2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

30 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Part of me thinks the Astros can still win 4 of the next 5.

Part of me thinks I'm watching a reenactment of the 1990 WS.  

This was the first thing that came to my mind.  You could argue 88, but that was one one hot pitcher and and unbelievable pinch hit tnat won that series.  The Reds has absolutely no business winning the 90 series, but they did.  And not only did they win, they swept the series.

Edited by Hate
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Part of me thinks the Astros can still win 4 of the next 5.

Part of me thinks I'm watching a reenactment of the 1990 WS.  

We just beat the Yankees 4 out of 5, so it's definitely possible.  A longshot, but possible.

If we can split the next two, I'd expect Gerrit to rebound and dominate Game 5.  If we come home, even at 2-3, we'll have a shot.

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

We just beat the Yankees 4 out of 5, so it's definitely possible.  A longshot, but possible.

If we can split the next two, I'd expect Gerrit to rebound and dominate Game 5.  If we come home, even at 2-3, we'll have a shot.

This team won series all season long. Going 2-1 in Washington is hardly a long shot.

Then back to H-Town...

The only thing that gives me any real hope is knowing guys like Springer, Reddick and Correa can turn on with one random AB and do something historic. That’s evidently just how they roll.

Do I expect it? Not really. But there’s a chance it still could happen. Of course, that might not even matter unless we start playing better overall against a team that’s not just underrated but also leading a charmed life. 

53 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Been a Stros fan for over 50 years, and nothing is going to change that regardless of where we are a week from now. I'll be watching and pulling for them Friday. 

not quite the same age as you, but 40+ years for me...

When score went to 8-2, wife wanted to change channel to the weather, as a winter storm is headed our way in the Panhandle today.  That suggestion lead to a long line of profanity ending with, "Fuck no, we're not changing it."  Upon further review, maybe I should have relented... but yeah, count me in through the last game.

Go Astros!!!

Last night was nothing like Oilers/Bills.   To achieve that you would need to be up 3-0 on the series, and winning by 10 in the 9th of game 4.  Then proceed to lose the game/series.

personally I don’t don’t care if we lose by 1 or 15. In fact I would feel worse today if we lost by 1.  Then every mistake is amplified. Laugh it off and move on. Just like the Astros made jokes about Pujols home run passing the plane on the way to StL in ‘05.

I was there last night, and it will at least be memorable. I went to all 3 home games in ‘17 and to be honest I cant recall too many details of game 4.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

not quite the same age as you, but 40+ years for me...

When score went to 8-2, wife wanted to change channel to the weather, as a winter storm is headed our way in the Panhandle today.  That suggestion lead to a long line of profanity ending with, "Fuck no, we're not changing it."  Upon further review, maybe I should have relented... but yeah, count me in through the last game.

Go Astros!!!

I would suggest a new wife and a 2nd TV

• Haha 1

We can’t hit so it doesn’t really matter. This is where sample size and statistics don’t work... you need hits in seven games, not 162 games. Yeah swinging for a homerun works out in the long run, but Tuesday and Wednesday we just needed hits.

We have zero fucking clutch in us this year. Going to go down as an all time choke. The last team that was favored more than us (Red Sox in 2007 I believe) took care of business and swept

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

You're right we shouldn't have totally changed our approach between the 2017 and 2019 playoffs.  Hopefully Luhnow, Hinch, and company see the error in their ways.

Since the Astros and Nats share spring practice facilities, it's just a matter of time before we learn the Nats broke into the Astros office late one night last spring and stole the Astros playbook....

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

Since the Astros and Nats share spring practice facilities, it's just a matter of time before we learn the Nats broke into the Astros office late one night last spring and stole the Astros playbook....

Artists rendering:

---------------------------------------------------------------

| ASTROS PLAY BOOK (CONFIDENTIAL) |

| 1) Swing from your heels                         |

|                                                                      |

---------------------------------------------------------------

• Haha 1