Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

One common theme in all these posts you are starting to see... stuff like:

”I am 100% confident in Jimbo, but...”

”Jimbo is the GOAT and will take us to the promised land, but...”

”[rant about everything going wrong]. However, I have full faith that Jimbo will get it turned around. He’s proven he can. Trust in Jimbo”

”Jimbo and I might not see eye to eye, but he’s got a natty. I’m not worried.”

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

”[rant about everything going wrong]. However, I have full faith that Jimbo will get it turned around. He’s proven he can. Trust in Jimbo”

”Jimbo and I might not see eye to eye, because I'm 5'8", but he’s got a natty. I’m not worried.”

Fixed it

2 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

”Jimbo and I might not see eye to eye, but he’s got a natty. I’m not worried.”

golden-calf-israel.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

If you can't sell Texas A&M, you should sell Real Estate. And if you can't sell Real Estate, you can sell subscriptions to an online recruiting service. And if you can't sell subscriptions to an online recruiting service, you can sell subscriptions to a Facebook page. And if you can't sell subscriptions to a Facebook page, you can sell swimming pools. And if you can't sell swimming pools, you can sell temp jobs. And if you can't sell temp jobs, you probably went to Texas A&M.

Insurance man...You damn near nailed this but left out insurance. Daddy98 is pissed!
  • Haha 1

Texas A&M to host some big-time talent this coming weekend

By Brian Perroni

The past couple years, Jimbo Fisher and Co. have seen some of the top 7-on-7 teams in the state of Texas make unofficial visits to Texas A&M with the entire roster in tow. They have always been in late-January and early-February. In fact, two years ago, the Aggies picked up a commitment from national top-100 safety Brian Williams out of a trip when he was thought to be leaning elsewhere previously.

This coming Sunday, Jan. 26, the Fast Houston 7v7 team will be in Aggieland. That squad has a number of highly-ranked prospects.

At wide receiver, the two headliners are in the class of 2021 in Dallas Skyline four-star Quaydarius Davis and Richmond Foster four-star Cody Jackson. Davis, ranked as the No. 77 prospect in the nation per the industry-generated 247Sports composite, was a one-time Texas commit that opened things back up not too long ago. He included A&M in his recent top five but the Aggies are still behind the other schools. This coming weekend could go a ways toward changing that, though. Jackson, ranked No. 95 overall, is an early Oklahoma pledge. He is solid to the Sooners, but would look around if there were a head coaching change before he arrived in Norman. A&M has yet to offer, but could do so this weekend.

The other wide receivers on the roster are four-star junior and Texas commit Billy Bowman of Denton Ryan, four-star junior Theodore Knox from The Woodlands as well as a pair of sophomore in Randy Master from Alvin Shadow Creek and Decoldest Crawford from Shreveport (La.) Green Oaks. Crawford is committed to in-state LSU.

Tight end Trent McGaughey of Shadow Creek will be there as well. The 6-foot-3, 224-pound class of 2022 prospect does not have an A&M offer at this point, but looked good at the Aggie camp over the summer. He has an impressive offer list.

The biggest name at running back is sophomore Jaydon Blue of Klein Cain. The 5-foot-9, 190-pound class of 2022 prospect already has an impressive offer list and will be a national recruit. Like Davis, he has A&M in his top five, but the Aggies are currently behind his top three of Georgia, LSU and Texas. A&M has yet to offer, as have LSU and Georgia. It would not be a surprise to see him add them from all three schools in the near future. Four-star junior Brandon Campbell is also on the team and is a maybe at this point to be there. He played at Pearland this past season, but is currently at Lamar Consolidated.

Hutto four-star defensive end Landyn Watson recently decommited from LSU and is wide-open at this point. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound junior has been to Aggieland numerous times, but has yet to pick up an offer. However, he is a player A&M is keeping close tabs on.

At cornerback, there are several players that already have A&M offers that will be there. Those include Katy four-star junior Hunter Washington, North Shore sophomore Denver Harris and Port Arthur Memorial sophomore Jaylon Guilbeau. Class of 2022 Clear Lake cornerback Julian Humphrey made the move from wide receiver to defense this past season and is both big and fast. He is one to watch going forward as well.

At safety, the biggest name is LSU four-star sophomore commit Bryce Anderson. Though the Beaumont West Brook class of 2022 defender made a very early commitment to the Tigers, he told us at the All-American combine that he is still planning to take visits to other schools and keep his options open.

The other safeties are Clear Lake junior Mark Wilson, Richland junior CJ Baskerville and Shadow Creek sophomore Jaidan Scott.

There could be some changes to the list as the team finalizes who will be there, but most of the above should be in town

11 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Texas A&M to host some big-time talent this coming weekend

By Brian Perroni

The past couple years, Jimbo Fisher and Co. have seen some of the top 7-on-7 teams in the state of Texas make unofficial visits to Texas A&M with the entire roster in tow. They have always been in late-January and early-February. In fact, two years ago, the Aggies picked up a commitment from national top-100 safety Brian Williams out of a trip when he was thought to be leaning elsewhere previously.

This coming Sunday, Jan. 26, the Fast Houston 7v7 team will be in Aggieland. That squad has a number of highly-ranked prospects.

At wide receiver, the two headliners are in the class of 2021 in Dallas Skyline four-star Quaydarius Davis and Richmond Foster four-star Cody Jackson. Davis, ranked as the No. 77 prospect in the nation per the industry-generated 247Sports composite, was a one-time Texas commit that opened things back up not too long ago. He included A&M in his recent top five but the Aggies are still behind the other schools. This coming weekend could go a ways toward changing that, though. Jackson, ranked No. 95 overall, is an early Oklahoma pledge. He is solid to the Sooners, but would look around if there were a head coaching change before he arrived in Norman. A&M has yet to offer, but could do so this weekend.

The other wide receivers on the roster are four-star junior and Texas commit Billy Bowman of Denton Ryan, four-star junior Theodore Knox from The Woodlands as well as a pair of sophomore in Randy Master from Alvin Shadow Creek and Decoldest Crawford from Shreveport (La.) Green Oaks. Crawford is committed to in-state LSU.

Tight end Trent McGaughey of Shadow Creek will be there as well. The 6-foot-3, 224-pound class of 2022 prospect does not have an A&M offer at this point, but looked good at the Aggie camp over the summer. He has an impressive offer list.

The biggest name at running back is sophomore Jaydon Blue of Klein Cain. The 5-foot-9, 190-pound class of 2022 prospect already has an impressive offer list and will be a national recruit. Like Davis, he has A&M in his top five, but the Aggies are currently behind his top three of Georgia, LSU and Texas. A&M has yet to offer, as have LSU and Georgia. It would not be a surprise to see him add them from all three schools in the near future. Four-star junior Brandon Campbell is also on the team and is a maybe at this point to be there. He played at Pearland this past season, but is currently at Lamar Consolidated.

Hutto four-star defensive end Landyn Watson recently decommited from LSU and is wide-open at this point. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound junior has been to Aggieland numerous times, but has yet to pick up an offer. However, he is a player A&M is keeping close tabs on.

At cornerback, there are several players that already have A&M offers that will be there. Those include Katy four-star junior Hunter Washington, North Shore sophomore Denver Harris and Port Arthur Memorial sophomore Jaylon Guilbeau. Class of 2022 Clear Lake cornerback Julian Humphrey made the move from wide receiver to defense this past season and is both big and fast. He is one to watch going forward as well.

At safety, the biggest name is LSU four-star sophomore commit Bryce Anderson. Though the Beaumont West Brook class of 2022 defender made a very early commitment to the Tigers, he told us at the All-American combine that he is still planning to take visits to other schools and keep his options open.

The other safeties are Clear Lake junior Mark Wilson, Richland junior CJ Baskerville and Shadow Creek sophomore Jaidan Scott.

There could be some changes to the list as the team finalizes who will be there, but most of the above should be in town

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say Quay is a candidate to do the “out of nowhere” commitment to Aggy. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say Quay is a candidate to do the “out of nowhere” commitment to Aggy. 

Ishmael Ibraheem has already claimed that spot for 2021. 

Edited by golfclap
*2021. I know what fucking year it is. SMFH

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Once again, I'm not seeing a lot of overlap in targets between us and them. 

That has been odd.  I figured there would some of that because #fatball, but I didn’t think it would be this divided. It’s a nice change in pace. Let them compete with their dirty shit against Miss, LSU, and Bama.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

That has been odd.  I figured there would some of that because #fatball, but I didn’t think it would be this divided. It’s a nice change in pace. Let them compete with their dirty shit against Miss, LSU, and Bama.  

A partial answer is lots of the talented guys we might both want have given us (or to a lesser extent them) early commitments and ruled out the other school. As a result, these lists inevitably don't list those kids so we don't see it as a "battle." See; Jaylen Jones, Hayden Connor, etc. But you'd still think you'd see more. I guess them not even listing guys they know they have no shot with like Savion Byrd and the Brockermeyers helps as well. But I'm still surprised to this degree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A partial answer is lots of the talented guys we might both want have given us (or to a lesser extent them) early commitments and ruled out the other school.

The type of athletic profile that Herman and his staff have targeted is very different from the type of athlete that Fisher and his crew have, it's been super obvious on the cube front and the CBs.

The other big factor has been the constant move OOS for guys on defense at aggy. DL and LB specifically. Their entire DL class for 2020 is from OOS. Diggs. Raikes. Harris. Walker. And 2 of the 3 that made it to campus from 2019 were OOS as well. Jones and Hunter. Martin and Diallo before that.  At LB in 2019 they took 5 guys, 4 from OOS. They took 2 guys in 2020 and you guessed it, they were both from OOS. 

It's also why they should be very wary of Elko leaving. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A partial answer is lots of the talented guys we might both want have given us (or to a lesser extent them) early commitments and ruled out the other school. As a result, these lists inevitably don't list those kids so we don't see it as a "battle." See; Jaylen Jones, Hayden Connor, etc. But you'd still think you'd see more. I guess them not even listing guys they know they have no shot with like Savion Byrd and the Brockermeyers helps as well. But I'm still surprised to this degree.

Some of it is stylistic differences, like golf lap mentioned and it’s also because aggy already has no shot with 5 of the current top 10 in state, so the ministry of information has ordered a full censorship on them. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Burris, Jackson, Adeleye, Ibraheem, Foster, and Jordon Thomas look to be the ones we are both after.  Did I miss anyone?

They would have for sure taken Sanders, Conner, and Harris.

Landon Jackson

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

FWIW - the Aggies expect to get James Coley from UGA (after his demotion), and they think he will be a huge hire from a recruiting standpoint, particularly in Florida.  (An UGA mod said yesterday that it was not a done deal yet.)

Besides the Dylan Wright/Demond Demas types of recruitments, it will be a litter different recruiting kids to A&M than Georgia...maybe

I think there's going to be a lot of overlap in this class. More than recent classes, at least.

Wheaton, LJ Johnson, Campbell

Davis, Earle

Foster, Roberts

Blackshire, L Jackson, Burris, Adeleye, Thomas, Turner

Cooks

Washington, II

I don't know. I haven't compared it to anything from 2019 or 2020, but it seems like we're head up against ATM out of the gate in 2021 more than in the past. Of course, many of these guys very well may prove out to not be interested at all in one or the other, but they all seem open or have visit both places. 

How badly does Texas even want Campbell?

Davis seems to be Texas' to lose, but it's unclear who the competition is. LSU sites think he's leaning their way

It'll be interesting to see if someone package deals Roberts' older brother with him. Jimbo has shown more of a willingness to do that than other regional powers. Whiffing on supposed A&M leans on the OL might make him jump on that 

Blackshire seems to be LSU vs Bama, assuming they want him 

Adeleye seems to be Bama vs the field, although having his good buddies in the class should give Texas a shot if the season goes well 

Cooks feels like a Texas kid

tenor.gif?itemid=5254164

• Like 2

Last year Aggy was getting pretty much shut out of in state DL, LB, DB besides the Jones purchase. That’s why they had to go buy some Mercenaries from the east coast and Missouri. So we will see which positions they don’t feel good about this year by which positions they look out East for 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

aggy with a couple of offers in SoFla ::

3* CB ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Phillip-OBrien-Jr-46080132/

3* RB (highlight video titled "Junior Season Missed Five Games" ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Katravis-Geter-46051549/

on cue ::

A Carol City kid with options ain't going to Aggy. No fucking way.

8 hours ago, Scholz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5254164

Are you saying that there may have untoward motives behind Jimbo's decision to meet with Uncle Ro before any other coach when aggy hired him?  How dare you, sir. Jimbo is very obviously a man of great integrity - just ask Meemaw and Looch. He would never do what you're implying here.

Covering up for a rapist and serial sexual abuser "good kid in a bad situation," on the other hand... Jimbo's all about second chances, you know.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, golfclap said:

aggy with a couple of offers in SoFla ::

3* CB ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Phillip-OBrien-Jr-46080132/

3* RB (highlight video titled "Junior Season Missed Five Games" ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Katravis-Geter-46051549/

on cue ::

That new aggy mod has an article on the O'Brien kid with him saying aggy is his "dream school"

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That new aggy mod has an article on the O'Brien kid with him saying aggy is his "dream school"

Here you go ... 

Aggy 247 / Andrew Hattersley / 2021 DB O'Brien Jr. lands offer from 'dream school' Texas A&M

Spoiler

2021 DB O'Brien Jr. lands offer from 'dream school' Texas A&M VIP

Andrew Hattersley

2021 Deerfield Beach HS (FL) defensive back Phillip O’Brien Jr. grew up watching Jimbo Fisher at Florida State and was tuned in two years ago when Texas A&M outlasted LSU 74-72 in a seven-overtime marathon at Kyle Field. 

On Tuesday he received an offer from the Aggies, a school he has wanted to play for since that game and a coach he grew up idolizing.

“It means the world,” O’Brien Jr. said. “Especially getting the opportunity to showcase my talents at my dream school. Watching them play that game against LSU two years ago and coach Fisher being the head coach is very awesome.”

The 5-foot-11, 173-pound defensive back received the news from Aggie graduate assistant Bert Biffani, who grew up in the same area O’Brien now lives.

“We’ve talked before,” O’Brien Jr. said. “I love coach, especially because he’s from Broward county too.”

The three-star defensive back said he plans to visit College Station, potentially before the spring but does not have a date in mind or any other visits at this time scheduled.

O’Brien now holds 30 offers and has heard from a number of those schools including Florida State, Penn State, LSU, Auburn, Miami, Maryland, Alabama, UCF, Florida, along with others.

The Deerfield Beach native currently ranks as the No. 360 player nationally and No. 14 safety prospect in the 2021 class, according to the 247Sports Composite. He finished last season with 50 tackles, three tackles for a loss, six pass break ups, one forced fumble and one interception returned for a touchdown.

16 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Here you go ... 

Aggy 247 / Andrew Hattersley / 2021 DB O'Brien Jr. lands offer from 'dream school' Texas A&M

Hide contents

Andrew Hattersley

2021 Deerfield Beach HS (FL) defensive back Phillip O’Brien Jr. grew up watching Jimbo Fisher at Florida State and was tuned in two years ago when Texas A&M outlasted LSU 74-72 in a seven-overtime marathon at Kyle Field. 

On Tuesday he received an offer from the Aggies, a school he has wanted to play for since that game and a coach he grew up idolizing.

“It means the world,” O’Brien Jr. said. “Especially getting the opportunity to showcase my talents at my dream school. Watching them play that game against LSU two years ago and coach Fisher being the head coach is very awesome.”

The 5-foot-11, 173-pound defensive back received the news from Aggie graduate assistant Bert Biffani, who grew up in the same area O’Brien now lives.

“We’ve talked before,” O’Brien Jr. said. “I love coach, especially because he’s from Broward county too.”

The three-star defensive back said he plans to visit College Station, potentially before the spring but does not have a date in mind or any other visits at this time scheduled.

O’Brien now holds 30 offers and has heard from a number of those schools including Florida State, Penn State, LSU, Auburn, Miami, Maryland, Alabama, UCF, Florida, along with others.

The Deerfield Beach native currently ranks as the No. 360 player nationally and No. 14 safety prospect in the 2021 class, according to the 247Sports Composite. He finished last season with 50 tackles, three tackles for a loss, six pass break ups, one forced fumble and one interception returned for a touchdown.

Quick, someone show him a tape of the Arkansas v. Kentucky game with Battleship Lorenzen and see what he says then. 

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Here you go ... 

Hide contents

Andrew Hattersley

Right, but can he punt?  That's the most important thing to aggy.

another FL offer out for this DE ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Farmer-46096506/

When the dead period came to a close last week, 2021 Gadsden County defensive end Joshua Farmer received a call from defensive ends coach Terry Price that he had received his first SEC offer from Texas A&M.

“I was excited and I was pumped,” Farmer said. “I know I have been working all my life for this, especially an SEC offer so I was pumped.”

In delivering the news to Farmer, he let the 6-foot-4, 240-pound defensive end know he liked his film and was looking forward to getting him up on a visit, which will likely take place in April with Farmer visiting Florida State and Tennessee the next two weekends. 

“He was like I really like your film; I can't wait to get you up here,” Farmer said. “ I love Jimbo and I know he's going to bring a good coaching staff with him. If I like it that's the school, it's definitely one of my top schools right now.”

Farmer has also received offers from Nebraska, Maryland, Southern Miss, Bethune-Cookman, Florida International, Kent State and Liberty. While Maryland has shown interest in the pass rusher, he said his relationship with Texas A&M hearing from multiple people ranging from the recruiting department, to player personnel to Price has stood out to him so far. 

Although Farmer is still getting to know Price, he has appreciated the honest manner of Price and his desire to push him. Farmer lost both of his parents growing up and now lives with his sister in Tallahassee after growing up in Port St. Joe and Apalachicola. The desire to take care of his family one day, especially his three sisters is what Farmer says drives him to make a career out of football and what he thinks about during every workout.

“He feels like a cool guy,” Farmer said. “He's going to be 100 with you and that's what I want. I don't want anything given; I know I am going to have to earn it. I want nothing given to me both my parents are dead it's just a blessing man for real.”

Now at Gadsden County HS,  Farmer is working with the same group of coaches that coached current A&M outside linebacker Tarian Lee Jr. Getting to play under the Gadsden coaching staff is something Farmer said has been a nothing short of a blessing.

“I know Tarian Lee, my coach recently coached him, Corey Fuller,” Farmer said. “It's a blessing to have him, Corey Fuller, Mark Liles and Devin Rispress. It's a blessing to have a coaching staff like coach Fuller, coach Liles and coach Rispress it's a blessing. “

Farmer has also spent quite a bit of time watching current head coach Jimbo Fisher, especially at Florida State and is well aware of the pedigree he has developing players.

“I grew up watching Jimbo and Florida State was my dream school,” Farmer said. “To play under Jimbo, he's coached a lot of great players especially a lot of D-lineman and I want to be that next great one so I definitely want to play under Jimbo.”

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

another FL offer out for this DE ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Farmer-46096506/

Reveal hidden contents

When the dead period came to a close last week, 2021 Gadsden County defensive end Joshua Farmer received a call from defensive ends coach Terry Price that he had received his first SEC offer from Texas A&M.

“I was excited and I was pumped,” Farmer said. “I know I have been working all my life for this, especially an SEC offer so I was pumped.”

In delivering the news to Farmer, he let the 6-foot-4, 240-pound defensive end know he liked his film and was looking forward to getting him up on a visit, which will likely take place in April with Farmer visiting Florida State and Tennessee the next two weekends. 

“He was like I really like your film; I can't wait to get you up here,” Farmer said. “ I love Jimbo and I know he's going to bring a good coaching staff with him. If I like it that's the school, it's definitely one of my top schools right now.”

Farmer has also received offers from Nebraska, Maryland, Southern Miss, Bethune-Cookman, Florida International, Kent State and Liberty. While Maryland has shown interest in the pass rusher, he said his relationship with Texas A&M hearing from multiple people ranging from the recruiting department, to player personnel to Price has stood out to him so far. 

Although Farmer is still getting to know Price, he has appreciated the honest manner of Price and his desire to push him. Farmer lost both of his parents growing up and now lives with his sister in Tallahassee after growing up in Port St. Joe and Apalachicola. The desire to take care of his family one day, especially his three sisters is what Farmer says drives him to make a career out of football and what he thinks about during every workout.

“He feels like a cool guy,” Farmer said. “He's going to be 100 with you and that's what I want. I don't want anything given; I know I am going to have to earn it. I want nothing given to me both my parents are dead it's just a blessing man for real.”

Now at Gadsden County HS,  Farmer is working with the same group of coaches that coached current A&M outside linebacker Tarian Lee Jr. Getting to play under the Gadsden coaching staff is something Farmer said has been a nothing short of a blessing.

“I know Tarian Lee, my coach recently coached him, Corey Fuller,” Farmer said. “It's a blessing to have him, Corey Fuller, Mark Liles and Devin Rispress. It's a blessing to have a coaching staff like coach Fuller, coach Liles and coach Rispress it's a blessing. “

Farmer has also spent quite a bit of time watching current head coach Jimbo Fisher, especially at Florida State and is well aware of the pedigree he has developing players.

“I grew up watching Jimbo and Florida State was my dream school,” Farmer said. “To play under Jimbo, he's coached a lot of great players especially a lot of D-lineman and I want to be that next great one so I definitely want to play under Jimbo.”

All these Florida offers are either 3*'s or have no rankings. I know, trust Jimbo and all that.  I'd be all for them filling up on these guys.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All these Florida offers are either 3*'s or have no rankings. I know, trust Jimbo and all that.  I'd be all for them filling up on these guys.

I’m with you in the sentiment, but it is early and guys show up out of nowhere in the southeast and wind up being beasts. It’s hard to know right now whether someone is turning them on to guys who will be outstanding and no one knows yet, or if they’re taking bread because ... Bilbo. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m with you in the sentiment, but it is early and guys show up out of nowhere in the southeast and wind up being beasts. It’s hard to know right now whether someone is turning them on to guys who will be outstanding and no one knows yet, or if they’re taking bread because ... Bilbo. 

Yeah, no matter how commitable they all are (well at this point all the offers probably are, they just have to know the trapdoor might come if their senior year sucks), Brown and O'Brien's offer lists are nothing to laugh at.