2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

went to the CC Hooks game tonight. Ronnie Dawson was awesome. We had to leave in the 8th, but when we left he was 2/3, HR, 2 RBI (all of the Hooks' runs), and he had made three great catches in CF. he has some serious range. based on his stats and what i saw he's got some pop but he needs to get his average up a bit. still, he looked really good. 

oh yeah and your 1B is named Beer. HG tells me he's pretty good. hope he makes The Show one day for the jersey sales alone. 

Back to back opener days seems very dark-era Stros. Makes me appreciate that stretch in ‘17 when Mike Fiers came out of nowhere and bailed us out for a couple of months. Maybe we’ll emerge with a similar deadline move to get us out of the funk. 

5 minutes ago, drewlaws said:

If I never see Rondon or Framber pitch again, it’ll be too soon.

But thanks for shitting the bed in the 9pm west coast starts so I’m not at all tempted to stay up and watch.

You can imagine how much more tempting it is here in the ATL. 

Seriously, how did we suddenly unlearn how to hit, pitch or field? Even clowns would be ashamed of this. 

32 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Hmmm....supposing an either/or scenario, would you rather keep Tucker, or wait on Beer for a year. Both can play outfield, but Beer can also play 1st (although they haven’t been using him there). We can afford to wait a year at those positions (especially when we are healthy again) but Tucker is further along and may be more of an immediate enticement to get pitching we desperately need now.

Beer has played 1/3 games this year at 1st base

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

Beer has played 1/3 games this year at 1st base

Yeah, I knew he’d been played there, it’s where he played in college. So based on the post I made above, would you consider him or Tucker for a trade if you could get what you want for either?