2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Astros have yet to lose a game when I have been in attendance wearing the trucker hat

I am not saying that is the reason, but that is the reason 

Official GoFundMe to get Scraps to Yankee Stadium for games 3-5? 

I had a 22-6 record this year with my 28-game season package. (And 3 of those losses I wasnt there..had given my tickets to a friends.)

1-0 in ALDS and 1-0 in ALCS, both happened to be JV games.

If we win game 3. My friend and I may go to game 4. My friend (his sister inlaw) from
Htown lives there and going to the game w her Yank husband.

Let’s go!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

After James had to strike out Sanchez twice, I started recording the game said fuck it and went to bed.

I fell asleep due to a case of the olds and a broken foot which inhibits sleeping well. I am more than happy to sleep through most of the ALCS if it will help the bullpen and bats. Will keep the nightly Jobu rum offerings going.

To judge by playoff media coverage, we'd never score a run without stealing signs or having the opposing pitcher tip his pitches.

Well, we’ve scored 22 runs total in 7 games....and presumed 6 of those (27%) were in innings we knew what was coming.

So we’ve scored a whopping 16 runs in the other 63 innings we’ve played this postseason. That’s averages out to 2.3 runs per game.

I’m giving the playoff media coverage a pass on this one until proven otherwise

the raw crowd noise clips are the ones i like the best, holy shit what an eruption 

It was insane. The stadium had been waiting for that after leaving 10 on base.

I heard a radio host saying that Fox was late getting back from the commercial before Correa’s bomb. He thought it was a past highlight at first.

I heard a radio host saying that Fox was late getting back from the commercial before Correa’s bomb. He thought it was a past highlight at first.

The fox coverage has left a lot to be desired.

Ha
I almost thought the same
They got back from break almost mid delivery.
I had a conflict during most of the game (don’t ask) and was in catch-up mode. Fast forwarded through the mid-11 commercial break and pressed play just before the end of the break...wasn’t quite sure what I was watching was real life...

I’m still not.

14 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

they were back to the game, just barely. Buck was talking about Sanchez arguing his strikeout as the pitch was thrown.

the coverage overall has not been good. ARod is a fucking idiot, and joe buck is annoying AF. Saw some tweets from yankee fans bitching about biased coverage so i guess this crew has the ability to make every fan think you are favoring the opposite team   

Edited by Dennis Taylor

I got the MLB At Bat notification of Carlos' homerun while the broadcast was still in commercial. The broadcast on Direct TV came on right when Carlos swung the bat. It was the oddest of moments. 

Rain will definitely happen on Wednesday in NYC so I'm assuming the entire series gets shifted back a day. If that happens do we adjust our SP rotation?

Rain will definitely happen on Wednesday in NYC so I'm assuming the entire series gets shifted back a day. If that happens do we adjust our SP rotation?

Was looking at this too

If no game Wed, you could get away with not throwing Urquidy until game 6 and still keep everyone on full rest.

You absolutely do this.

Game 1 Greinke

Game 2 JV

Game 3 Cole

Game 4 Greinke

Game 5 JV

Game 6 Urquidy/et al

Game 7 Cole

Good luck, NYY

(While I’m very much intrigued /excited by an Urquidy start and think he’s going to give you all you could ask, I think I’d rather have it at home in game 6 vs in primetime in Yankee Stadium in game 4...especially if the unthinkable happens and Stros don’t take game 3)

Subscribed.  What is involved in syncing the broadcast to the game on TV?

Depends on your video/audio source. A couple of options:

Easiest is if you have an MLB.TV subscription. (If you don’t already have, they have a postseason package--that also includes 2020 Spring training, FWIW--for $25). Start the game. Click the asterisk/star button if you have Roku (I forget the AppleTV button, but it’s similar) to access the audio overlay option, change to radio feed. However, now that I think about it, I believe the only radio feed they are offering in the postseason is the home team.

So my plan the next three games will be the following:

Open the MLB At Bat app on my phone ($2.99/ month). (there may be other streaming audio options, not sure). Turn on the Ford/Sparks audio option. Broadcast over Bluetooth to living room speakers. Turn on game. Wait for pop of the mitt after a pitch on the audio broadcast. Pause audio broadcast. Wait to see same pop of the mitt on the TV and unpause audio at that moment (or vice versa).

Old school: for FOX broadcasts, use TV antenna and turn on radio to local Astros affiliate. Over the air, the TV and radio broadcasts are usually mostly in sync.
  • Like 1