Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

I love how Aggy is shocked they have a bad o line. They been recruiting poorly at that position for years, but they chose to ignore realty because Turner only recruits NFL studs or whatever the fuck they told themselves. 

Kenyon Green - great guard. 

Layden Robinson -  jag 

Blake Trainor - jag

Colton Blanton - okay, but might have to medically retire without playing a down 

Tank Jenkins - mercenary guard. could be good. no idea 

Luke Matthews - pedigree jag 

Barton Clement - cube jag 

Grayson Reed - jag 

Adrian Wolfard - jag

Dan Moore - jag guard who now starts at OT 

Jared Hocker - jag OT who now starts at guard 

Kellen Diesch - jag 

Austin Anderson - jag transfered 

Riley Anderson - jag transfered 

Colton Prater - jag 

Ryan McCollum - jag OT that starts at center 

Now look at this years class

Akinola Ogunbiyi - could be okay 

Smart Chibuzo - lol

Josh Bankhead  - lol 

Jordan Jefferson  - lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I love how Aggy is shocked they have a bad o line. They been recruiting poorly at that position for years, but they chose to ignore realty because Turner only recruits NFL studs or whatever the fuck they told themselves. 

Layden Robinson -  jag 

Blake Trainor - jag

Colton Blanton - okay, but might have to medically retire without playing a down 

Grayson Reed - jag 

Adrian Wolfard - jag

Kellen Diesch - jag 

Colton Prater - jag 

Smart Chibuzo - lol

Josh Bankhead  - lol 

Jordan Jefferson  - lol 

Good thing Jimbo doesn’t have a history of shitty Olines right? 

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Don't care.  (Still) stuck with Jimbo...

Well I don't know why I came to Kyle tonight.
I've got the feeling our football team ain't right.
Mond sucks through the first three quarters
And Slo'neal won't follow Elko's orders.

Corps to the left of me!
Redasses to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with Jimbo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

He still has Jackson CB'ed to ... wait for it... A&M.  Shocking, ain't it?

If the higher ups told you that hope drives sales and directly your paycheck, you'd play the game too.  He's toeing the company line, dangling the carrot on a stick.  Now, would a lot of us choose that career - I'll be nice to some of the guys that work hard and watch the board. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Layden Robinson -  jag 

Blake Trainor - jag

Grayson Reed - jag 

Adrian Wolfard - jag

Kellen Diesch - jag 

Colton Prater - jag 

Smart Chibuzo - lol

Josh Bankhead  - lol 

Jordan Jefferson  - lol 

Looks ideal to me.

Perroni

Katy Tompkins five-star defensive end Tunmise Adeleye is not only one of the top juniors in the state of Texas, but also nationally in the class of 2021. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender his ranked as the No. 25 overall prospect in the class and has an offer list to match.

Adeleye had planned to be at Texas A&M's home game against Auburn this past weekend, but was unable to make it to Kyle Field.

"We had a long game against Clear Creek. I was just exhausted afterward, so I didn't end up making it to A&M on Saturday," Adeleye said on Monday evening. "I did watch the game on TV, though. I'll be there at some point this year, for sure."

Adeleye is still in contact with the Aggie coaches and is high on A&M. It was the first school to offer him during his freshman year.

"I've heard a little bit from coach (Terry) Price and coach Rob (Elijah Robinson) lately," he said. "They wanted me to come to the game, so I know they're still really interested. I know they have a bye next week, so they might came by too.

"They were the first school to offer me and have always been recruiting me as hard or harder than anybody. I know they've been really focused on the season, so I can understand it. A&M is a big-time school for me and somewhere I could see myself playing. I've known that since the day that they offered me."

With an SEC West school being on a bye week, Adeleye saw a coach from the program come by to see him Monday.

"LSU came by my school today," he said. "It was coach (Greg) McMahon. They've been putting on the pressure. LSU and Florida, I've heard a ton from lately. LSU wasn't really recruiting me that much until Sep. 1. But ever since Sep. 1, they've just been putting the pressure on me. I think I Facetimed coach O like two or three times since Sep. 1.

"They really want me to get down to Baton Rouge. I've been to Louisiana before, but I've never been to LSU. They've been telling me I'm a priority and they really want me to visit. I'm going to try to make it out there for a game, for sure. If a school is showing that much interest in me, I'm going to show interest back towards them - especially since I'm not anywhere close to a decision."

Though it is still relatively early in the process for Adeleye, he has a top three at the moment.

"It's still the same top three," he said. "It's A&M, Alabama and Ohio State. Those are the teams in the top three at the moment, but that doesn't mean things can't change."

In addition to a likely trip to Aggieland, perhaps for the next home game on Oct. 12, Adeleye plans to visit his other top schools this fall as well.

"I'm going to make it back to Tuscaloosa at some point this season," he said. "I don't know when, but it will probably be the game against LSU (on Nov. 9). I'm also going up to Columbus when Ohio State plays Penn State (on Nov. 23). Those are the two places I'm for sure going

43 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Rivals article with Donovan Jackson goes in depth on recruitment. Aggy nowhere to be found. Texas, Tennessee, Domer, Ohio State, Tree and Georgia mentions.

We should feel good about Texas here

21 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Did the Donovan Jackson to aggy myth start on the interwebs with their usual "were getting everyone, and those dern sip fehgs will be left out", or was there any real chance they had?

They're always getting everyone, and their boosters who recruit for them under the guise of journalism always crystal ball everyone to them initially.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Did the Donovan Jackson to aggy myth start on the interwebs with their usual "were getting everyone, and those dern sip fehgs will be left out", or was there any real chance they had?

It's actually true that they made some early progress with him, but he's never really been the type of guy who gravitates towards aggy. Mostly because gravity is directly correlated to mass.  Here's one of my favorite golden oldies from Tarp:

I watched Jackson on multiple reps during the last day of the event and physically he’s not nearly as imposing as A&M commit Akinola Ogunbiyi who is not only taller but heavier.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's another on a long list of guys that were Fong'd after the "moral victory" last year against Clemson.  As we've seen, a lot of those have been changed over time.  He's actually still Fong'd to aggy.

29 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's actually true that they made some early progress with him, but he's never really been the type of guy who gravitates towards aggy. Mostly because gravity is directly correlated to mass.  Here's one of my favorite golden oldies from Tarp:

giphy.gif

Kardell Thomas is physically imposing too, I guess. Must be a stud. 

Tell me, and by tell me I mean lie to me if necessarily, but was this event Tarp watched by chance one of the few where Donovan Jackson was cited as the best offensive lineman at camp? I'm just going to assume the answer is yes. 

On 9/26/2019 at 7:44 AM, Shaddie said:

I was going to say same thing. (As I Google wtf hexahedron is)

Will say Maginot would be very impressed though.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, closetojumping said:

That dude’s line couldn’t block for shit. 

as it turns out, very susceptible to the blitz...

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kardell Thomas is physically imposing too, I guess. Must be a stud. 

Tell me, and by tell me I mean lie to me if necessarily, but was this event Tarp watched by chance one of the few where Donovan Jackson was cited as the best offensive lineman at camp? I'm just going to assume the answer is yes. 

Don’t forget it was also the camp where Aki looked like this:

On 7/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Machinator said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1