Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

34 minutes ago, golfclap said:

it's just FSU and aggy fans bitching at each other about which is the more pitiful program right now. sad that they opened it to other boards. 

Good enough for me to check it out. aggy tears gives more value for my 995 than Chip Fuckin Brown.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit. Had not seen that stat.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401110869

The box score doesn't look pretty, but it's not as bad as that. Don't know where that stat came from, but it's incorrect.

72 rushing yards on 26 attempts, 11 completions for 97 yards.

Edit: now i see it was 26 yards on 24 plays before they were down 31-0.

Edited by MuellerHorn
Context

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

The box score doesn't look pretty, but it's not as bad as that. Don't know where that stat came from, but it's incorrect.

That stat was for the first half

Edited by Hank_Hill

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All the posts on that thread are VIP, but it has a ton of downvotes.

The FSU troll is great. He tells them (the truth) their team hasn't won shit in a million years  and their  big comeback is that FSU players are boycotting. Classic aggy

Edited by Bevo14

3 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Edit: now i see it was 26 yards on 24 plays before they were down 31-0.

2.9 yards per pass with 3 int.  Aggie hasn't won anything this century.  I think there's a clear loser in all of this.  

• Like 1

I really think Jimbo should consider getting another QB playing time this season. We can't afford another season like Mond had last year.

And there it is, gentlemen. The seeds have been planted and we will once again senior aggie QB get benched in favor of the next big thing.

I researched this once back on a previous site, but I don't quite remember all of the details. I *THINK* the only senior QB to finish a season in College Station going back to like Branndon Stewart, was Ryan Tannehill.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

And there it is, gentlemen. The seeds have been planted and we will once again senior aggie QB get benched in favor of the next big thing.

I researched this once back on a previous site, but I don't quite remember all of the details. I *THINK* the only senior QB to finish a season in College Station going back to like Branndon Stewart, was Ryan Tannehill.

This is almost the exact opposite of the Jimbo experience. Usually it takes 4/5 years from his QBs to achieve the level of game in game out consistency needed to win at a high level. Though the Jimbo experience was mainly built in a conference where they were the only good team, the same conference where only Clemson is a good team now.

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Didn't he finish it as a receiver or was moved back from receiver?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

247 hinting that Stowers will get a ratings bump when the updated rankings come out in a few weeks 🧐

Well, the only thing they have to base current rankings on is measurables and he’s real good there. They’ve just forgotten he can’t throw for fuck all.

4 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If they can bracket Chase, he's kinda right. There really is no reason to lose to LSU. They will, but there's no reason for it. 

I strongly disagree. LSU is better than A&M across the board, except maybe at QB. 

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Aggy: predicts an 11-1 season

also Aggy: says 8-4 is a real possibility with the pirate out there. Do they play Miss State three times?

The pirate is going in DRY against jimbus.  I think he hangs 50+ on them.  Slow secondary, fat d-line.  It’s a recipe for embarrassment.

Also they lose to LSU for the same reason.  Alabama is just better across the board.  They’ll drop at least 1 more.  8-4 is the bar.  

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

The pirate is going in DRY against jimbus.  I think he hangs 50+ on them.  Slow secondary, fat d-line.  It’s a recipe for embarrassment.

Also they lose to LSU for the same reason.  Alabama is just better across the board.  They’ll drop at least 1 more.  8-4 is the bar.  

That roster is not optimized for Pirateball. I doubt it'll go that smoothly.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

That roster is not optimized for Pirateball. I doubt it'll go that smoothly.

Have said it before, but Ole Miss, Miss. State, and Arky have all upgraded tremendously from last season from the QB/OC/Offensive HC perspective.  And aggy has struggled with all 3 of those the last few seasons.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Have said it before, but Ole Miss, Miss. State, and Arky have all upgraded tremendously from last season from the QB/OC/Offensive HC perspective.  And aggy has struggled with all 3 of those the last few seasons.

Problem is pirate’s system takes awhile to get going. Lack of spring ball might hurt a lot of new coaches. Including ours. 😩

5 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I'll take LSU's oline against aggy dline and the Tigers dline against aggy oline.  And who does aggy have at rb to ease any pressure?  They've got a good TE but that won't be enough.   Showed it wasn't when they threw for under 2.9 yards a pass and 3 int's last year.  The saying goes, games are won and lost in the trenches.  Outside of the OOC schedule, where does aggy improve next year?  

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hate Briles - and don't particularly like Arky - but D'Eriq King vs Aggie would have been fun.  I suppose it's up to Franks, now.

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

Problem is pirate’s system takes awhile to get going. Lack of spring ball might hurt a lot of new coaches. Including ours. 😩

It's mostly verticals and pretty basic.  They'll practice the hell out of it but it won't be that complicated.  Thought that was the offense Gilbert was trying to implement which was a Briles offshoot from the pirate tree.  Aggy fat fucks will have to cover for 4 quarters with a line built to stop the run.  Can they do it?  

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I'll take LSU's oline against aggy dline and the Tigers dline against aggy oline.  And who does aggy have at rb to ease any pressure?  They've got a good TE but that won't be enough.   Showed it wasn't when they threw for under 2.9 yards a pass and 3 int's last year.  The saying goes, games are won and lost in the trenches.  Outside of the OOC schedule, where does aggy improve next year?  

- If Demas does well early, Ausbon/Wyermyer/Demas/Cupp + Ainias + any of Wright/Jackson/Jones/Preston ... they have some talent

- their Oline isn't particularly talented, but IIRC, don't they get most of them back (and benefit from experience)?

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So has Auburn, if Malzahn really gives up control to Morris.

15 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

It's mostly verticals and pretty basic.  They'll practice the hell out of it but it won't be that complicated.  Thought that was the offense Gilbert was trying to implement which was a Briles offshoot from the pirate tree.  Aggy fat fucks will have to cover for 4 quarters with a line built to stop the run.  Can they do it?  

That offense is based entirely on repetition. Theyll have had none of that. Tex is right. 

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- If Demas does well early, Ausbon/Wyermyer/Demas/Cupp + Ainias + any of Wright/Jackson/Jones/Preston ... they have some talent

- their Oline isn't particularly talented, but IIRC, don't they get most of them back (and benefit from experience)?

Demas is pretty thin.  And without a summer of practicing, his body hasn't acclimated to hitting at the next level.  I'd have corners jam him at the line anyways and certainly while he's this light.  Maybe year two or three but not year one.

Edited by Mdhorn

Have we reached the point of the year where everyone predicts Aggy to lose every game? It never happens. They are losing Bama and LSU, and Auburn is the coin toss. The should lose, but we will see. The other games mights be closer than expected or not. But Aggy wins. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Have we reached the point of the year where everyone predicts Aggy to lose every game? It never happens. They are losing Bama and LSU, and Auburn is the coin toss. The should lose, but we will see. The other games mights be closer than expected or not. But Aggy wins. 

Pretty much.  But for me, them not contending for a conference championship in a favorable year is yet another meh among decades of mediocrity.   Aggy tradition.  

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

They’ll have 6 weeks to practice a playbook that fits on an index card.  Even you could figure that out.

The “playbook” is simple. 

What takes lots of practice is the 2-4 options almost all routes have based on d alignment. You have to practice so receivers, qb’s and coaches all see the same thing. Then take into account either coaches or qb changing up play at los. 

9 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

The “playbook” is simple. 

What takes lots of practice is the 2-4 options almost all routes have based on d alignment. You have to practice so receivers, qb’s and coaches all see the same thing. Then take into account either coaches or qb changing up play at los. 

Which they should know by week six 

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

They’ll have 6 weeks to practice a playbook that fits on an index card.  Even you could figure that out.

Yes glen. As the other posters have already pointed out how wrong you are, I’ll just point out the many interviews with Leach and Tech qbs over the years citing the importance of many repetitions, in the hundreds, each practice, over years preferably. Surely they’re all full of shit. 

Or to look at it from another perspective, if it’s so fucking simple then why are Leach, Riley, Harrell and every other acolyte, always known for running solely offensively based practices at the expense of defensive reps and coaching? It’s been a common theme for a decade now. If the offense was so fucking easy wouldnt these smart coaches be using all that extra and unnecessary practice time on offense to shore up their consistently shitty defenses instead? Maybe the repetitions matter. But common sense isn’t all that common, so there’s no shock that you can’t figure it out. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

Wrong. The Tech offense can be installed easily because there’s basically no playbook outside of a handful of simple plays. Then all they have to do is develop perfect timing and complete mastery of how to run each route. That’s why Tech always has freshman phenoms that come in and start immediately and kick ass. It’s not like it takes years and years of practice resulting in a bunch of god damn 9th year seniors leading the nation in passing while throwing to 7th year receivers who have no discernible skills outside of what appears to be a psychic link with the QB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes glen. As the other posters have already pointed out how wrong you are, I’ll just point out the many interviews with Leach and Tech qbs over the years citing the importance of many repetitions, in the hundreds, each practice, over years preferably. Surely they’re all full of shit. 

Or to look at it from another perspective, if it’s so fucking simple then why are Leach, Riley, Harrell and every other acolyte, always known for running solely offensively based practices at the expense of defensive reps and coaching? It’s been a common theme for a decade now. If the offense was so fucking easy wouldnt these smart coaches be using all that extra and unnecessary practice time on offense to shore up their consistently shitty defenses instead? Maybe the repetitions matter. But common sense isn’t all that common, so there’s no shock that you can’t figure it out. 

Leach is 7-3 against Texas A&M - who had arguably better secondaries.  It’s also his offense with him calling the plays.  If he doesn’t take this A&M team to the rail, I’ll admit I was wrong and buy you your next Appletini.

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Which they should know by week six 

Yep. It's an offense that gets better with more reps. They should have plenty of reps by game 6. Leach has installed this offense at like 5 different places now, he knows the best way to get the new team into game shape.

The 1st year at Wazzu he had 2 QB throw for nearly 2000 yards. It wasn't a great year but I am guessing he has a little bit more talent at MSU than Wazzu.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Leach is 7-3 against Texas A&M - who had arguably better secondaries.  It’s also his offense with him calling the plays.  If he doesn’t take this A&M team to the rail, I’ll admit I was wrong and buy you your next Appletini.

Well, that wasn't the topic of conversation you brought up, was it Glen? It was specifically how easy you said that offense is versus the importance of repetition in the HUHN Air Raid style offenses. To which you refuted none of the points of any posters, much less Leach himself in his interviews, with any kind of logic or fact.

Listen, I'm all for Leach winning in embarrassing fashion. I'm glad he's 7-3 against a school he hasn't coached against in years, versus a coach and players on campus he's also never coached against. I'm cheering for the guy. I think he's got a chance. I'm just not going to make a retarded blanket statement that it's going to be easy since he didn't get to install his offense in the Spring and missed all of those reps (which is important to his offense). But yeah, here is to the Pirate hanging half a hundred on thus fuckslaps. 

"Tom Herman was 1-0 against OU once upon a time when he was at UH and Stoops was at OU. I can't believe he's even lost a fucking game to Riley and OU at all since he's been at Texas. It makes no sense." - Glen

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, that wasn't the topic of conversation you brought up, was it Glen? It was specifically how easy you said that offense is versus the importance of repetition in the HUHN Air Raid style offenses. To which you refuted none of the points of any posters, much less Leach himself in his interviews, with any kind of logic or fact.

Listen, I'm all for Leach winning in embarrassing fashion. I'm glad he's 7-3 against a school he hasn't coached against in years, versus a coach and players on campus he's also never coached against. I'm cheering for the guy. I think he's got a chance. I'm just not going to make a retarded blanket statement that it's going to be easy since he didn't get to install his offense in the Spring and missed all of those reps (which is important to his offense). But yeah, here is to the Pirate hanging half a hundred on thus fuckslaps. 

"Tom Herman was 1-0 against OU once upon a time when he was at UH and Stoops was at OU. I can't believe he's even lost a fucking game to Riley and OU at all since he's been at Texas. It makes no sense." - Glen

Listen, obtuse shit-heel.  You drivel on in every single thread on this board like you’re some type of “woke messiah” when it comes to Texas football.  I presented an actual fact based opinion based on Leach’s  actual coaching record rather than your consistent and unsubstantiated conjecture that you sprinkle around like fairy dust.  If you can’t wrap your mind around that, then maybe CTJ should put you back on your gimp leash.  Or did you have 2 beers and start shit posting again?

• Haha 1