2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

38 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I get the sense AJ would fit in perfectly here the day he retires... but in his current role, he must be, and is, a master of coachspeak
I can pretty much say with 1000% certainty those words were not uttered in the clubhouse

One would hope so.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

AJ would not fit in here:

as nerve-wracking as it was, it mostly involved a guy - biagini - who has no real role in oct on this team.  sure, osuna has looked shaky as well, but it's fucking august.  get any win you can, and high-fives all around when the yankees lose.

we've had ugly wins and ugly losses lately.  we're one game back.  let's fucking go.

• Like 1

and i'm overdue for one of these...

we're 82-47 (.636) with 33 games to play.

to get to 100 wins, we need to go 18-15 (.545).

to tie the astros record of 103, we need to go 21-12 (.636).

to set the franchise record of 104, we need to go 22-11 (.667).

therefore, we're right on pace to tie/set the franchise record.

in 2018 at this point, we were 79-50 and would go on to lose 3/6.  we didn't get 83rd win until sept 1.

in 2017 at this point, we were 78-51 and would go on to lose 2/4.  we didn't get 83rd win until sept 3rd (part of a 7 game winning streak).

we are 46-16 at home, with 19 to play - laa, tb, sea (4), oak (4), tx (2), laa

we are 36-31 on the road, with 14 to play - tor, mil (2), kc, sea (2), laa (4)

so who's coming to la end of sept to see us break the franchise record?

• Like 2

I generally like Hinch.

But son of a bitch, why can't he play all his good hitters at the same time? It's fucking maddening. It's goddamn baseball! They can play every day. Bagwell played 160+ games 6 times. Biggio flipped the fuck out on his manager when he was out of the starting lineup (Berkman has a great story about this). Goddamn these guys have to be shaking their heads at this constant rest bullshit. 

And...I assume the constant sitting of one of your best players and/or rotating DH is to keep them healthy, right? WELL IT ISN'T FUCKING WORKING. Everyone has been on the DL this year. It hasn't reduced games lost to injury. 

Just play your motherfucking good players. It's as fucking easy as that. Shit drives me fucking bananas. 

(Rant over.)

• Like 3