2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yeah, I don't think Yordan will get the start tonight.  Maybe he can do something as a PH.

I wouldn't mind Yordan getting a start somewhere in this series and batting near the top of the order, idea being to get him 3 AB's then double-switch for a defensive replacement for the late innings if we're ahead.

No clue

Not reading it.

Not today.

Not until after the WS, If then

Sick and fucking tired of this story and being beat over the head with it every time I turn around.

I just. want. to. talk. baseball.

Literally THE most wonderful week of the year if you are an Astros fan and this is all that is discussed everytime I turn around...at least in Texas. I usually hate national media but I’ve listened to a fair amount of MLB radio this week as it’s the one place that seems to be talking actual real baseball with little to no mention of off field stuff

I’m done.

I wish I could take a 6 hr nap and wake up at 7:08

• Like 8

Drellich is such a bitch ass punk who is probably pissed that he covered the team for the Chronicle when were losing 100+ games a year. This is situation is perfect opportunity for “journalists” to opine and virtue signal. Fuck them. This is how one of former employees described the Astros 

The Athletic spoke to this week about the Astros Way. “Cutthroat. Secretive. Not fun. But, winning, being first, innovative.”  THE HORROR! I have been begging for the Texans to operate this way. That is exactly how I’d run the team because winning is all that matters to me and the vast majority of fans. They interviewed some jealous GM too. I have no problem being hated as much as the Patriots as long as we have the hardware.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

No clue

Not reading it.

Not today.

Not until after the WS, If then

Sick and fucking tired of this story and being beat over the head with it every time I turn around.

I just. want. to. talk. baseball.

Literally THE most wonderful week of the year if you are an Astros fan and this is all that is discussed everytime I turn around...at least in Texas. I usually hate national media but I’ve listened to a fair amount of MLB radio this week as it’s the one place that seems to be talking actual real baseball with little to no mention of off field stuff

I’m done.

I wish I could take a 6 hr nap and wake up at 7:08

You need to hang around better people. This board is the only place I see people discussing it. No one I talk to in person has mentioned it since the day it broke. 

You’re damn right they are. Tonight the Astros are going to dominate. The only question in my mind is whether or not the Nationals can extend this series to seven games.

Hell yeah...

I got a sign yesterday.

I got in a fender bender the other day and the responsible party has State Farm for their insurance.

I called yesterday to deal with where I’d take it to get repaired and discuss rental car.

I get off hold and hear:

“Hi this is Jake with State Farm, how can I help you?”

(Hit me 2 home runs this weekend )

And as I’m posting this, a buddy just texted me:

“The waiter, with Spanish accent, just walked up to grab my plate and said, ‘Yor-dan, right?’ Oh yeah, we got this “

Evan sounds like a scorned woman who got dumped at the altar. If you knew the culture was like that you should have been writing about it then. If you are a true SJW. You would have stood up years ago.

Done with the media crap. Now lets go hit some dingers and Grienke toss up 7 scoreless

• Like 1