Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I haven’t seen anything like that posted about him but I only really follow recruiting through Surly and a few podcasts.  Terrell stated he wanted to enjoy the recruiting process and doesn’t want to ruin anything for the kid but says he expects him at Texas.  With that said, recruiting changes by the second with teenagers.

On a side note, I know “on the computer” reads Surly.  Will, get more former longhorns to do interviews.  I enjoyed the Jackson Jeffcoat and Quandre Diggs interviews.  Terrell is way more enjoyable to listen to than the previous guy, Joe Cook maybe?  

Tex is correct, at least on the fact that one of the $9.95ers hinted that he may not be talented enough to warrant what might be an interesting recruitment.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I think IT hinted that Shemar's a bit of a primadonna. How much that matters, who knows.

I haven’t seen anything like that posted about him but I only really follow recruiting through Surly and a few podcasts.  Terrell stated he wanted to enjoy the recruiting process and doesn’t want to ruin anything for the kid but says he expects him at Texas.  With that said, recruiting changes by the second with teenagers.

On a side note, I know “on the computer” reads Surly.  Will, get more former longhorns to do interviews.  I enjoyed the Jackson Jeffcoat and Quandre Diggs interviews.  Terrell is way more enjoyable to listen to than the previous guy, Joe Cook maybe?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Take it back, you sonofabitch

A neg? You dirty racist. I hope you’re trapped eternally in the 7th level of hell, forced to watch the entire “Flight of the Conchords” catalog coupled with “John from Cincinnati “ on a loop while having to hold hands with an aging Rue McClanahan. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Jackson and Burris most likely end up at aggy.  

Talking with locals, I dont think they end up at the same place. Jackson is likely an aggy with his dad playing there. Burris has the better shot at texas but it seems the interest is somewhat low on the herman front.

Both are being pretty silent. Both have been seen with numerous college shirts on around town. Part of the game I guess? Think I mentioned it earlier, but pulled up to a gas station and there was burris next to me. I'm 6'2" and I felt like a kicker next to him. He is a large human.

On edit: I'm not sure how many pieces of flair his dad has on his vehicle. I hope its under 4 for recruiting sake.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Landon Jackson

Hide contents

EPaiEvqXsAAHSgu?format=png&name=smallEPaiKSIWkAA1UmH?format=jpg&name=smallEPaiNVnX0AAk4Oc?format=jpg&name=small

Not saying these particular kids wind up going to Texas, but... I wonder what it's like to live in a world where Brandon Jones, Joseph Ossai, Javonne Shepherd, Chance Mock, Kris Boyd, Holton Hill, Malcom Brown, Malik Jefferson, Traylon Shead, Marcus Davis, Tim Cole, Jake Oliver, Patrick Hudson, Jeffrey McCulloch, Deandre McNeal, Keontay Ingram, Jalen Green, Josh Moore, Jordan Whittington, Moro Ojomo, and David Snow all went to aggy?

I'm sure I left more than a few players off the list that chinpubes and crew were just completely positive aggy was getting, but I think you get the idea. And yes, I know a few kids we thought were Texas locks that went to aggy. But our list is just a little bit longer. Only slightly. 

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

A neg? You dirty racist. I hope you’re trapped eternally in the 7th level of hell, forced to watch the entire “Flight of the Conchords” catalog coupled with “John from Cincinnati “ on a loop while having to hold hands with an aging Rue McClanahan. 

Would there be White Claws?

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Would there be White Claws?

Is that something that annoys people? If it is a bad thing for fatkid, yes. I don't know where men are supposed to land on the seltzer issue. Never had one myself. What I do know is that there are apparently some sensitive motherfuckers on this board when it comes to shitty, boring, unfunny old HBO series. Next up, someone's going to tell me that The Comeback was high art.

• Haha 2

Mike Leach is going after the Stanford grad transfer QB Costello.  IDK if any of Aky and the 2 Mississippi schools will beat aggy this year, but all 3 of thise teams could potentially have much better QB's than last year (Franks, while not spectacular, is a huge upgrade over Hicks and Starkel) and I could see Costello thriving under Leach.  Also, that freshman QB for Ole Miss last year wasn't to bad and figures to be better with another year and under Kiffin.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Mike Leach is going after the Stanford grad transfer QB Costello.  IDK if any of Aky and the 2 Mississippi schools will beat aggy this year, but all 3 of thise teams could potentially have much better QB's than last year (Franks, while not spectacular, is a huge upgrade over Hicks and Starkel) and I could see Costello thriving under Leach.  Also, that freshman QB for Ole Miss last year wasn't to bad and figures to be better with another year and under Kiffin.

Looks like Miss St. will lose about 9 starters, so I doubt they’ll be great next year, but if Leach can find a good QB for his system, they could probably go 7-5, maybe 8-4. They get aggy at home, so there’s definitely a chance. 

Also, in skimming their depth chart, I saw Chauncey Rives from Last Chance U was a senior this year and it looks like he’s projected as a mid-round pick in the 2020 draft. 

Ole Miss only loses like 5 starters, and Corral at least showed some flashes last year. Either way, both those games will be tougher for aggy than they were last year. I guess Arky will also be tougher, but they’re still pretty terrible. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Plumlee is the fastest white boy in I've seen in current cfb outside of Jake Smith.

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Felipe Franks may be Florida's (and now Arky's) version of Mond; physical specimen but seem to get lost in between the ears, can't make fast decisions and take sacks or makes wrong decisions.

A&M (Mond, no less!) already beat him once; maybe his college career will be bookended by losses to A&M.

Not sure yet about what Leach can do at Miss St, not just this year but going forward. Did he have to face plodding O's that chewed up clock? Jimbo probably will target a game scoring 31 points or under, and hope that Elko's D can stop the Pirate from scoring more than 24.  Jimbo's O means he will never blow out anybody but himself may suffer some blowouts almost every year either because his O couldn't keep up or because the D simply can't keep the other team from scoring.  Not sure any of Ole Miss, Miss St, or Arky are there yet, but it seems certain none of these will be blowout wins for Jimbo, which is kinda dumb.

• Like 1

What does a realistic aggy OL class look like for 2021? @PHLaggie if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear. The 2021 OL class is so deep and so varied in offers/interests. It's one of the more interesting position groups in years. 

I'm assuming 3 OT/2 OG (5 OGs if Fisher gets his way) clearly with the early offers Henson is aware of the need for bodies at OT (18 OT vs. 4 OG). I think with the the 2 blueshirts (Phillips and Crownover) that it seems very unlikely that you guys would go up to 6 OL, right? If so, then I'd assume 4 OT/2 OG. Not sure on the roster count. 

so I guess I think it's something like 

OT :: Zuhn, Fatheree, Shepherd (assuming he unfucks his head to get marginal enough grades) 

backup options :: Erick Cade, Knox Boyd

OG :: Foster, Roberts

backup options :: Knox Boyd,  Ed'Zavier Deblaw, John Martin

was using ALC's spreadsheet to figure numbers (this was as of Jan 8th) 

9597384.PNG?width=600&fit=bounds

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, golfclap said:

What does a realistic aggy OL class look like for 2021? @PHLaggie if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear. The 2021 OL class is so deep and so varied in offers/interests. It's one of the more interesting position groups in years. 

I'm assuming 3 OT/2 OG (5 OGs if Fisher gets his way) clearly with the early offers Henson is aware of the need for bodies at OT (18 OT vs. 4 OG). I think with the the 2 blueshirts (Phillips and Crownover) that it seems very unlikely that you guys would go up to 6 OL, right? If so, then I'd assume 4 OT/2 OG. Not sure on the roster count. 

so I guess I think it's something like 

OT :: Zuhn, Fatheree, Shepherd (assuming he unfucks his head to get marginal enough grades) 

backup options :: Erick Cade, Knox Boyd

OG :: Foster, Roberts

backup options :: Knox Boyd,  Ed'Zavier Deblaw, John Martin

was using ALC's spreadsheet to figure numbers (this was as of Jan 8th) 

9597384.PNG?width=600&fit=bounds

How many guys have left since this was put together? I feel like there are guys on there that have already left. Renfro and Rogers went pro, didn’t they? Anybody else?

Just now, closetojumping said:

How many guys have left since this was put together? I feel like there are guys on there that have already left. Renfro and Rogers went pro, didn’t they? Anybody else?

Yeah, this was on the 8th -- I'm not sure if he's done an updated version. This was simply the last one I grabbed. Renfro and Rogers are gone for sure. I feel like someone said that Riley Anderson was going to retire as well, but he's still listed. Beal put his name in the portal but decided to stay. 

to my knowledge the portal count was the 5 RBs as well as Diesch, Paul, Horry, Johnson, Reynolds.  Renfro, Rogers, Madubuike, and Davis headed to the draft. 

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yeah, this was on the 8th -- I'm not sure if he's done an updated version. This was simply the last one I grabbed. Renfro and Rogers are gone for sure. I feel like someone said that Riley Anderson was going to retire as well, but he's still listed. Beal put his name in the portal but decided to stay. 

to my knowledge the portal count was the 5 RBs as well as Diesch, Paul, Horry, Johnson, Reynolds.  Renfro, Rogers, Madubuike, and Davis headed to the draft. 

So that chart shows them heading into the Fall with 4 over the limit. Remove Richardson, Renfro and Rogers, that leaves them with 86. They could sign 4 more guys on NSD2. I don't know if they are going to do so or not. Does anyone here?

Obviously, they're going to have more attrition between now and August. It's going to be fun to watch how much of that is painful. They're going to have guys that aren't happy with the looks they're getting in the spring and they'll exit. Some of that could cut to the bone. H Jones. Preston. 1-2 QBs. I assume one of the safeties will be gone. They're carrying a lot of guards. Good grief. That is a team hanging by a couple of strings, there. 

They also have a bizarre pile-up at LB. With Cooper signing, they're going to have 9 ILBs? Some of those guys are probably mislabeled and play outside. Still, I could see attrition there. 

I realize that ATM returns like 16 starters and they're getting hyped because of their schedule and because some people in the media seem intent on pumping them as a playoff contender every year as they ignore history. That said, outside of Mond being okay and the DLs, TEs and safeties having talent, man, I don't get it. Hines can't stay healthy. Buddy Johnson is good but overall LB is meh. Spiller is fine, but he's pretty much all you got. They're probably going to have Demas playing early, which means playing ahead of somebody who won't like that. CB is trash. The entire OL looks absurd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

They could sign 4 more guys on NSD2. I don't know if they are going to do so or not. Does anyone here?

they are pretty unanimous in saying that they can only sign 2 more because of the 25 cap. DT McKinnley Jackson and RB Darvon Hubbard. The expectation is that if Jackson signs elsewhere they will save that ship for Evans, since he's basically Private Mayo and has nowhere else to go (maybe Tenner or Ole Miss - he tried USC but they were a hard pass). 

This is why they have already hit 4 on the counter for 2021 with Phillips and Crownover both blueshirting as well as Banks and Stowers. So they'll have 21 and none or possibly 1 to borrow back from. it's going to be an interesting numbers situation. 

I've read Fuller, Jones, Preston, Foster, Reed, and Okeke as possible attrition candidates that could still happen. 

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They have 90 with the incoming class right now.

spacer.png

Edited by HtownHorn

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So that chart shows them heading into the Fall with 4 over the limit. Remove Richardson, Renfro and Rogers, that leaves them with 86. They could sign 4 more guys on NSD2. I don't know if they are going to do so or not. Does anyone here?

Obviously, they're going to have more attrition between now and August. It's going to be fun to watch how much of that is painful. They're going to have guys that aren't happy with the looks they're getting in the spring and they'll exit. Some of that could cut to the bone. H Jones. Preston. 1-2 QBs. I assume one of the safeties will be gone. They're carrying a lot of guards. Good grief. That is a team hanging by a couple of strings, there. 

Pretty sure they still have to get rid of 4-5, depending on whether or not Tucker is still on the team. At least that’s how it was when I last checked. Then have about ten candidates to fill those spots 

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

they are pretty unanimous in saying that they can only sign 2 more because of the 25 cap. DT McKinnley Jackson and RB Darvon Hubbard. The expectation is that if Jackson signs elsewhere they will save that ship for Evans, since he's basically Private Mayo and has nowhere else to go (maybe Tenner or Ole Miss - he tried USC but they were a hard pass). 

This is why they have already hit 4 on the counter for 2021 with Phillips and Crownover both blueshirting as well as Banks and Stowers. So they'll have 21 and none or possibly 1 to borrow back from. it's going to be an interesting numbers situation. 

I've read Fuller, Jones, Preston, Foster, Reed, and Okeke as possible attrition candidates that could still happen. 

Preston got talked back into the fold by Jimbo telling him he’d probably finally start 

I had a list of five or ten guys who have been mentioned as possibly being out, but I’m driving 

aggy Super Bowl & mutton busting party

VIP ByANDREW HATTERSLEY 

The final weekend before National Signing Day and a nearly-month long dead period will be a significant one for Texas A&M with both a key official visitor and a Junior Day set to take place this weekend.

The weekend will begin with one of the final targets left in the 2020 class four-star defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson arriving on campus for his final official visit before making a decision next week.

After Jackson departs on Sunday, A&M will host its first junior day later in the afternoon with plenty of top targets expected to be in attendance for the Super Bowl party.

The list is headlined by five-star defensive end Landon Jackson along with his teammate four-star defensive end Marcus Burris. The Pleasant Grove duo also received a visit from both the A&M and Texas coaching staffs on Wednesday after Jackson and Burris attended the Longhorns junior day earlier this month.

Four-star linebacker target Terrence Lewis originally informed GigEm247 over the weekend that he planned to visit A&M this weekend but there are conflicting reports as to whether he will indeed make it into town and we are still working to confirm whether in fact he will be in attendance. Lewis had planned to visit with Northwestern safety Kamren Kinchens, who will not be able to make it into town. His teammate, four-star wide receiver Romello Brinson, is still expected to visit this weekend.

A pair of commits North Shore four-star wide receiver Shadrach Banks and Denton Guyer four-star quarterback Eli Stowers are also expected to visit. Stowers will be joined by his teammate cornerback Deuce Harmon.

After hosting four-star offensive tackle Reuben Fatheree for a visit last weekend, A&M will host another couple of key four-star offensive line targets Trey Zuhn and Bryce Foster.

Four-star Cy-Fair running back LJ Johnson is also expected to be back in Aggieland after visiting for A&M’s final home game of the season against South Carolina. After Earnest Crowner committed to A&M earlier this month, he is expected to visit College Station along with his brother 2021 four-star Grandview tight end Dametrious Crownover.

Jimbo Fisher and Co. will also host a pair of key four-star defensive targets Jordon Thomas and Kendrick Blackshire. Thomas also visited College Station for the Aggies final home game against the Gamecocks while this will be the first visit for Blackshire since last July when he also visited for A&M’s barbecue event on July. 26, 2019.

Ridge Point offensive guard Caleb Rodkey and Dickinson outside linebacker Keith Cooper do not currently have offers from A&M but will also be at the Super Bowl party this weekend.

Among the 2022 prospects expected are Armani Winfield, Bear Alexander, Bobby Taylor, Donovan Green and Jaylon Guilbeau.

A couple key targets including four-stars Ishmael Ibraheem, Isaiah Brevard and Fatheree are also a couple to watch who could make it to campus. 2022 offensive tackle Kam Dewberry visited earlier this month and is also a possibility to return along with North Shore cornerback Denver Harris and 2023 El Campo running back Rueben Owens, who recently picked up an offer and has listed the Aggies among the early schools standing out to him. 

Full list of visitors expected: 

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 5-star DE Landon Jackson

-North Shore 4-star WR Shadrach Banks (A&M commit)

-Denton Guyer 4-star QB Eli Stowers (A&M commit)

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 4-star DE Marcus Burris

-Fort Collins (CO) Fossil Ridge 4-star OT Trey Zuhn

-Miami (FL) Northwestern 4-star WR Romello Brinson

-Katy Taylor 4-star OG Bryce Foster

-Port Arthur Memorial 4-star DE Jordon Thomas

-Duncanville 4-star LB Kendrick Blackshire

-Cy-Fair 4-star RB LJ Johnson

-Grandview 4-star TE/DE Dametrious Crownover

-Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon

-Frisco Independence TE Elijah Arroyo

-Fort Bend Ridge Point OL Caleb Rodkey

-Dickinson OLB Keith Cooper

-2022 Lewisville 4-star WR Armani Winfield

-2022 Dallas Skyline 4-star DT Bear Alexander

-2022 Katy CB Bobby Taylor

-2022 Dickinson TE Donovan Green

-2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau

MAYBE

-Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 5-star LB Terrence Lewis

-Richmond Foster 4-star OT Reuben Fatheree

-Southhaven (Miss.) 4-star WR Isaiah Brevard

-Dallas Kimball 4-star CB Ishmael Ibraheem

-2022 Atascocita 4-star OT Kam Dewberry

-2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris

-2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens

1) it’s funny that alc lists Jordan Jefferson as an attrition candidate. Kid is either not yet even enrolled or has been there a couple of weeks, and obviously will not transfer of his own accord as he clung to his aggy offer with all his might

2) Evans, a very talented football player, has very limited options on where to go play college football. Yet nobody at aggy cares.  Bag hag only cares about the red flags when it appears he’s headed elsewhere. 

3) aggy must be confident in landing Burris and Jackson, because they made sure to mention their visit to Texas and in homes by Texas coaches. That usually only happens when they are setting up for the big head to head win. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Also, looking at the CB depth, they are counting on Blades big time, and he's shown nothing but injury prone.  Who is the 1st CB off the bench?  I know they signed a 4* JUCO, but he doesn't arrive until summer, and as we saw with Gary Johnson, those guys usually don't start contributing until mid-season.  Myles Jones is nothing special.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Super Bowl party preview/list

Spoiler

Andrew Hattersley
STAFF
Posted on Jan 31st, 1:30 PM, V I P, User Since 54 months ago, User Post Count: 0
Jan 31st, 1:30 PM
VIP
54 months

The final weekend before National Signing Day and a nearly-month long dead period will be a significant one for Texas A&M with both a key official visitor and a Junior Day set to take place this weekend.

The weekend will begin with one of the final targets left in the 2020 class four-star defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson arriving on campus for his final official visit before making a decision next week.

After Jackson departs on Sunday, A&M will host its first junior day later in the afternoon with plenty of top targets expected to be in attendance for the Super Bowl party.

The list is headlined by five-star defensive end Landon Jackson along with his teammate four-star defensive end Marcus Burris. The Pleasant Grove duo also received a visit from both the A&M and Texas coaching staffs on Wednesday after Jackson and Burris attended the Longhorns junior day earlier this month.

Four-star linebacker target Terrence Lewis originally informed GigEm247 over the weekend that he planned to visit A&M this weekend but there are conflicting reports as to whether he will indeed make it into town and we are still working to confirm whether in fact he will be in attendance. Lewis had planned to visit with Northwestern safety Kamren Kinchens, who will not be able to make it into town. His teammate, four-star wide receiver Romello Brinson, is still expected to visit this weekend.

A pair of commits North Shore four-star wide receiver Shadrach Banks and Denton Guyer four-star quarterback Eli Stowers are also expected to visit. Stowers will be joined by his teammate cornerback Deuce Harmon.

After hosting four-star offensive tackle Reuben Fatheree for a visit last weekend, A&M will host another couple of key four-star offensive line targets Trey Zuhn and Bryce Foster.

Four-star Cy-Fair running back LJ Johnson is also expected to be back in Aggieland after visiting for A&M’s final home game of the season against South Carolina. After Earnest Crowner committed to A&M earlier this month, he is expected to visit College Station along with his brother 2021 four-star Grandview tight end Dametrious Crownover.

Jimbo Fisher and Co. will also host a pair of key four-star defensive targets Jordon Thomas and Kendrick Blackshire. Thomas also visited College Station for the Aggies final home game against the Gamecocks while this will be the first visit for Blackshire since last July when he also visited for A&M’s barbecue event on July. 26, 2019.

Ridge Point offensive guard Caleb Rodkey and Dickinson outside linebacker Keith Cooper do not currently have offers from A&M but will also be at the Super Bowl party this weekend.

Among the 2022 prospects expected are Armani Winfield, Bear Alexander, Bobby Taylor, Donovan Green and Jaylon Guilbeau.

A couple key targets including four-stars Ishmael Ibraheem, Isaiah Brevard and Fatheree are also a couple to watch who could make it to campus. 2022 offensive tackle Kam Dewberry visited earlier this month and is also a possibility to return along with North Shore cornerback Denver Harris and 2023 El Campo running back Rueben Owens, who recently picked up an offer and has listed the Aggies among the early schools standing out to him.

*There will likely be more prospects that do end up attending the junior day event, but these are the ones that we have confirmed and spoken with. We have spoken with almost all the bigger name targets and are still waiting to hear back on a few confirmations.

Full list of visitors expected:

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 5-star DE Landon Jackson

-North Shore 4-star WR Shadrach Banks (A&M commit)

-Denton Guyer 4-star QB Eli Stowers (A&M commit)

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 4-star DE Marcus Burris

-Fort Collins (CO) Fossil Ridge 4-star OT Trey Zuhn

-Miami (FL) Northwestern 4-star WR Romello Brinson

-Katy Taylor 4-star OG Bryce Foster

-Port Arthur Memorial 4-star DE Jordon Thomas

-Duncanville 4-star LB Kendrick Blackshire

-Cy-Fair 4-star RB LJ Johnson

-Grandview 4-star TE/DE Dametrious Crownover

-Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon

-Frisco Independence TE Elijah Arroyo

-Fort Bend Ridge Point OL Caleb Rodkey

-Dickinson OLB Keith Cooper

-2022 Lewisville 4-star WR Armani Winfield

-2022 Dallas Skyline 4-star DT Bear Alexander

-2022 Katy CB Bobby Taylor

-2022 Dickinson TE Donovan Green

-2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau

MAYBE

-Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 5-star LB Terrence Lewis

-Richmond Foster 4-star OT Reuben Fatheree

-Southhaven (Miss.) 4-star WR Isaiah Brevard

-Dallas Kimball 4-star CB Ishmael Ibraheem

-2022 Atascocita 4-star OT Kam Dewberry

-2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris

-2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens

34 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah but Jackson is a true stud with a lot of options. Not saying they can’t fuck up a legacy, they lost Vincent a year or two ago.  Just that it seems fortuitous for them when on an epic streak of landing cube guards, to fall smack dab into a decent to good tackle legacy.  

And they were never even really in it for Sam Adams II. But their rb room is crowded, so...