... they deliver the laughs. Adidas and aggy is such a perfect second rate pairing. 

I don’t know which part is better — the lack of attention to detail (shoestring colors -  white then black) or the ENORMOUS Adidas logo on gloves and shoes all in non-school colors.

whooooooooop. 

I have to think that was the price of getting rid of those awful shoulder stripes. They make good soccer gear, but Adidas and football just don't go together.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

imagine looking at A&M's OL recruiting over the last few years and thinking "yeah, we are good here"

Here is the comparison from 2017-2020 after taking out transfers ( I also gave a 1000 rank to anyone that didn't have a rank or was a Juco)

image.png.8941c29e8ddbff7985267d0368f1ca50.png

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Here is the comparison from 2017-2020 after taking out transfers ( I also gave a 1000 rank to anyone that didn't have a rank or was a Juco)

Man, when you put it all in a chart like that it's really sobering just how badly we're getting out-recruited by aggy on the OL. 

Is this the time where we point out that one of our guys ranked 1000 is going to be a top 15 pick in the NFL draft while their highest ranked guy from the 2017 and 2018 classes will never play a down for them?

Oh and relevant to all the Herb Hand talk, if you take out JUCO Willie Tyler, Hand's average rank per recruit in his two full classes is .9353, which is approximately the 147th player in the country. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Man, when you put it all in a chart like that it's really sobering just how badly we're getting out-recruited by aggy on the OL. 

Is this the time where we point out that one of our guys ranked 1000 is going to be a top 15 pick in the NFL draft while their highest ranked guy from the 2017 and 2018 classes will never play a down for them?

Oh and relevant to all the Herb Hand talk, if you take out JUCO Willie Tyler, Hand's average rank per recruit in his two full classes is .9353, which is approximately the 147th player in the country. 

Why are you so up Herb Hand's ass with these FACTS and FIGURES good sir?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Why are you so up Herb Hand's ass with these FACTS and FIGURES good sir?

What can I say? I'm a Herb Hand apologist.  There's clearly no track record of good recruiting by Hand in the past, so I should be basing my opinion only on the fact that 2021's not going well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

whooooooooop. 

'barbwire accents'  Fairly certain those uniforms come with a free tribal tattoo as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Thanks for putting this together.

If you look at the blue chip numbers for the 2019/2020 classes (Jimbo's first two full cycle classes), 

4*/5*                          3* (or lower)                Blue chip %

Texas                 6                                       1                                   86%

Aggie                  3                                      5                                   38%

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Too bad they whiffed on every single Texas DE.  Brooklyn, Philly and Jersey is where it's at though.

Lets not forget that Tunmise is a future DT who insists that he's a DE, at least according to Golfclap and several others. But I guess that's fine, they play 4 DTs anyway... 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets not forget that Tunmise is a future DT who insists that he's a DE, at least according to Golfclap and several others. But I guess that's fine, they play 4 DTs anyway... 

Yeah, they'll lie to him and accommodate that delusion per usual.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Not anymore. That dude got an advisor that told him the real money was in being a LB/Edge rusher. He lost a lot of weight (while somehow getting squishier) and he was down to like 220/230 pounds. The recent footage of him working out with a bunch of aggy and OU DL guys was pretty damning. Not only is he now small and doughy, but he had the slowest feet of the bunch and that bunch included cube DTs. I'll see if I can find that again. It's brutal. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

here's the recent clip -- He's the navy blue shirt in these clips and literally 100 pounds lighter than some of those guys   ::

EQ7Jv3vXsAMyzAJ?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If they're banking on Tumise, what about the Florida rumor? Even Loochi mentioned it. 

If he goes to Florida it's because Jimbo reconsidered his offer and decided on Taleeq Robbins (or one of the other 56 DL offers). 

Edited by golfclap
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

here's the recent clip -- He's the navy blue shirt in these clips and literally 100 pounds lighter than some of those guys   ::

Holy shit. That really exposed some balance issues I hadn't seen before. Even at 225 he falls victim to big mo carrying him off line. Bust. 

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, golfclap said:

EQ7Jv3vXsAMyzAJ?format=jpg&name=small

Lol it looked like it was his first timing running through the drill, doing it 3/4 speed. Hope that’s his excuse. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I have to think that was the price of getting rid of those awful shoulder stripes. They make good soccer gear, but Adidas and football just don't go together.

they are also fucking HORRENDOUS at baseball uniforms. Perfect for aggy, Childress, the bubbles, and a quick exit from a regional they didn't actually earn. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Am I missing something?  Their OL depth chart blows compares to ours.

23 hours ago, Scholz said:

They're mouth breathing morons.  People always make the mistake of applying logic and honesty to them.

Scholz has it right.  Apparently the only measuring stick aggy uses with OL recruits is weight.  "Oh he's great, he weighs 350, 360, 380 etc". Nevermind the fact that the guys are only 5'8 or so and run a 2 minute 40.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Simplifying aggy's uniforms really emphasizes what a shitty color maroon is. So fucking ugly. 

It at least looks like a classic college football color if it's a normal flat material, like their helmets. Florida State and BC make it look ok. The shiny ridged jersey really makes it purpler, which ain't great.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texifornia said:

It at least looks like a classic college football color if it's a normal flat material, like their helmets. Florida State and BC make it look ok. The shiny ridged jersey really makes it purpler, which ain't great.

Disagree. It's a shit color for uniforms. Your only accent colors are white and gold. Everything else looks even shittier. 

On 8/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, Focht Up said:

It comes from idiots like Loochie/Brawnie/Tarp.  Their subscribers believe every word of their bullshit.  I find it to be very entertaining, but one wonders why they continue to believe the exact same wishcasting year after year.

Cuz..... aggy

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Simplifying aggy's uniforms really emphasizes what a shitty color maroon is. So fucking ugly. 

It looked like complete dogshit before, so it's still an improvement imo. Though you could argue that it's still just dogshit.