Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any of the 21' recruits bailed yet on the aggy game?  Of course, pulling a Bryce Foster and leaving early like at the Auburn game will be just as good.

No cancellations yet. But it's 2021 class, they have another year and a half to cancel on A&M

2021 5-star Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye
2021 5-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson
2021 4-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Marcus Burris
2021 4-star Southaven (MS) WR Isaiah Brevard
2021 4-star Houston Episicopal OT Donovan Jackson
2021 4-star Marrero (LA) John Ehret S Kaine Williams
2021 4-star Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster
2021 4-star DeSoto DE Shemar Turner
2021 4-star Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem
2021 4-star Grandview TE/DE Dametrious Crownover
2021 4-star Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas
2021 4-star Philadelphia (PA) Northeast DE Elijah Jeudy
2021 Houston Episcopal OT Cullen Montgomery
2021 Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon
2021 Forrest City (AR) LB Marco Avant
2021 South Grand Prairie LB Marsel McDuffie
2021 Atascocita WR/TE Landen King
2021 Fort Bend Marshall DE Tristin Drones-Mouton

Edited by Neonmoon
Updated

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No cancellations yet. But it's 2021 class, they have another year and a half to cancel on A&M

TexAgs list doesn't have Donovan Jackson or Jordon Thomas

What I meant to say is that Perroni is lost and has no clue. He doesn't have anything resembling a pulse when it comes to multiple recruitments right now because the landscape is on tilt against ATM. He's just making shit up or copying takes from myopic morons near their program. He's good at both of those things, being a liar and a plagiarist, so it's not incredibly surprising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What I meant to say is that Perroni is lost and has no clue. He doesn't have anything resembling a pulse when it comes to multiple recruitments right now because the landscape is on tilt against ATM. He's just making shit up or copying takes from myopic morons near their program. He's good at both of those things, being a liar and a plagiarist, so it's not incredibly surprising.

He also said Tunmise isn't going to Texas because of the 3-man front.  You know, just like he said with Princely and Broughton.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terry Silver said:

Don't get your hopes up on Jackson.  As Perroni said, A&M has been on him the longest.  I don't think Herman can overcome that obstacle.

"A&M has been on him the longest" and "A&M was his first offer" are becoming a recurring theme on that board with recruits.

23 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Updated with cancellations. I'm sure there will be more

Aggie/247.  Should be titled "Random guys like Aggies."

4-star WR Isaiah Brevard impressed by Texas A&M environment

Spoiler

It was just a few months ago that 2021 Southhaven HS (MS) wide receiver Isaiah Brevard impressed during a June camp at Texas A&M, ultimately receiving an offer from the Aggies after that. Now he was back as an unofficial visitor watching A&M host top-ranked Alabama on Saturday afternoon.

The four-star wide receiver spent time talking with head coach Jimbo Fisher and wide receivers coach Demayune Craig as they caught up both about the Alabama game and how Brevard’s junior season had been going.

“They talked about the game plan and about Alabama,” Brevard told GigEm247. “Told me to keep up the good work they see, it would be cool to get me back down there.”

With a reported attendance of over 106,000 fans, the junior wide receiver from Mississippi had high praise for the environment at College Station and the fanbase overall.

“It was pretty good,” Brevard said. “I love the fanbase, the environment was pretty good I just loved everything about it.”

The 6-foot-3, 193-pound receiver listed Alabama, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Kansas, West Virginia, Ole Miss and Mississippi State and some of the schools who have been in contact with him most frequently.

The four-star receiver doesn’t have any more visits planned this season as he turns his focus to his own team.

With an eye on the next level, Brevard has worked on his technique and becoming a more complete receiver.

“I’ve just been working on my craft,” Brevard said. “Working on being a better receiver, working on small technique, working to get better for the next level.”

When it does come time for Brevard to make a decision, there will be a couple things he will keep in mind beginning with which school he feels has established the best relationship with him, in addition to, offering the chance to get on the field early on.

“Where I am at on their board,” Brevard said of some of the considerations he will have. “The love they show me and just a place where they make me feel like home and a place where I can play as a true freshman.”

Brevard ranks as the No. 80 prospect nationally in the 2021 class and No. 13 overall wide receiver prospect, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Brevard-46079432/

4-star DE has A&M in top group, Kyle Field loudest he's seen

Spoiler

In February, Texas A&M became only the third school to offer Philadelphia (Penn.) Northeast class of 2021 defensive end Elijah Jeudy. A couple months later, he made his way to Aggieland on an official visit.

Now, the 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior is a four-star prospect with offers from all over the country. This past weekend, he made his way back to College Station to take in a game as the Aggies hosted Alabama.

"I saw they were playing Alabama. And I was like, 'That's going to be a good game.' I wanted to be there to watch that game and to be in that environment, to see what it's like," the nation's No. 179 overall prospect said. "That's a school I like a lot, so it was an easy choice."

Jeudy and a large contingent ended up making the trip from Philadelphia.

"I went with my mom, dad, both my coaches and and three other players," Jeudy said.

"It was nice. We went down there for the day; got to watch the game, got to talk to Jimbo Fisher and some of the coaching staff. We just went for Saturday. We left that same day to go back home."

Jeudy came away quite impressed with his first experience at Kyle Field.

"It was fun. Man, it was packed," he said. "It was packed, it was loud - I could barely hear myself talk. I was a little surprised at how many people were there and just how loud it was. It's the loudest place I've been."

Jeudy also enjoyed being able to speak with Fisher.

"He hadn't had a chance to meet my mom and he had been wanting to, so he made sure to meet her," he said of the Aggie head coach. "We didn't get to talk to him too long, but he made us feel really welcome."

Another factor Jeudy likes about Texas A&M is his area recruiter, Elijah Robinson, who hails from just across the river in Camden, N.J.

"I love his coaching style," the four-star defender said. "He coaches like Deion (Barnes), the coach I have at Northeast. I think that, if he were to coach me, I'd feel at home."

Jeudy can play several roles at the next level and different schools see him fitting in at different places.

"Texas A&M, they're recruiting me as a hybrid, so a d-end and a linebacker," he said. "But most other schools are recruiting me as a linebacker."

Jeudy has taken a few other visits to schools this fall and could take some more going forward.

"I've been to Penn State a lot. It's easy to get to and I like it a lot there," he said. "I've also been to Alabama. And then Texas A&M. Those are the places I've been so far. I'm not sure if I'll make it anywhere else for games, but I'll try."

Though it is still relatively early in the recruiting process for Jeudy, he says a handgul of schools stand out to him.

"Yeah, there are a few," he said of top schools. "Texas A&M, Penn State, LSU, Michigan and Alabam, those are the main ones right now."

Through seven games this season, Jeudy has recorded 32 tackles, seven tackles for loss, three sacks, six quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Jeudy-46077013/

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Aggie/247.  Should be titled "Random guys like Aggies."

4-star WR Isaiah Brevard impressed by Texas A&M environment

Reveal hidden contents

It was just a few months ago that 2021 Southhaven HS (MS) wide receiver Isaiah Brevard impressed during a June camp at Texas A&M, ultimately receiving an offer from the Aggies after that. Now he was back as an unofficial visitor watching A&M host top-ranked Alabama on Saturday afternoon.

The four-star wide receiver spent time talking with head coach Jimbo Fisher and wide receivers coach Demayune Craig as they caught up both about the Alabama game and how Brevard’s junior season had been going.

“They talked about the game plan and about Alabama,” Brevard told GigEm247. “Told me to keep up the good work they see, it would be cool to get me back down there.”

With a reported attendance of over 106,000 fans, the junior wide receiver from Mississippi had high praise for the environment at College Station and the fanbase overall.

“It was pretty good,” Brevard said. “I love the fanbase, the environment was pretty good I just loved everything about it.”

The 6-foot-3, 193-pound receiver listed Alabama, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Kansas, West Virginia, Ole Miss and Mississippi State and some of the schools who have been in contact with him most frequently.

The four-star receiver doesn’t have any more visits planned this season as he turns his focus to his own team.

With an eye on the next level, Brevard has worked on his technique and becoming a more complete receiver.

“I’ve just been working on my craft,” Brevard said. “Working on being a better receiver, working on small technique, working to get better for the next level.”

When it does come time for Brevard to make a decision, there will be a couple things he will keep in mind beginning with which school he feels has established the best relationship with him, in addition to, offering the chance to get on the field early on.

“Where I am at on their board,” Brevard said of some of the considerations he will have. “The love they show me and just a place where they make me feel like home and a place where I can play as a true freshman.”

Brevard ranks as the No. 80 prospect nationally in the 2021 class and No. 13 overall wide receiver prospect, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Brevard-46079432/

4-star DE has A&M in top group, Kyle Field loudest he's seen

Reveal hidden contents

In February, Texas A&M became only the third school to offer Philadelphia (Penn.) Northeast class of 2021 defensive end Elijah Jeudy. A couple months later, he made his way to Aggieland on an official visit.

Now, the 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior is a four-star prospect with offers from all over the country. This past weekend, he made his way back to College Station to take in a game as the Aggies hosted Alabama.

"I saw they were playing Alabama. And I was like, 'That's going to be a good game.' I wanted to be there to watch that game and to be in that environment, to see what it's like," the nation's No. 179 overall prospect said. "That's a school I like a lot, so it was an easy choice."

Jeudy and a large contingent ended up making the trip from Philadelphia.

"I went with my mom, dad, both my coaches and and three other players," Jeudy said.

"It was nice. We went down there for the day; got to watch the game, got to talk to Jimbo Fisher and some of the coaching staff. We just went for Saturday. We left that same day to go back home."

Jeudy came away quite impressed with his first experience at Kyle Field.

"It was fun. Man, it was packed," he said. "It was packed, it was loud - I could barely hear myself talk. I was a little surprised at how many people were there and just how loud it was. It's the loudest place I've been."

Jeudy also enjoyed being able to speak with Fisher.

"He hadn't had a chance to meet my mom and he had been wanting to, so he made sure to meet her," he said of the Aggie head coach. "We didn't get to talk to him too long, but he made us feel really welcome."

Another factor Jeudy likes about Texas A&M is his area recruiter, Elijah Robinson, who hails from just across the river in Camden, N.J.

"I love his coaching style," the four-star defender said. "He coaches like Deion (Barnes), the coach I have at Northeast. I think that, if he were to coach me, I'd feel at home."

Jeudy can play several roles at the next level and different schools see him fitting in at different places.

"Texas A&M, they're recruiting me as a hybrid, so a d-end and a linebacker," he said. "But most other schools are recruiting me as a linebacker."

Jeudy has taken a few other visits to schools this fall and could take some more going forward.

"I've been to Penn State a lot. It's easy to get to and I like it a lot there," he said. "I've also been to Alabama. And then Texas A&M. Those are the places I've been so far. I'm not sure if I'll make it anywhere else for games, but I'll try."

Though it is still relatively early in the recruiting process for Jeudy, he says a handgul of schools stand out to him.

"Yeah, there are a few," he said of top schools. "Texas A&M, Penn State, LSU, Michigan and Alabam, those are the main ones right now."

Through seven games this season, Jeudy has recorded 32 tackles, seven tackles for loss, three sacks, six quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Jeudy-46077013/

“Loudest he’s seen” or loudest he’s heard?

• Like 2

Lord Hattersley, of the Hattersleys of Bryan-College Station / Aggie 247

4-star TE Wolfe's dialogue with A&M picking up after great visit

Key takeaways:

Recruit: Wolfe

Position: Tight end

Money quote: "I also had the privilege of meeting coach (Finley)’s wife.”

Editorial conclusion:  Profit

Spoiler

When 2021 Hardin HS (TN) tight end Hudson Wolfe received an offer from Texas A&M in mid-February, he looked forward to having the opportunity to visit College Station at some point to see what A&M had to offer.

That opportunity came this weekend with the four-star tight end on fall break and his team enjoying a bye week.

“The environment was fantastic,” Wolfe told GigEm247. “The gameday atmosphere is as good as anywhere I’ve been so far.”

Wolfe arrived in College Station on Friday and was able to see Texas A&M go through its final preparations before hosting Alabama. He also had the chance to spend a bit of time with A&M offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Darrell Dickey learning more about the offense and the way A&M uses tight ends.

“I spent time with Coach Dickey on Friday at the walkthrough,” Wolfe said. “He talked about the offense and how they utilized the tight end. We also talked about how they have had elite tight ends in the past and how I could fit into what they do offensively.”

The 6-foot-6, 243-pound tight end also spent some time on both Friday and Saturday getting to know A&M tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley.

“Coach Finley was great,” Wolfe said. “We talked briefly on Friday. We had much more time together on Saturday. He told me about the current tight ends and how they use them. We talked about the mental and physical demands of the position. We also talked about me visiting again after the season to really spend quality time with the staff. I also had the privilege of meeting coach Finley’s wife.”

Wolfe said he has been in contact with A&M for a while, but they have certainly been talking more following the visit. The four-star tight end added while a lot of programs have been making him a priority, the four he is in the most contact with are Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Ohio State.

The Savannah, Tennessee native left a few weeks open in the second half of the year to maintain flexibility and be able to take a few more trips before the season is over. Wolfe plans to be at the Alabama game against LSU on Nov. 9, in addition to a pair of rivalry games when Mississippi State hosts Ole Miss on Nov. 28 followed by Auburn and Alabama on Nov. 30.

Wolfe ranks as the No. 6 tight end prospect and also No. 6 prospect in Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lord Hattersley, of the Hattersleys of Bryan-College Station / Aggie 247

4-star TE Wolfe's dialogue with A&M picking up after great visit

Key takeaways:

Recruit: Wolfe

Position: Tight end

Money quote: "I also had the privilege of meeting coach (Finley)’s wife.”

Editorial conclusion:  Profit

Reveal hidden contents

When 2021 Hardin HS (TN) tight end Hudson Wolfe received an offer from Texas A&M in mid-February, he looked forward to having the opportunity to visit College Station at some point to see what A&M had to offer.

That opportunity came this weekend with the four-star tight end on fall break and his team enjoying a bye week.

“The environment was fantastic,” Wolfe told GigEm247. “The gameday atmosphere is as good as anywhere I’ve been so far.”

Wolfe arrived in College Station on Friday and was able to see Texas A&M go through its final preparations before hosting Alabama. He also had the chance to spend a bit of time with A&M offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Darrell Dickey learning more about the offense and the way A&M uses tight ends.

“I spent time with Coach Dickey on Friday at the walkthrough,” Wolfe said. “He talked about the offense and how they utilized the tight end. We also talked about how they have had elite tight ends in the past and how I could fit into what they do offensively.”

The 6-foot-6, 243-pound tight end also spent some time on both Friday and Saturday getting to know A&M tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley.

“Coach Finley was great,” Wolfe said. “We talked briefly on Friday. We had much more time together on Saturday. He told me about the current tight ends and how they use them. We talked about the mental and physical demands of the position. We also talked about me visiting again after the season to really spend quality time with the staff. I also had the privilege of meeting coach Finley’s wife.”

Wolfe said he has been in contact with A&M for a while, but they have certainly been talking more following the visit. The four-star tight end added while a lot of programs have been making him a priority, the four he is in the most contact with are Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Ohio State.

The Savannah, Tennessee native left a few weeks open in the second half of the year to maintain flexibility and be able to take a few more trips before the season is over. Wolfe plans to be at the Alabama game against LSU on Nov. 9, in addition to a pair of rivalry games when Mississippi State hosts Ole Miss on Nov. 28 followed by Auburn and Alabama on Nov. 30.

Wolfe ranks as the No. 6 tight end prospect and also No. 6 prospect in Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Machinator 2.0 got jokes.  

On 10/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Jimbo 2023 - We Offered First. 

More likely 

Jimbo 2023-- fishin at coal quarry lake, WV counting my $20,547 rolling in daily. 

Or equally likely,

Jimbroke 2023-- on the phone with lawyer, direct deposits stopped and aggy won't take my calls.  

Not to be greedy, but regardless how the rest of their season goes, this year or early next is prime time to get his agent to start sniffing around semi-publically.  He can claim aggy just isn't doing enough to win and they will give him an extension and raise.  

On 10/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, Treefidy said:

More likely 

Jimbo 2023-- fishin at coal quarry lake, WV counting my $20,547 rolling in daily. 

Or equally likely,

Jimbroke 2023-- on the phone with lawyer, direct deposits stopped and aggy won't take my calls.  

Not to be greedy, but regardless how the rest of their season goes, this year or early next is prime time to get his agent to start sniffing around semi-publically.  He can claim aggy just isn't doing enough to win and they will give him an extension and raise.  

I will coach them for a mere $6M per year guaranteed for five years.  That's a heck of a deal aggy.  PM me Sharp.