Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

5 hours ago, Focht Up said:

Having a bunch of no shows is actually a positive thing for aggy.  The coaches can spend more time with the few guys that did attend!

Look, I know we love our aggy schaudenfraud, but let’s be real. This is going to be a long cycle and Guys like Earnest Crownover weren’t even on the radar at this point last season.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Not sure, but I was just thinking of Danny McBride after reading these updates. At some point, Jimbo is going to have to pull out all of the stops at one of these gatherings, as it looks like the word is out that they’re just not very “lit”.

When this guy does figure out that he needs to shake things up, I am betting on full white-trash retard replete with explosives and some guy with a mullet shouting “Big ass titties!!!!” as he detonates one firework after another. They’ll bring in one of those trucks with the giant speakers on them and blare Def Leppard and White Snake until half the crowd gets hit with vertigo. Every stripper within 100 miles will be recruited to show up and party. Just pure Beverly Hillbillies level of slinging money out there without any class or decorum.

Like the Super Bowl halftime, minus the gloss?

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Like clockwork, Looch tweeting out saying Zuhn is a high 4*, top 100 type recruit.

Composite 290s, 247 is 278 and a 3 star. 

listen, the kid is a good prospect, and I’m fine with the idea that he’s underrated. But he’s not 200 spots underrated.

Click-clack. Click-clack. Click-clack. 

HammLite and Fong with the picks and a post by each of them on Deuce Harmon. I think we can go ahead and assume (despite what HammLite says) that Harmon is already  in the boat. I was wondering if OU would make a play since they have a dire need at CB and his brother is on the Sooner BB team. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Deuce-Harmon-46057334/

On 1/31/2020 at 12:57 PM, golfclap said:

What does a realistic aggy OL class look like for 2021? @PHLaggie if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear. The 2021 OL class is so deep and so varied in offers/interests. It's one of the more interesting position groups in years. 

I'm assuming 3 OT/2 OG (5 OGs if Fisher gets his way) clearly with the early offers Henson is aware of the need for bodies at OT (18 OT vs. 4 OG). I think with the the 2 blueshirts (Phillips and Crownover) that it seems very unlikely that you guys would go up to 6 OL, right? If so, then I'd assume 4 OT/2 OG. Not sure on the roster count. 

so I guess I think it's something like 

OT :: Zuhn, Fatheree, Shepherd (assuming he unfucks his head to get marginal enough grades) 

backup options :: Erick Cade, Knox Boyd

OG :: Foster, Roberts

backup options :: Knox Boyd,  Ed'Zavier Deblaw, John Martin

I honestly don't have any insider info, just going by public info and assumptions.

I had high hopes for Colten Blanton and Blake Trainor for one of the OT spots after having been in the program for more than a year and redshirting.  I think Blanton would be a redshirt junior now? I understand injuring and shit but if I'm a position corch (and I'm not), knowing who is permanently sidelined due to injuries and finding their replacement(s) is part and parcel of roster management.  So I'm guessing (hoping!) that Blanton and Trainor are healthy and can contribute, because the corches haven't exactly focused on getting OTs the last couple classes. Same goes for Grayson Reed but don't have a feel for where he would fit, probably not an RT or LT prospect but maybe one of the quality backup guard spots?  So I'm still hoping at least one of those three if not two of them pan out and find rotation spot next season.

Guard is loaded position-- loaded with shit? Cream floats up to the top, and guys like Tank Jenkins and Luke Matthews have to start floating to the top, or be ready to get flushed/portaled.  I know Matthews is last of the prodigious legacy line so hopefully he pans out.

If they're really betting on Shepherd to be their savior, good luck to them, but to paraphrase "Blake" from Glengarry Glen Ross, I would wish them good luck but they wouldn't know what to do with it if they got it.

Fans can play the "hope" game, going by how many times I used that word in this post. Corches better have more solid plans than just hope.

Bottom line, I'm hoping none of the freshman, not even Chris Morris, have to contribute right away because there is depth on campus and it's time for that depth to materialize into quality depth/starters.

And yes, focus on getting decent OT prospects in the recruiting class since they're not going to be hitting the portal or grad transfer circuit to get ready-made dude for plugging in. looks like Trey Zuhn is already landed, which is of some comfort.  Is Featheree too tall with not enough bend at the knee to be good OT prospect? Don't know. Is Hayden Conner really and truly a done deal, or do A&M's Katy ties come into play at all? Or are we splitting on the OL/DL with each getting one of landon jackson/burris and foster/conner? don't know.

Edited by PHLaggie

Spoiler

Liucci

11:07a 

Staff

AG

First off, this is one of two guys up front that I believe the Aggies simply had to find a way to sign in this year's cycle. The other is Bryce Foster. The two have very strong A&M ties and I think you're talking about a tackle/guard combo that has the potential to be truly elite at the highest level of college football - the SEC West.

As far as pure tackle prospects go, Zuhn should be considered a high four-star talent at the position and an easy national top-150 choice. We'll see how the increasingly untrustworthy national recruiting guys (if this makes its way to you and you get defensive than you're probably one of the guys I'm talking about) move him around but when you look at Trey's tape, check the measurements and see him in person, it's easy to see that he has what it takes to develop into an All-Conference or even franchise left tackle. It's the reason why the Ags had to battle Ohio State and OU for his services, not to mention programs like Michigan and Notre Dame even before teams had the chance to make their way to Fort Collins, Colorado, to see him this spring.

At 6-5 and 295 pounds, Zuhn isn't close to being done growing and looks like a future 6-6, 320-plus pound left or right tackle. Tremendous length and balance and Trey's footwork, quickness and pad level for a guy his height are all next level, uncoachable traits. He's also an exceptional student who should not only pick up the Aggie offense quickly but also learn the intricacies of the tackle position (and how to win against top-flight pass rushers via technique and film study) in short order.

When we first saw Zuhn walk into A&M's camp last summer, Howell, Brauny (he does this a lot) and I all wondered aloud, "Who the heck is THAT dude?" Just like Chris Morris did a year prior, Trey was one of those young prospects who looked college-ready prior to his junior season in high school. Also like Morris, Zuhn went on to impress in the camp setting and put together the type of junior campaign that made him a highest-level priority in the eyes of Jimbo Fisher, Josh Henson and the Aggie staff.  

Landing guys like Zuhn and Morris (and Foster) is an absolute must for an A&M program looking to continue to upgrade the o-line room and eventually field one of the top groups in the Southeastern Conference. Trey Zuhn is a big step towards that end, particularly when you realize what a dire need the tackle position is in the 2021 class. I've said many times over since the start of the 2020 cycle that the o-line classes of '20 and '21 were/are as important as anything that Fisher and the Aggies will do on the recruiting front in regards to building an SEC championship program and true playoff contender. Part of the reason I think there's a chance we ultimately look back on Sunday (and the last eight days if you include Reuben Fatheree's visit last Saturday) as one of those you bookmark in a pivotal recruiting cycle. That's also why I was such a big fan of the decision to offer Magnolia o-lineman Matthew Wycoff. Have to load up with numbers and high end talent in the trenches in order to contend annually in the SEC and adding a booked like Trey Zuhn to the mix is a terrific way to get things kicked off.

The Ags are sitting on three very early commits for 2021 and, as far as quality goes, it doesn't get much better than Zuhn, Eli Stowers III and Shadrach Banks. Stay tuned, as a couple of more dominoes could fall in short order.

Liucci's thoughts on the commitment of Trey Zuhn and the current status of OL recruiting from TexAgs Radio

When we first saw Zuhn walk into A&M's camp last summer, Howell, Brauny (he does this a lot) and I all wondered aloud, "Who the heck is THAT dude?" Just like Chris Morris did a year prior, Trey was one of those young prospects who looked college-ready prior to his junior season in high school.

IMO, normally those guys have peaked too soon. Mack Brown specials.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Jordan Jettison.

Yeah, they’ve already projected a position move and attrition from the guy who held on to his ATM offer like grim death. 

This guy isn't going anywhere. He's going to post a 3.5 or 4.0 GPA, and it's only going to be a matter of time before they find a way transmogrify his scholarship from fat 1 star loser who will be gone into a quintessential Locker Room/Glue Guy and a boon to the team GPA. I can't wait to watch.  

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This guy isn't going anywhere. He's going to post a 3.5 or 4.0 GPA, and it's only going to be a matter of time before they find a way transmogrify his scholarship from fat 1 star loser who will be gone into a quintessential Locker Room/Glue Guy and a boon to the team GPA. I can't wait to watch.  

I get the joke, but I think he actually struggled to qualify, and Jimbo was planning on using that as an excuse to not let him sign. And then "well sonofabitch, he qualified" 

Just now, GRHorn said:

The real tragedy here is that Looch can’t put Zuhn in the top 5-10 of his top 44

Don't be foolish. He absolutely has done this before with other kids who started in Texas and transferred, and even if he doesn't the number of "Trey Zuhn would be a top 10 player in the State of Texas if he lived here" comments will be a weekly occurrence, or more. These are his favorite kids, he can simply make vague statements about their talent level with little to no actual measurement or documentation. Liucci's bias and hatred of Texas is an unbridled, visceral force. It's similar to the personification of mother nature in Jurassic Park:

giphy.gif

Tune in for "Trey Zuhn compares favorably to Tommy Brockermeyer or Savion Byrd" comments in a Texags thread near you. This firesale will only last from February 2020 till December 2020. 

• Like 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

TFLoss posted this on spurstalk.  Daddy98 wont be happy.

A&M offered 2021 OL Matthew Wykoff of Magnolia yesterday, and Inside Texas believes that's where he will end up.

I thought he had small town farm goober energy. That's now confirmed.

Plus that town's getting subsumed by the exurb aggy belt.

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I thought he had small town farm goober energy. That's now confirmed.

Plus that town's getting subsumed by the exurb aggy belt.

Anecdotal but Magnolia is where I spent many a summer as a wee lad (due to the hillbilly side of the family being there).  That's the first time in my life I heard the n-word being thrown around with no shame in mixed company.

14 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Is Hayden Conner really and truly a done deal, or do A&M's Katy ties come into play at all?

Regarding his commitment I think it would take a Milroe flip to another school for him to possibly leave. Also, he seems big into the aerospace program at UT. Lastly, isn't he being viewed as most likely a guard in college?

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Regarding his commitment I think it would take a Milroe flip to another school for him to possibly leave. Also, he seems big into the aerospace program at UT. Lastly, isn't he being viewed as most likely a guard in college?

I think Conner is in no matter what 

Way-too-early predictions: Who will end up in A&M's 2021 class?

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 4 hours ago

31 Comments

Texas A&M is officially done with the class of 2020 after signing a pair of players on Wednesday. Now, the attention has completely turned toward the class of 2021.

Though it is still a year away from their signing day, the picture is already a bit clear on who the Aggies have the best chance with.

Based on all the intel at the moment, this is our best guess as to how the class could end up finishing.

Keep in mind, though, that there are always players that end up in the class that were not even on the radar at this point in their careers.

This will almost assuredly not be the exact 25 that sign with A&M come December and February, but it is at least a picture of what the class should look like.

QUARTERBACK

Eli Stowers, Denton Guyer (A&M commit): The ultra-athletic four-star prospect is already committed to A&M. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound dual-threat is still being pursued by other schools with Auburn offering just last week. However, he is solid to the Aggies.

RUNNING BACK

Earnest Crownover, Kilgore J.C. (A&M commit): Crownover is already an A&M commit and will technically be on campus once school starts in August. However, due to the ‘blueshirt’ rule, the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder will count toward the 25-man limit in the 2021 class.

LJ Johnson, Cy-Fair: The national top-100 back is a player that Jimbo Fisher has personally been recruiting quite a bit. At 5-foot-10, 205-pounds, he fits the offense really well in that he is both big and fast. Stanford and Texas will be players here as well, but A&M is in good shape.

Audric Estime, Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional: Not counting Crownover, the Aggies want to take two backs in the class. Estime is being recruited by Elijah Robinson and the 6-foot-1.5, 210-pound big back plans to visit this spring. This spot honestly could go to a number of players, though.

WIDE RECEIVER

Shadrach Banks, North Shore (A&M commit): A&M absolute loves the 6-foot-1 210-pound junior and there’s a reason he was the first commit in the class for the Aggies. He has grown up a big fan of A&M and people around North Shore say the national top-100 prospect is locked into his pledge. He can play inside or outside.

Ketron Jackson, Royse City: This second wide receiver spot could honestly go to anybody, including someone who isn’t even on the radar yet. But the 6-foot-1, 175-pound speedy four-star prospect was in College Station for the Super Bowl this past weekend and seems as good a bet as anyone at this point.

TIGHT END

Dametrious Crownover, Grandview: A&M is recruiting the 6-foot-6, 235-pound four-star prospect as an athlete. The Aggies think he can play either tight end or defensive end and just want to get him on campus and sort it out later. However, most of his offers are at tight end. His older brother will be on the team beginning in August and, even before Earnest committed, Dametrious was high on the Aggies.

Elijah Arroyo, Frisco Independence: Arroyo is the lone other in-state tight end to have been offered by A&M so far. The 6-foot-4, 210-pounder has seen some big offers come in as of late after he became a key receiver in one of the top passing offenses in the state. He is currently ranked as a three-star but it would not be a shock to see his rating go up by every service. There are a number of players who could end up filling this second tight end spot, but Arroyo is a good guess at the moment.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Trey Zuhn, Fort Collins (Colo.) Fossil Ridge (A&M commit): The 6-foot-6, 300-pound junior committed to A&M this past weekend, choosing the Aggies over his other two finalists – Ohio State and Oklahoma. He is a big kid already and moves well. The four-star is a pure tackle in a class where the Aggies badly need several of them.

Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster: The 6-foot-7, 315-pound tackle has been a target of A&M’s since early in his freshman year. Also a standout basketball player, he would like to play both sports in college. Fatheree has been to A&M as much as any other school and really likes both the football and basketball staffs. Baylor and LSU are the biggest threats at the moment.

Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor: The Aggies’ top target at guard, the national top-100 prospect is strong as an ox and already a very polished blocker. Foster comes from an Aggie family and is high on A&M. He plans to take his official visits, but there’s a good chance he ends up in Maroon and White.

Jaeden Roberts, North Shore: The 6-foot-4.5, 330-pound Roberts recently visited Alabama and did not include the Aggies in his top three after. However, A&M has been on him a long time and he will be back to Aggieland this spring and summer multiple times. He also has a teammate in Banks committed to A&M. This one is more up in the air than others, but he’s as likely as any other player to fill this spot.

Javonne Shepherd, Butler (Kan.) C.C.: A big A&M target out of high school in the class of 2018, Shepherd signed with Texas. He transferred after one semester and wanted to make it to Aggieland. However, he had to go the junior college route. He still plans on playing for A&M and could be able to get out as soon as December of 2020. With a decent spring and beginning to his season, there’s a good chance he gets his wish and becomes an Aggie. He would have three years of eligibility remaining.

DEFENSIVE END

Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove: The 6-foot-6, 240-pound five-star is the son of a former A&M walkon basketball player and has been to Aggieland a ton as a recruit. A&M was also the first school to offer him as a freshman. He is a huge priority for the Aggies. While Texas is making a run, I believe he ends up in College Station. He is set to officially visit the weekend of the spring game.

Marcus Burris, Texarkana Pleasant Grove: A teammate of Jackson’s, Burris is a national top-100 prospect in his own right. If you are taking bets on who could be the next Aggie pledge, the 6-foot-4, 265-pound defender would have good odds. The talk around Texarkana is that he is likely to end up at A&M.

Jordon Thomas, Port Arthur Memorial: It will be interesting to see how hard the Aggies push for the 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end prospect. Thomas was injured in the first game of the season and missed his entire junior year. However, he has the tools to be an elite pass rusher and the four-star prospect currently has A&M on top.

Tunmise Adeleye, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy: After transferring from Katy Tompkins to IMG last month, the five-star prospect has even more schools after him. He visited Florida this past weekend and the Gators are very much in the mix now. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender has A&M, Alabama and Ohio State as his top three, though, and a strong season by the Aggies will go a long way toward landing him.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Tywone Malone, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic: The nation’s No. 38 overall prospect, Malone is going to be a tough pull out of Big Ten and Notre Dame territory. However, A&M went into New Jersey for a pair of top defensive linemen this past class. The 6-foot-3.5, 300-pound Malone is very interested in A&M and has already made his way to campus once. He will return on an official.

Victory Vaka, Westlake, Calif.: The 6-foot-3, 315-pound four-star prospect has yet to visit A&M but continually includes the Aggies in his top group of schools. He has grown close to the A&M coaching staff. He is going to officially visit at some point and the Aggies will have the chance to win him over even more. Some of the defensive end targets are already big, so one of them could potentially end up as a tackle as well and fill this spot.

LINEBACKER

Kenneth Phillips III, Fort Bend Bush (A&M commit): The 5-foot-11.5, 205-pound defender committed to A&M this past summer, not long after picking up an offer from camp. He was part of the class of 2020 but tore three ligaments in his knee late in his senior season. Since he won’t be able to play this coming season, the Aggies are grayshirting him and bringing him to campus in January 2021 so he can count toward the 2021 class.

Terrence Lewis, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna: The 6-foot-1, 200-pound five-star prospect is a major A&M target. He made it to campus over the summer for the recruiting barbecue and has the Aggies in his top three with Florida and Nebraska. It will be a battle, but having good friend Donell Harris on campus will help.

CORNERBACK

Tony Grimes, Virginia Beach (Va.) Princess Anne: The nation’s top cornerback, the five-star prospect has spent close to a week in Aggieland each of the past two summers. He is returning in April for another unofficial visit. Grimes plans to make his decision on Dec. 1 and will officially visit A&M in the fall, potentially the weekend before that. The Aggies are in as good a shape as anybody and he just needs to gel with TJ Rushing as well as he did with Maurice Linguist.

Deuce Harmon, Denton Guyer: The 5-foot-9, 180-pound defender is very physical for his size, but also has really good speed, as evidenced by his film as a returner. Currently a high three-star, Harmon is a candidate to see his ranking go up by all the services. A&M really likes him and the feeling is mutual. With his teammate Stowers already committed, it would not be a shock if Harmon were next.

Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball: Still relatively new to the football, the 6-foot-1, 175-pound defender has found himself pursued by pretty much every top school in the country. Ibraheem has speed and size and, once he puts everything together, has as high a ceiling as any member of the class. He, too, was a big fan of Linguist but Rushing should be able to make an impression.

SAFETY

31COMMENTS

Kamren Kinchens, Miami (Fla.) Northwestern: A teammate of Lewis’ until the five-star linebacker transferred last month, Kinchens is still close to him. The duo will likely make an unofficial visit together to A&M this spring. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound defender has heard good things about Aggieland from both Harris and Lewis. His school principal is also the father of Aggie analyst Ishmael Aristide.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

31 Comments

Texas A&M is officially done with the class of 2020 after signing a pair of players on Wednesday. Now, the attention has completely turned toward the class of 2021.

Though it is still a year away from their signing day, the picture is already a bit clear on who the Aggies have the best chance with.

Based on all the intel at the moment, this is our best guess as to how the class could end up finishing.

Keep in mind, though, that there are always players that end up in the class that were not even on the radar at this point in their careers.

This will almost assuredly not be the exact 25 that sign with A&M come December and February, but it is at least a picture of what the class should look like.

QUARTERBACK

Eli Stowers, Denton Guyer (A&M commit): The ultra-athletic four-star prospect is already committed to A&M. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound dual-threat is still being pursued by other schools with Auburn offering just last week. However, he is solid to the Aggies.

RUNNING BACK

Earnest Crownover, Kilgore J.C. (A&M commit): Crownover is already an A&M commit and will technically be on campus once school starts in August. However, due to the ‘blueshirt’ rule, the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder will count toward the 25-man limit in the 2021 class.

LJ Johnson, Cy-Fair: The national top-100 back is a player that Jimbo Fisher has personally been recruiting quite a bit. At 5-foot-10, 205-pounds, he fits the offense really well in that he is both big and fast. Stanford and Texas will be players here as well, but A&M is in good shape.

Audric Estime, Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional: Not counting Crownover, the Aggies want to take two backs in the class. Estime is being recruited by Elijah Robinson and the 6-foot-1.5, 210-pound big back plans to visit this spring. This spot honestly could go to a number of players, though.

WIDE RECEIVER

Shadrach Banks, North Shore (A&M commit): A&M absolute loves the 6-foot-1 210-pound junior and there’s a reason he was the first commit in the class for the Aggies. He has grown up a big fan of A&M and people around North Shore say the national top-100 prospect is locked into his pledge. He can play inside or outside.

Ketron Jackson, Royse City: This second wide receiver spot could honestly go to anybody, including someone who isn’t even on the radar yet. But the 6-foot-1, 175-pound speedy four-star prospect was in College Station for the Super Bowl this past weekend and seems as good a bet as anyone at this point.

TIGHT END

Dametrious Crownover, Grandview: A&M is recruiting the 6-foot-6, 235-pound four-star prospect as an athlete. The Aggies think he can play either tight end or defensive end and just want to get him on campus and sort it out later. However, most of his offers are at tight end. His older brother will be on the team beginning in August and, even before Earnest committed, Dametrious was high on the Aggies.

Elijah Arroyo, Frisco Independence: Arroyo is the lone other in-state tight end to have been offered by A&M so far. The 6-foot-4, 210-pounder has seen some big offers come in as of late after he became a key receiver in one of the top passing offenses in the state. He is currently ranked as a three-star but it would not be a shock to see his rating go up by every service. There are a number of players who could end up filling this second tight end spot, but Arroyo is a good guess at the moment.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Trey Zuhn, Fort Collins (Colo.) Fossil Ridge (A&M commit): The 6-foot-6, 300-pound junior committed to A&M this past weekend, choosing the Aggies over his other two finalists – Ohio State and Oklahoma. He is a big kid already and moves well. The four-star is a pure tackle in a class where the Aggies badly need several of them.

Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster: The 6-foot-7, 315-pound tackle has been a target of A&M’s since early in his freshman year. Also a standout basketball player, he would like to play both sports in college. Fatheree has been to A&M as much as any other school and really likes both the football and basketball staffs. Baylor and LSU are the biggest threats at the moment.

Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor: The Aggies’ top target at guard, the national top-100 prospect is strong as an ox and already a very polished blocker. Foster comes from an Aggie family and is high on A&M. He plans to take his official visits, but there’s a good chance he ends up in Maroon and White.

Jaeden Roberts, North Shore: The 6-foot-4.5, 330-pound Roberts recently visited Alabama and did not include the Aggies in his top three after. However, A&M has been on him a long time and he will be back to Aggieland this spring and summer multiple times. He also has a teammate in Banks committed to A&M. This one is more up in the air than others, but he’s as likely as any other player to fill this spot.

Javonne Shepherd, Butler (Kan.) C.C.: A big A&M target out of high school in the class of 2018, Shepherd signed with Texas. He transferred after one semester and wanted to make it to Aggieland. However, he had to go the junior college route. He still plans on playing for A&M and could be able to get out as soon as December of 2020. With a decent spring and beginning to his season, there’s a good chance he gets his wish and becomes an Aggie. He would have three years of eligibility remaining.

DEFENSIVE END

Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove: The 6-foot-6, 240-pound five-star is the son of a former A&M walkon basketball player and has been to Aggieland a ton as a recruit. A&M was also the first school to offer him as a freshman. He is a huge priority for the Aggies. While Texas is making a run, I believe he ends up in College Station. He is set to officially visit the weekend of the spring game.

Marcus Burris, Texarkana Pleasant Grove: A teammate of Jackson’s, Burris is a national top-100 prospect in his own right. If you are taking bets on who could be the next Aggie pledge, the 6-foot-4, 265-pound defender would have good odds. The talk around Texarkana is that he is likely to end up at A&M.

Jordon Thomas, Port Arthur Memorial: It will be interesting to see how hard the Aggies push for the 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end prospect. Thomas was injured in the first game of the season and missed his entire junior year. However, he has the tools to be an elite pass rusher and the four-star prospect currently has A&M on top.

Tunmise Adeleye, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy: After transferring from Katy Tompkins to IMG last month, the five-star prospect has even more schools after him. He visited Florida this past weekend and the Gators are very much in the mix now. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender has A&M, Alabama and Ohio State as his top three, though, and a strong season by the Aggies will go a long way toward landing him.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Tywone Malone, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic: The nation’s No. 38 overall prospect, Malone is going to be a tough pull out of Big Ten and Notre Dame territory. However, A&M went into New Jersey for a pair of top defensive linemen this past class. The 6-foot-3.5, 300-pound Malone is very interested in A&M and has already made his way to campus once. He will return on an official.

Victory Vaka, Westlake, Calif.: The 6-foot-3, 315-pound four-star prospect has yet to visit A&M but continually includes the Aggies in his top group of schools. He has grown close to the A&M coaching staff. He is going to officially visit at some point and the Aggies will have the chance to win him over even more. Some of the defensive end targets are already big, so one of them could potentially end up as a tackle as well and fill this spot.

LINEBACKER

Kenneth Phillips III, Fort Bend Bush (A&M commit): The 5-foot-11.5, 205-pound defender committed to A&M this past summer, not long after picking up an offer from camp. He was part of the class of 2020 but tore three ligaments in his knee late in his senior season. Since he won’t be able to play this coming season, the Aggies are grayshirting him and bringing him to campus in January 2021 so he can count toward the 2021 class.

Terrence Lewis, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna: The 6-foot-1, 200-pound five-star prospect is a major A&M target. He made it to campus over the summer for the recruiting barbecue and has the Aggies in his top three with Florida and Nebraska. It will be a battle, but having good friend Donell Harris on campus will help.

CORNERBACK

Tony Grimes, Virginia Beach (Va.) Princess Anne: The nation’s top cornerback, the five-star prospect has spent close to a week in Aggieland each of the past two summers. He is returning in April for another unofficial visit. Grimes plans to make his decision on Dec. 1 and will officially visit A&M in the fall, potentially the weekend before that. The Aggies are in as good a shape as anybody and he just needs to gel with TJ Rushing as well as he did with Maurice Linguist.

Deuce Harmon, Denton Guyer: The 5-foot-9, 180-pound defender is very physical for his size, but also has really good speed, as evidenced by his film as a returner. Currently a high three-star, Harmon is a candidate to see his ranking go up by all the services. A&M really likes him and the feeling is mutual. With his teammate Stowers already committed, it would not be a shock if Harmon were next.

Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball: Still relatively new to the football, the 6-foot-1, 175-pound defender has found himself pursued by pretty much every top school in the country. Ibraheem has speed and size and, once he puts everything together, has as high a ceiling as any member of the class. He, too, was a big fan of Linguist but Rushing should be able to make an impression.

SAFETY

31COMMENTS

Kamren Kinchens, Miami (Fla.) Northwestern: A teammate of Lewis’ until the five-star linebacker transferred last month, Kinchens is still close to him. The duo will likely make an unofficial visit together to A&M this spring. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound defender has heard good things about Aggieland from both Harris and Lewis. His school principal is also the father of Aggie analyst Ishmael Aristide.

Grimes will end up at tOSU, and Johnson for sure isn't going to aggy. Sheppard getting his associates in one year? JLawOK.gif. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

31 Comments

QUARTERBACK

RUNNING BACK

WIDE RECEIVER

TIGHT END

OFFENSIVE LINE

DEFENSIVE END

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

LINEBACKER

CORNERBACK

SAFETY

31COMMENTS

Interesting that Luicci thought Evans was a possible fit in 2019 but not Wheaton this year

Edited by Viper