2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not angry. I also think Hinch's handling of Marisnick isn't done on merit and that he's an offensive anchor to this team; and that Carlos Correa is a selfish pussy with a low threshold for pain. So I enjoy ranting about both things when it suits me, and watching you react to it, I guess.

the marisnick thing is so weird, yet predictable.  he's a solid fourth of because he can run and play good defense at the end of a game.  vs righties, we have a great lineup, then vs lefties, we try to get a little slick with it, and fall apart.  honestly, i would rather have kemp in there.  he battles in every ab.

i would assume he went jake because this figures to be a 3-2 type of game and we need him roaming center.

just like last year, when one of our core hitters is out, it fucks the lineup (yuli hitting 5th, white 6th, etc).

Jake is playing LF, Bratley in Center and Springer in right.  2017 Jake was having a career year offensively before his injury.  If he can just be an "average" offensive player then he's a bit better than Reddick against LHP.  If he could give you a line of say .245/60/15 with his ability to steal bags and makes every play in any outfield position you'd take that all day from a 9 hole player.  

I'm not angry. I also think Hinch's handling of Marisnick isn't done on merit and that he's an offensive anchor to this team; and that Carlos Correa is a selfish pussy with a low threshold for pain. So I enjoy ranting about both things when it suits me, and watching you react to it, I guess.

Gotcha. It just that it seems like the only time you show up is with a rant. That being said, I think everyone here agrees with you about Mr. Glass. And HG hit the nail on the head with his comments on Marisnick. It doesn’t make a shit. We’re going 173 and 0.

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

sparkle princess needs to let him sleep 12 hours like verlander and bregman.  verlander's married to a gotdamn supermodel and she knows she needs to leave him the fuck alone. 

Marisnick had an absolutely abysmal start to last season, as everyone knows. But after his recall from his first demotion on May 24, he struck out just under 30% of the time, walked nearly 10%, and his wRC+ was 127. Those numbers are in line with what he did in 2017, actually slightly better.

I know he has more boom or bust than some are comfortable with, but if you can get the bad taste of last April out if your mouth, he’s been more than solid for 2 years. And that’s without taking his outstanding defense into account. 

He has a useful role on this team. I have zero issues giving him a start over seeing Reddick against Snell.

Edited by formermav43
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Marisnick had an absolutely abysmal start to last season, as everyone knows. But after his recall from his first demotion on May 24, he struck out just under 30% of the time, walked nearly 10%, and his wRC+ was 127. Those numbers are in line with what he did in 2017, actually slightly better.

I know he has more boom or bust than some are comfortable with, but if you can get the bad taste of last April out if your mouth, he’s been more than solid for 2 years. And that’s without taking his outstanding defense into account. 

He has a useful role on this team. I have zero issues giving him a start over seeing Reddick against Snell.

totally agree.  

T1 wasn't exactly what i'd hoped for, but snell is a beast.  can't imagine getting a bat on the ball against him.