How do I tell a friend...

Asithappens

When I was a teen, I used to keep my Sports Illustrated mags and those were weekly. I had several computer paper boxes full of them. When I moved out, my dad said that shit needs to go as well. I pared it down to one box of the special ones (35th anniversary, 49ers SB wins, etc.) and he let me keep it at the house. Never saw that box again, LOL. I'm sure he gave them away during a garage sale, like he did to my baseball cards.

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

When I was a teen, I used to keep my Sports Illustrated mags and those were weekly. I had several computer paper boxes full of them. When I moved out, my dad said that shit needs to go as well. I pared it down to one box of the special ones (35th anniversary, 49ers SB wins, etc.) and he let me keep it at the house. Never saw that box again, LOL. I'm sure he gave them away during a garage sale, like he did to my baseball cards.

My grandmother threw away my Dad's baseball card collection, when he was stationed at Da Nang.  He had 2 Mickey Mantle rookie cards as well as a Willie Mays.  She also sold his '67 Chevelle.  

On 3/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, BearSchlong said:

wait, are we doing movie dialogue?  I give up, which film?

Friend of mine's wife collected decades upon decades of not only Nat Geos, but Southern Living, coastal living, and a few others.  And had really nice built ins integrated into the living room, hallway, family room, office, even the entrance foyer of their house in which to store them.

Then hurricane Harvey put 9 feet of water into their house for 3 days.  My buddy was at MD Anderson, so my job was to gut his house.  10 foot pile of soggy magazines on the front lawn.

Irony!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 3:26 AM, slorch said:

What about my Dave Campbell's Texas Football since '96?

I'm sure  lotsa folks have more early ones.

I still get many comments by family and friends who love sports and start coveting my shit before they leave the house.  LOL.

My collection dates back to 1975.