Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Has KKL weighed in on Hines' opt out yet? That's the opinion I'm really looking forward to

KarenKeyLargo avatar
KarenKeyLargo
Posted on 8 hrs, V I P, User Since 35 months ago, User Post Count: 8,801
  • 8 hrsVIP
  • 35 months

mmmvegas said... (original post)I don’t get it, but he should opt out if his heart isn’t in the game this year. https://twitter.com/theanthines_era/status/1307696210497675264?s=21

show more

I'm tired of making excuses for quitters. Simple as that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
KarenKeyLargo avatar
KarenKeyLargo
Posted on 8 hrs, V I P, User Since 35 months ago, User Post Count: 8,801
  • 8 hrsVIP
  • 35 months

mmmvegas said... (original post)I don’t get it, but he should opt out if his heart isn’t in the game this year. https://twitter.com/theanthines_era/status/1307696210497675264?s=21

show more

I'm tired of making excuses for quitters. Simple as that.

Remember when she quit on a lifetime of Florida State fandom?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RabidM said:

Hmm, their fans will have an interesting choice.  Do they try and stop being racist so black players won't leave or join their football program in the first place, will this make the fans more racist in response, or do they decide that their racism is worth tolerating their continued mediocrity (as opposed to the grand future they envisioned?)... 

It is actually a really great scenario for them. They can claim that Jimbo was just on the verge of winning it all except those uppity blaggies ruined it it at the last second.

As always, it was just another conspiracy against them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The most amazing thing is that they still haven’t pieced together that their racist stance on the Sully statue is what is causing this and is what will continue to destroy their recruiting. They still think this is just a few bad seeds that they can bid good riddance to and move on to next years great season. 

Their complete and total disconnect is truly remarkable.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Things are going GREAT just kind of all around over there

Did a 9th-grader write this?  That reads like something I would have written for a high school English assignment.  So, I guess it is close to what I would expect for the Chancellor of the Texas A&M System.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

They still think this is just a few bad seeds that they can bid good riddance to and move on to next years great season. 

Several of them have takes about how Jimbo is changing the culture abd they love it. “Once he gets his guys in and we get rid of all these bullshit Sumlin sissies”

which is funny because that 2018 class is a fucking ghost town. 

“it ain’t gonna be like it used to be” - Jimbo

Spoiler

Watch Topic

Quick fall camp wrap

769 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 20 sec ago by fmrmgr

Liucci

9:32p 

Staff

AG

The Aggies have wrapped up fall camp and have already entered 'Game Week' with Vandy and the 2020 season-opener just six days away. Here is a follow up to last week's fall camp report with a couple of snippets from last week on the practice fields, including plenty you haven't and won't hear anywhere else:

-Kellen Mond closed out an exceptional fall camp. He was pretty damn outstanding from wire to wire...by far the best fall camp of his career. It's practice, I get it. I also know this is the best #11 has looked entering the season - by any metric, as a passer, on-field leader, knowledge of the offense, decision-making, runner...you name it - so Jimbo Fisher, the Ags' offensive staff and the guys in the locker room have to feel good about the most important position on the field entering the season.

-As I said last week, I'm loving what the Ags have in a 1-2 punch with Isaiah Spiller and Ainias Smith at the top. Spiller has just gotten better and better throughout the past month's worth of practices and Smith would join Mond on the very short list when talking about 'Fall Camp MVP.' As far as the depth goes, each of the guys behind those two have had some nice days throughout September, with true freshman Darvon Hubbard having some nice runs during last week's scrimmage. Devon Achane's steady ascent continues and I'd expect some legitimate reps and meaningful touches in the opener as the Ags hope to get him as ready as they can to have an impact against Bama, Florida and throughout the tougher SEC schedule.

-Jalen Wydermyer is the All-SEC candidate at tight end but I haven't mentioned converted quarterback Connor Blumrick enough over the past two weeks or so since Baylor Cupp and Blake Smith were lost due to injury. At 6-4 and probably close to 230 pounds, Blumrick is a pretty damn gifted athlete (he's played QB and running back and now tight end as an Aggie, after all) who has great speed, length and hands. Maybe he's finally found a home where he can contribute after sticking it out in College Station when so many lesser competitors would have bailed. He's made some plays in practice so is one worth watching next Saturday against Vandy.

-Everyone wants to know who the potential starters at wideout on Saturday. Here's my best guess based on a month's worth of intel and the current status. If the Ags were to go three wide, you're probably looking at some combination of Kam Brown, Caleb Chapman, Chase Lane and Jalen Preston. Hez Jones has been battled a minor injury after a very strong start to camp but should be available and I'm expecting we'll also see a lot of Demond Demas and Moose Muhammad from the true freshman ranks and second-year man Dylan Wright. Vandy definitely feels like a game during which Dameyune Craig is going to make sure everyone gets a chance to show what they can do, as the evaluation process is going to have to carry over into the season.

Moose made some very nice catches last week during team, 11-on-11 work and Preston has been making a hard charge down the fall camp stretch. Second-year man Kam Brown has had a very nice camp and has just gotten better and better over the course of the past month. He'd definitely land on the list of 'most improved' players in Maroon & White.

Still, this battle is so tight and features such a crowded field that anyone who thinks they've 'arrived' and doesn't come ready to produce during the upcoming week of practice could give up their spot in a hurry.

-Up front, Layden Robinson is still coming on and is pushing incumbent senior Jared Hocker at right guard...Kenyon Green is your starter at left guard but even saw some time at center last week as the Ags test the sophomore standout's ability to man the middle if they land in a pinch. Not surprisingly, Green didn't disappoint...In other news on the inside, true freshman Akinola Ogunbiyi had a couple of his best practices yet last week. He's going to be a very good one...And at center, Ryan McCollum has been back with the 1s and healthy, while third-year sophomore Luke Matthews could return to action as early as this week.

-True freshman alert! Defensive ends Donell Harris and Fadil Diggs are there yet but the two coveted pass rushers have hit that point where they're getting noticeably better with each passing week. They're also showing why Fisher and Elko tabbed them as priority recruits during the 2020 recruiting cycle. Don't know where it will come from first (my guess would be Harris) but I'd expect to see both guys on the field for meaningful reps very early this fall, possibly as early as Saturday evening at Kyle Field.

I've mentioned both of these things before but coming out of camp, they bear repeating.

DeMarvin Leal might be the best player on this A&M team and I think he's a future top-10 NFL Draft pick who will follow in the All-SEC footsteps of SEC West stars like Derrick Brown, Quinnen Williams and Jonathan Allen .
Michael Clemons put together what was by far the best fall camp of his career and has looked and acted like a different player since the Ags took the field a couple of weeks into August. By 'act' I mean he's been much more vocal out there as a leader and is practicing with a 'last go-round' and 'returning starter' sense of urgency.

-At defensive tackle, the Aggies have a ton of depth and some very promising young talent in the true freshman and sophomore ranks. They also have a lot of experience at the top. Both are going to be on display when you're talking about the top of the rotation, where senior Jayden Peevy and junior Bobby Brown will probably be joined by true freshman standout McKinnley Jackson.

-Anthony Hines opting out came out of left field and is a blow to depth. He was going to play and play a lot this fall, either as a starter or (at least at the beginning of the season) in that 'first off the bench' role that Aaron Hansford held last season. Fact is, Hansford had begun seeing the first-team reps last week and has been playing extremely well as we officially enter Vandy week. In addition to Hansford elevating his level of play, a name I routinely mention has continued to string together impressive practices. True freshman Edgerrin Cooper is going to be a very good linebacker for Tyler Santucci (as is fellow true fish Antonio Doyle) and the Louisiana product could crack the regular playing rotation at some point this fall. He's coming on that fast.

-Not much new to report at cornerback. Still looking like the senior Jones and the true freshman Jones as your starting cover men with JUCO addition Brian George also looking more and more capable of skipping the usual JC-to-SEC adjustment period and being ready to contribute significantly in year one.

-Demani Richardson has been one of the Ags' best players as expected, Leon O'Neal would be near the top of the 'most improved' discussion and Keldrick Carper has been consistent as a reliable senior (he grabbed a nice interception during last week's scrimmage). My guess is you'll see those three as your primary safeties to start things off, with Brian Williams finding his way onto the field in some capacity (as both a package guy and a backup) with true freshman Antonio Johnson eventually working his way into legitimate and perhaps even compete to start as the season progresses.

-At nickel, sophomore Erik Young has done a nice job since sliding into one of the most important roles in Mike Elko's scheme. I also fully expect the third-year DC to test out multiple options next Saturday as he looks to find this year's (hopefully) bigger and better version of what he's had each of his first two seasons working in Aggieland. Don't get me wrong, Deshawn Capers-Smith did a nice job in '18 and Roney Elam was a real find early last fall and at least three others stepped in and did a nice job after that. However, Elko is now working with a lot more talent than he's ever had in College Station so Young (who is supremely talented, by the way) and Co. should be an improvement.

-In the return game, Ainias Smith is back and will be a weapon in the punt return game and Chase Lane could be your early-season explosive threat on kick returns. Once a true freshman like Devon Achane or even Demond Demas can prove they're ready in terms of proper decision-making, I don't know if there are two bigger game-breakers on the list of options.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Hansford really going to start now?  As someone said, seemed like all he did last year was come in on 3rd down and blitz.

Not sure on Hansford. The bench is pretty deep at LB. I liked Hines and would have expected him to break through a little more this year. It is strange the kid can't put on any weight, though.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Someone should bookmark these things for when they are blaming their poor season on the lack of these veteran players. But with all these young guys getting playing time, the future looks bright!

The funny thing people are missing is the dissembling by pubes, blaming the agents for getting people like Hines to opt out because they are being passed on the depth chart in order to distract from overt racism and a shitty culture at a shitty school.

On average there’s what, maybe 1-2 players drafted from a team in any given year.   Leave out the very elite 5 or so teams talent wise and there is about a zero % chance those 1-2 NFL draft picks are getting passed up on their respective depth charts

I have some “reasonable” aggy friends and when the player demands started, they commented about us being in a tough place with so many demands and a moving target with additional ones being added almost daily.   I commented back “so you have what, 1 request to remove a statue?”   Instant replies “that’s never going to happen.”   

That’s the real aggy culture, pubes is just using the MoP to blur the narrative to salvage recruiting.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Not sure on Hansford. The bench is pretty deep at LB. I liked Hines and would have expected him to break through a little more this year. It is strange the kid can't put on any weight, though.

LB is deep and my dick drags the ground when I stroll down the street. Why are you people the way you are? This is a fucking loss. Say it aggy, FFS.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anthony Hines opting out came out of left field and is a blow to depth. He was going to play and play a lot this fall, either as a starter or (at least at the beginning of the season) in that 'first off the bench' role that Aaron Hansford held last season. Fact is, Hansford had begun seeing the first-team reps last week and has been playing extremely well as we officially enter Vandy week. 

hahahhahaha 

• Haha 1

Their complete and total disconnect is truly remarkable.

I’ve only followed them since the “Howdy - you’ve been annexed...” billboard in Gainesville when we fucked up and let them join the SEC. But I have to say, the “complete and total disconnect” seems more normal than remarkable- the more I see them.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

If the Ags were to go three wide, you're probably looking at some combination of Kam Brown, Caleb Chapman, Chase Lane and Jalen Preston. Hez Jones has been battled a minor injury after a very strong start to camp but should be available and I'm expecting we'll also see a lot of Demond Demas and Moose Muhammad from the true freshman ranks and second-year man Dylan Wright.

Dylan Wright the 8th guy mentioned in this koolaid write-up after the entire depth chart was gutted. He’ll be in the portal in the next year, will probably have a nice career at SMU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Here is a follow up to last week's fall camp report with a couple of snippets from last week on the practice fields, including plenty you haven't and won't hear anywhere else

Narrator: Billy Liucci receives the official depth chart from the university for the upcoming football competition against the University of Vanderbilt as all media outlets receive the same press release. He must now write a thousands words and pretend he was at practice. He wasn't at practice. 

seriously, that practice report was just listing the depth chart and saying how great everyone was. Literally any fan can look at the depth chart and write that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Hansford really going to start now?  As someone said, seemed like all he did last year was come in on 3rd down and blitz.

Yes. The light has really switched on for him. He’s really bought into the culture. He’s had some BIG days in camp. He’s bringing good pressure off the edge, but is also stout against the run. And when he’s had to work in pass coverage he’s shown an ability to stick to receivers really well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Narrator: Billy Liucci receives the official depth chart from the university for the upcoming football competition against the University of Vanderbilt as all media outlets receive the same press release. He must now write a thousands words and pretend he was at practice. He wasn't at practice. 

seriously, that practice report was just listing the depth chart and saying how great everyone was. Literally any fan can look at the depth chart and write that. 

Nobody dives deeper into the aggy media hivemind than Neonmoon. I can't imagine what this must do to your mental state.

22 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

couple more tracks to go.  They need a gritty victory over Vanderbilt to reach peak coaster. 

They better blow the ‘Dores out by 35+ 

That’s a BAD football team with roughly 351 opt outs, including their best player in Dimitri Moore and the entire OL - which already sucked, so imagine the backups now starting vs a good aggy DL. 

I think we need a blowout for peak coaster. We need Billy and Tarp with the MNC talk and the “it ain’t gonna be like it used to be” ratcheted up. Then a “close” loss to Bama where Jimbo scores 14 late to lose by 10. (Even if they were never in the game) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hattersley on LJ

Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson

You have to assume that running backs want to get their pro careers started as soon as possible. Because of that, you have to sell Johnson on the fact that Isaiah Spiller will only be in Aggieland for one more season after this. Even though he is perfectly fine with splitting carries. Johnson likely wouldn't want to be behind a four-year starter in his second season in 2022.

Johnson likes the idea of saving his body a bit at the next level, so Spiller can also be used as a selling point. A&M needs to show that the current A&M running back is a big kid and can take a pounding, so is definitely capable of carrying a heavy load to alleviate Johnson the first season. But, Johnson also needs to be aware that Spiller does not have anywhere close to the same speed as the top-50 prospect, so Johnson will be needed as a change of pace who can also run between the tackles. There is nobody else on the roster like that.

Even if Earnest Crownover, Deondre Jackson or Darvon Hubbard receive significant playing time this year, the coaches need to keep pointing to the fact that their speed is not comparable either. Both Ainias Smith and Devon Achane will be used differently than Johnson will, so they should not take many touches from him.

With Texas as A&M's main competition, the Aggies also need to use the offensive line and coaching stability in their favor. They need to have Kenyon Green in his ear about blocking for him and show him some of the young guys like Layden Robinson, Chris Morris and Aki Ogunbiyi that are already making noise and should be very good run blockers. Combine that with the fact there is also a perception that Tom Herman is on the hot seat and that should help the Aggies combat the momentum Texas has gained

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That is a LOT of true freshman they are expecting to contribute...I counted 6 with at least 2-3 starting

Stupid sip - those freshman and hand-picked by a sitting national championship coach for the hand-in-the-dirt by-god SEC. That's like a RS JR in your BDF. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hattersley on LJ

That contradicts literally everything all the other 9.95ers have said....he wants to have less wear and tear and be part of a committee 

"Hey LJ, this seniors starter is going to be gone next year and we are going to give you the rock 40+ times a game against LSU and Bama, you will love it!"- aggy sales pitch

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Even if Earnest Crownover, Deondre Jackson or Darvon Hubbard

laugh share GIF

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

the Aggies also need to use the offensive line and coaching stability in their favor. They need to have Kenyon Green in his ear about blocking for him

would this be the same Kenyon Green who still hasn't developed into an OT and has been getting some looks at C because McCollum and/or Matthews have both missed a huge portion of fall camp? The same Green that got the look at C after TR FR Smart Chibuzo tried? 

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Combine that with the fact there is also a perception that Tom Herman is on the hot seat

In LitStation that might be the perception - by the end of 2020 I don't think you'll see anyone using that argument, even Ole Billy. Also, I'd worry more about LJ talking to guys on the aggy roster, it sounds like they'd be more than willing to recruit for Tom Herman at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1