Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

7 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Excellent point.  Probably a bigger absence than Sanders, quite frankly.

People forget that Oklahoma State was also missing Harvell-Peel who is an All-Big 12 type safety. 

Oklahoma State would have run aggy off the field if they had Sanders, Wallace and Peel. 

Edited by texasstrong12

The spin when aggy hired Tommie Robinson was incredible. LSU pushed him out the door for Faulk. My understanding is Robinson also tried to get the South Carolina job and they turned him down for Des-Kitchings. 

The spin from Liucci was truly incredible. 

"Feel however you want about the hire but if you choose to believe everything coming out of Baton Rouge then that's your prerogative.

I've maintained all along that Ed O isn't the easiest head coach to work for and stand by that. There's a reason Raymond - an LSU lifer - has reached out to A&M twice and it hasn't just been in an effort to get a raise. Same with Aranda jumping into the mix before Fisher closed out Elko at Notre Dame.

So you can believe that LSU was so fired up about promoting Kevin Faulk, an LSU legend but one who has never been on the recruiting trail or been a college position coach, that they 'pushed Robinson out' or you can believe that Tommie was looking around, which was why he at one point appeared South Carolina-bound and ultimately landed at A&M. Muschamp was hoping he could make the hire but the Gamecocks were unable to close. And rumor out of Baton Rouge is that Orgeron actually did try to counter-offer the Ags in the last couple of days but it wasn't enough to keep Robinson on the Bayou.

Folks, this will be a he-said, she-said in which you'll have to choose to believe what you want. What I don't get is the folks who have seen what Jimbo Fisher and A&M are capable of in terms of hire yet still default to always 'believing the other side.' We have some on here who will voluntarily buy the Purple and Gold narrative from fans, message board fanatics and LSU insiders simply 'because.' Many of the same folks who were miserable and skeptical throughout the run towards the nation's No. 6-ranked class in the 2020 recruiting race."

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

LJ article reaction

EdEaujOWkAAhzTm?format=png&name=360x360EdEavarXkAcqYyF?format=jpg&name=360x360

Hide contents

EdEauyFWoAAGj3L?format=jpg&name=360x360EdEavH2X0AECgVe?format=png&name=360x360

These stupid fucking knobs. First, the new head coach of Cy Fair isn’t a fucking Aggie alum. He went to college at Nebraska and UL-La. unless you want to count his post graduate work at fucking Prairie View. Second, tell me the recent history of Cy Fair kids that have headed off to aTm to qualify it as a feeder school, please. Because outside of a couple fucking kickers I can think of LSU, Norte Dame, Michigan/Rice kids. I’m sure there’s a few, but I sure as shit can’t think of any studs off the top of my head that headed to College Station to play football for the Reich. They’ve gotten more kids out of fucking North Shore in the recent past. Fucking dipshits. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The spin when aggy hired Tommie Robinson was incredible. LSU pushed him out the door for Faulk. My understanding is Robinson also tried to get the South Carolina job and they turned him down for Des-Kitchings. 

The spin from Liucci was truly incredible. 

"Feel however you want about the hire but if you choose to believe everything coming out of Baton Rouge then that's your prerogative.

I've maintained all along that Ed O isn't the easiest head coach to work for and stand by that. There's a reason Raymond - an LSU lifer - has reached out to A&M twice and it hasn't just been in an effort to get a raise. Same with Aranda jumping into the mix before Fisher closed out Elko at Notre Dame.

So you can believe that LSU was so fired up about promoting Kevin Faulk, an LSU legend but one who has never been on the recruiting trail or been a college position coach, that they 'pushed Robinson out' or you can believe that Tommie was looking around, which was why he at one point appeared South Carolina-bound and ultimately landed at A&M. Muschamp was hoping he could make the hire but the Gamecocks were unable to close. And rumor out of Baton Rouge is that Orgeron actually did try to counter-offer the Ags in the last couple of days but it wasn't enough to keep Robinson on the Bayou.

Folks, this will be a he-said, she-said in which you'll have to choose to believe what you want. What I don't get is the folks who have seen what Jimbo Fisher and A&M are capable of in terms of hire yet still default to always 'believing the other side.' We have some on here who will voluntarily buy the Purple and Gold narrative from fans, message board fanatics and LSU insiders simply 'because.' Many of the same folks who were miserable and skeptical throughout the run towards the nation's No. 6-ranked class in the 2020 recruiting race."

wait

but he did reach out twice

and he did get a raise both times

if he wanted to leave LSU for A&M he would by now based on A&M's pool

...but he hasn't

Also 10/10 people would pick Kevin Faulk over Tommie Robinson - including A&M

HammLite with a Burris update - aggy co-leaders (?) now that OU looks like it doesn't have a scholarship for Burris. (Gilliam is now set to announce on the 22nd of Aug)

I have confirmed reports elsewhere that Burris is no longer considered an Oklahoma lock. He wants to make a decision by the end of the summer and A&M and OU would now be considered co-leaders. He was on the verge of a commitment to the Sooners a couple months back.

Burris is up to DT size and would probably end playing inside. However, he also suffered a recent season-ending injury (I believe it was the ACL but am not positive).

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Burris-46050583/

46 minutes ago, golfclap said:

HammLite with a Burris update - aggy co-leaders (?) now that OU looks like it doesn't have a scholarship for Burris. (Gilliam is now set to announce on the 22nd of Aug)

What could go wrong with a kid that is already ballooning to inside incapable of doing any cardio for 6 months.

Just now, texifornia said:

Ok so @ALC, @DrPepper, and @jordanaggie, is Victory Vaka:

a) a tub of lard that no Pac12 school wanted

Or

b) a West Coast recruiting coup?

Discuss

Further, after WATCHing. THE. TAPE. on Seegars, is he:

a) The ACC's plan C that Jimbo inexplicably took in April

Or

b) Hidden gem stolen from under the nose of your archnemesis? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Or

I don't think Mississippi State was interested.

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

That’s former fatass. After Yancey got all over him he dropped a ton of weight, as we all know. Now he’s gone too far ...

EXRLABTWkAAqukb?format=jpg&name=large

That pic isn’t current, if I’m not mistaken. A fat lazy bitch like Shepherd will end up fat once again. Unless he continually uses drugs. 
if he still looks like that, he won’t make much of an OT. 

Edited by Tex Pete

54 minutes ago, golfclap said:

That’s former fatass. After Yancey got all over him he dropped a ton of weight, as we all know. Now he’s gone too far ...

EXRLABTWkAAqukb?format=jpg&name=large

That doesn't look like a guy all that interested in playing football anymore, unless he's moving to TE. I will say his weight loss is pretty amazing and a testimony to his ability to work when he wants to.

Sure enough...

Edited by HtownHorn

29 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That pic isn’t current, if I’m not mistaken. A fat lazy bitch like Shepherd will end up fat once again. Unless he continually uses drugs. 
if he still looks like that, he won’t make much of an OT. 

I want to say that pic is pretty recent. It was taken while at JUCO, taken in May.

Edited by HtownHorn

57 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I had this same discussion. He's cut way too much weight. It's obviously a lot easier to add weight but he's taken it to the extreme. 

I wonder what he looks like now. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ok so @ALC, @DrPepper, and @jordanaggie, is Victory Vaka:

a) a tub of lard that no Pac12 school wanted

Or

b) a West Coast recruiting coup?

Discuss

It's hard to say. He's definitely got some bad weight-- i heard he was at 350. I didn't dislike taking his commitment at 6'4" 320, but if he's at 6'2 350, that's a problem. With that unknown, I like some of the other guys we are in on better (Malone, Watson, even at 350 himself, Robbins). 

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Or

I haven't watched his tape. I almost always do, but I didn't think he'd last on the commit list so I haven't bothered. If we are only taking one LB, which is the current speculation, it would shocking if he was the guy. I'll watch the tape and get back to you, though.

There is some thought that he has the measurables to fit nicely in Elko's scheme, but it's still a head-scratcher. I generally like performance over measurables and track times, though. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That doesn't look like a guy all that interested in playing football anymore, unless he's moving to TE. I will say his weight loss is pretty amazing and a testimony to his ability to work when he wants to.

Sure enough...

I hope he's a take for aggy. He's never going to be a contributor. Waste of a scholarship. 

Just look at some of the aggy comments. They're starting to realize that he's way too small now. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

It's hard to say. He's definitely got some bad weight-- i heard he was at 350. I didn't dislike taking his commitment at 6'4" 320, but if he's at 6'2 350, that's a problem. With that unknown, I like some of the other guys we are in on better (Malone, Watson, even at 350 himself, Robbins). 

Oh shit, folks. We got a 2%er on our hands.

i have to say though, reasonable takes like this really undercut my mental image of all aggys being daddy98 clones. 

btw, @DrPepper @ALC @jordanaggie, have any y’all actually met daddy98 and were the cheetoh stains on his fingers as severe as I picture them?

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I hope he's a take for aggy. He's never going to be a contributor. Waste of a scholarship. 

Just look at some of the aggy comments. They're starting to realize that he's way too small now. 

Yeah, i mean if that is how he still looks, he's not an OT, which is what we need. I was pretty pissed when yall picked him up--I thought he had first round potential. I think if he got into (and actually followed) a good S&C program, he could get back to that level. Maybe wishful thinking, though.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Oh shit, folks. We got a 2%er on our hands.

i have to say though, reasonable takes like this really undercut my mental image of all aggys being daddy98 clones. 

btw, @DrPepper @ALC @jordanaggie, have any y’all actually met daddy98 and were the cheetoh stains on his fingers as severe as I picture them?

Lol, I have not had that opportunity. So I can't vouch for the cheetos or the bean bag chair. Probably for the best. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

What is wrong with Burris, Ike, and Regis? Though it appears Burris is heading towards eating himself into a 2-3 year development track. What is the speculation why Jimbo seems infatuated with OOS recruiting?

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

What is wrong with Burris, Ike, and Regis? Though it appears Burris is heading towards eating himself into a 2-3 year development track. What is the speculation why Jimbo seems infatuated with OOS recruiting?

While I get the point, you absolutely go after Malone if he's interested, he's really fucking good.

• Like 1