Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

On a drill involving footspeed where he jumped on four different spots, he was relatively fluid. He nearly ran over someone on a drill where players ran around a hoop to emphasize not just get off but bend. He is really different.

This whole report needs an aggy to English dictionary. Not only is this really reaching for sunshine but I don't even know exactly how this is sunshine. I mean, I see that he ends it with "He is really different." but it's hard to figure out exactly how impressed I'm supposed to be with a relatively fluid OL doing footspeed drills and running over teammates. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

JFC that update really lacked sunshine for aggy standards. They were really reaching just to find anything positivity to say. 

My favorite part was when he told us that both Caldaza and King suck.   Caldaza got bigger, so he'll be better at taking a hit?  We overestimated, as people  aggys commonly do, the impact a freshman can actually make.  Good luck Demas.  

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Conclusion is aggy has 1 player at a position where you play 5 at a time?

That's what I took out of it.  He stands out because he's not a complete spare cuboid.

"Kenyon Green. I don’t know what else to say except that there’s him and then there’s everyone else in that position group...He is really different."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

offseason update by Tarp ::

Hide contents

You’re not going to learn much from observing workouts that don’t directly involve football related activities. For example, no one at the fourth quarter workout that some of us were allowed to observe at Texas A&M on Monday got to see any of the quarterbacks throw a football. It’s about developing the players into better athletes so that they’ll be able to do those things at a higher level. In addition, the drills were outdoors and we were allowed to observe just a few rotations before leaving so there was no way to see everyone.

Even so, there were a few things that stood out. There’s no particular order to the following.

Among the quarterbacks, I was surprised at how much bigger Zach Calzada has gotten. I don’t know how that will relate to success on the field except that he’s much better equipped to take a hit than he was last year. There’s reasons that college players are often far different players in their second seasons on campus and time in the weight room and with a different nutrition regimen makes a difference.

We all tend to overestimate what freshmen can do and Longview quarterback Haynes King needs time to continue to fill out. This will not only make him more durable but also allow him to generate more velocity on his throws and in the process allow him to have a delivery that’s more consistent.

I watched two drills involving offensive lineman Kenyon Green. I don’t know what else to say except that there’s him and then there’s everyone else in that position group. He moves more effortlessly and finished drills faster. On a drill involving footspeed where he jumped on four different spots, he was relatively fluid. He nearly ran over someone on a drill where players ran around a hoop to emphasize not just get off but bend. He is really different.

Linebacker Buddy Johnson is by far the most bulked up and defined among the linebacker corps. He’s been on campus three years, he’s worked very hard, and it shows relative to most of the group that has just one season in Aggieland. He moved quicker out of his stance than anyone else as well.

Linebacker Anthony Hines doesn’t have the frame to be as physically imposing as Johnson. However, he moves well and he looks far more defined than at any point of his A&M career.

I know that Jared Hocker got a lot of grief for his play at times last season but he displayed better feet and bend during his time out there than most of the other offensive linemen.

there is a lot of creepiness to several of his observations...nttawwt

14 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

HAHAHAHAHA

The cognitive dissonance with "Jimbo's bringing Florida State/SEC style recruiting to CStat and I couldn't be happier!" and "it's hard being as pure as winged cherubs when the durn sips are paying everybody off" coming from the same people is pure aggy.

• Like 3

They don't believe they are clean.  Just another example in a VERY long list of "repeat it enough, and it is truth", from them.  The half dozen or so recruits from the NE they get interest from, and the Fla recruits, all on the up and up.  Yep.  

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Jimbo will be careful with cheating.  Only thing that can cause him to lose his ag retirement package. 

This is a good point. Jimbo would never, Oh I don’t know, use a publicly known trainer to facilitate an aggy booster paying for a 5 star’s housing for over a year in HS while said 5 star commits to Jimbo after leaving him out of his top 5 just weeks before and never take anymore visits to other schools for the rest of the process. Obvious shit like that is what Jimbo would never do, right aggy? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Does Jimbo funnel the money through his charity or does Aggy use a church like Clemson and LSU?

Ask KKL, who, moved from Fla to fucking tomball and works for his charity. And gives kids rides to camps. And who gives them advice on their futures in DMs.  And talks to their parents, and...uncles. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Does Jimbo funnel the money through his charity or does Aggy use a church like Clemson and LSU?

The speculation is through his charity. Hamm in typical Hamm fashion said that KKL asked him how to go about paying players in Texas, etc. 

I also think it's safe to assume that Fisher is leveraging the Adidas network to get kids paid as well. 

You guys remember when Dylan Wright was a Texas/LSU battle and his dad was adamant that they would take all of their official visits before making decisions.  Then he commits to aggy out of the blue before the season ever starts without even visiting them.  I member...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

You guys remember when Dylan Wright was a Texas/LSU battle and his dad was adamant that they would take all of their official visits before making decisions.  Then he commits to aggy out of the blue before the season ever starts without even visiting them.  I member...

Demas , jaylon Jones....

Just now, Texasborn91 said:

Demas , jaylon Jones....

Demani Richardson was the worst one. He showed up to a visit in Austin as a secret visitor. Cuckbo got wind of it and his uncle/trainer and wouldn't let him out of the car

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Demani Richardson was the worst one. He showed up to a visit in Austin as a secret visitor. Cuckbo got wind of it and his uncle/trainer and wouldn't let him out of the car

I remember that just couldn’t remember the name. 

The list of the Florida kids coming to aggy this weekend (I think several of them will be visiting Texas as well).

... and yes, the South Florida Express is an Adidas sponsored/run 7on7 team.  

The South Florida Express team will be making its way to A&M on Monday for a visit. Here are the guys on the roster. In addition to the 4-stars, 2023 WR Innis has a chance to be the top-rated player in Florida. 2022 S McCantos has a bunch of offers. A&M is also one of two schools to have offered CB/ATH Nelson.

3-star QB Nick Vattiato

4-star WR Mario Williams

4-star WR Agiye Hall

4-star Trevonte Rucker (Florida commit)

4-star WR Brashard Smith (Florida commit)

4-star WR Bralon Brown

3-star WR Malik Rutherford (Georgia Tech commit)

3-star WR Makai Lovett

2023 WR Brandon Inniss

4-star DE Bryce Langston

3-star CB/ATH Christopher Nelson

3-star CB Derrick Edwards

3-star CB Tyson Russell

3-star CB Travis McNichols

3-star CB Justin Payoute

UR CB Octavous Winkfield

UR CB Zackery Baldwin

3-star S Winsome Frazier

3-star S Jeremiah McClendon

2022 S Elijah McCantos

2022 S Malik McConico

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

His dad, too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

fbsschedules.com reported yesterday that Texas A&M has reached agreements with Tarleton State and New Mexico to play them in 2025 and 2027, respectively. 

smh GIF

Lol tarleton has been a 4 year school for how long now?  They couldn’t wait to schedule them. I’m surprised UTA isn’t on the schedule as a road game with a plan to show up at the stadium and declare victory by forfeit. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lol tarleton has been a 4 year school for how long now?  They couldn’t wait to schedule them. I’m surprised UTA isn’t on the schedule as a road game with a plan to show up at the stadium and declare victory by forfeit. 

They would have scheduled East Texas A&M and A&M Kingsville, except they couldn't risk the possible 'L's.

7 hours ago, victory88 said:

I hate to ruin a good rant, but 247 has him visiting aggy three separate times.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

11:05a 

Staff

- I've been told by some folks outside the Golden Triangle that there's been a recent Burnt Orange surge for Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas. I checked into things this morning, and a key source down there said they really doubted that JT would make a decision this soon. My contact did admit that he hadn't spoken to Jordon since Friday so things could have changed. Again though, they said it would come as a surprise. I'll follow up on this one later today. Thomas was at Texas yesterday. 

- In case you missed it, Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon will be back on campus again today. While I wouldn't necessarily say Jason and I are on commitment watch, there's no doubt the Aggies hold the reins in his recruitment. Getting him up here to see the staff face-to-face again can only further that long. We'll follow up with Deuce when he leaves College Station. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was it brauny that said Thomas was close to making a decision in his last update, or was that from elsewhere?

Pretty sure Brauny said he had heard Thomas had no plans to return to Texas anytime soon.

Perroni has Thomas in the "best chance to land" category for DL.

Thomas visited back in January and bailed on the aggy superbowl party.  Two visits to Texas since the start of the year, zero to aggy.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Pretty sure Brauny said he had heard Thomas had no plans to return to Texas anytime soon.

Perroni has Thomas in the "best chance to land" category for DL.

Thomas visited back in January and bailed on the aggy superbowl party.  Two visits to Texas since the start of the year, zero to aggy.

This fits the historical profile for a flood of aggy CBs from the mods.

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This fits the historical profile for a flood of aggy CBs from the mods.

"While not ideal, my sources confirmed that Thomas has been in regular contact with Jimbo Fisher and Co. and is in love with the family atmosphere in aggieland.  Whoop!  He also wants to major in engineering because he has aspirations of becoming an astronaut after college.  I'm going to put my crystal ball in for the ags.  But he could end up committing to the school in the state capitol."

30 minutes ago, Fud said:

Image result for sloth running gif

I was once attacked by a roving band of Japanese snowmonkeys while fishing with my roommate at Pedernales Falls. Their first move is to send one of them out ahead of you, in my case on the other side of the river (really a creek) and have him jump out exactly like this and start the dance. It's that stunning moment in which the beasts on this side of the river make their move. The last thing I remember hearing with clarity was "whoop whoop whoop" and then turning towards the noise and getting slapped across the face by a redfaced, midget demon. Thanks for rekindling the nightmare.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The last thing I remember hearing with clarity was "whoop whoop whoop" and then turning towards the noise and getting slapped across the face by a redfaced, midget demon. Thanks for rekindling the nightmare.

You sure it wasn't a band of aggies?

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, golfclap said:

more aggy offers going out - vai Hamm Lite 

Don't think I approve of the Tollison offer - he is very uncube. 

Tollison committed to Mizzou.  Not sure what aggy will end up with on OL.  They should be pushing for Wykoff, but I guess he isn't cubey enough.  Fatheree seems pretty open.  Got to be another Tank Jenkins/Clement take for this class right?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd