2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

When you think of athletes there are different attitudes and “types”. Bergman, Altuve are one “type”, Correa is a different “type”.

A couple years ago TCU football had a guy play basically the entire season with a broken collarbone. And yet there’s other guys who have a different injury every week and can never seem to practice or play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geez - I know we're good, but going 7 man line up versus their 9 man line up. ballsy.

fucking correa - you've had all spring leading up to this day to get ready. this isn't something fluky or something that likely "just came up" this week.

dump daniella, many men have gotten lost in the bermuda triangle. don't be another one. 

no one is ever 100% once october rolls around. correa is never 100%, evidently, once opening day starts. 

if this was bregman with the discomfort, would he be playing opening day? I'ma say "yeah, and no one would know about it" either

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

geez - I know we're good, but going 7 man line up versus their 9 man line up. ballsy.

fucking correa - you've had all spring leading up to this day to get ready. this isn't something fluky or something that likely "just came up" this week.

dump daniella, many men have gotten lost in the bermuda triangle. don't be another one. 

Actually, it literally just happened a few days ago. He injured himself in a rundown. He was fine before then.

Reddick is sitting because Snell is starting, this shouldn’t be surprising.

And this lineup is still easily better than the one the Rays are running out there.

Edited by formermav43

no one is ever 100% once october rolls around. correa is never 100%, evidently, once opening day starts. 
if this was bregman with the discomfort, would he be playing opening day? I'ma say "yeah, and no one would know about it" either

No doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Actually, it literally just happened a few days ago. He injured himself in a rundown. He was fine before then.

Reddick is sitting because Snell is starting, this shouldn’t be surprising.

And this lineup is still easily better than the one the Rays are running out there.

Is the Rays lineup the bar though? Hinch has a pathological need to play his boy Marisnick. Maybe this year he'll strikeout less than 2 out of every 5 at bats for most of the season. But he's gritty! And his hair!

Carlos Correa thinks he's going to ink a $300+million contract in a few years. Dude's made of glass and treating himself with kid gloves. I said it early last year on the 2018 astros thread and was shouted down, but the guy isn't a top 5 shortstop in baseball and he's tumbling out of the top 10 with another half season of shit play. There isn't another fucking superstar in baseball, past or present, who would sit out opening day because their gaping vagina was a little sore. 

Here's to winning it all in spite of that pussy and everyone certain to swarm to his defense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Angry CTJ makes his appearance. Who exactly are you arguing with?

I'm not angry. I also think Hinch's handling of Marisnick isn't done on merit and that he's an offensive anchor to this team; and that Carlos Correa is a selfish pussy with a low threshold for pain. So I enjoy ranting about both things when it suits me, and watching you react to it, I guess.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I was ready to chalk out Correa being out of the lineup to AJ's cautiousness, but it sounds like Carlos wants to sit:

Hard to imagine Bregs saying something like this.  

on one of the fantasy podcasts a couple weeks ago, stefania bell (espn's injury analyst) was on talking about the astros 2018 playoff run, and basically said she was told that the injury altuve was playing thru was something maybe 1-2 other major leaguers would even consider trying.

if correa doesn't get his attitude in line with the culture and mentality of the rest of the guys, then what's the fucking point?  i think there's a reason we've extended pretty much everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

No shit.  Bregman or Altuve would go 2-4 with a web gem then go ice their stupid necks.  Correa will miss a week.