2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

You brittle bitches doing ok?

Anyone still mad at Soto’s antics?

Or is that just karma for not being a stoic whitey?

Anyone that needs something to listen to go get the One Day at a Time theme off of YouTube.

This is it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Fuck You 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i'm more concerned with our inability to hit lefties.

Sure, but he's a high walk guy, too.  Even if we don't tee off, we should be able to run up pitch counts and chase him by the 5th or 6th and get into that juicy bullpen.

And we're averaging 10 hits a game in this series.

We should be able to score some runs tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Just want to go back for a second and give quick tip of the cap to James. Nasty full count changeup to sit down Zimmerman (for the 2nd time in the AB):

This pitch and Greinke’s nasty K of Asdrubal with the bases loaded were the biggest of the game. 

Also, we got an incredibly lucky bounce off the base of the wall just before James’s K. Nice play by Reddick but it bounced perfectly to him. 

26 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Just want to go back for a second and give quick tip of the cap to James. Nasty full count changeup to sit down Zimmerman (for the 2nd time in the AB):

This pitch and Greinke’s nasty K of Asdrubal with the bases loaded were the biggest of the game. 

Also, we got an incredibly lucky bounce off the base of the wall just before James’s K. Nice play by Reddick but it bounced perfectly to him. 

5 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Astros win and Fox gives us a 5 minute post-game show.  FS1 showing wrestling sissies.

ESPN page leads with meaningless NBA coverage.

They has such a disappoint the boring Astros won.

Fuck the East Coast fucksticks.  If they want it to be "Us against them," there are some competitive mofos on the Houston roster who will answer that bell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, huge said:

Anyone still mad at Soto’s antics?

Or is that just karma for not being a stoic whitey?

His race has nothing to do with it, so get past it.

If you're gonna do clown shit, then you can't be pissed when people laugh at you.

Watching him go 0-4 with 3K's was plenty gratifying.

I'm sure Natty fans feel the same way about Bregman right now.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, texashorne said:

I agree with Icono in principal; woke culture and journalism is infuriating in this day and age. But as an assistant GM,  toe the fucking line when reporters are around and do do anything stupid that may distract from the main goal of your team.  

Agreed. He was a dumbass for saying anything. I don’t think people should be professionally blackballed for life over SJW type comments. 

What I haven’t seen discussed anywhere is if/that these New York based reporters baited the situation by coming into the Astros post-win (alcohol!) locker room sporting the domestic violence pin. It seems like they were trying to provoke some reaction, they got what they wanted, they themselves are part of the story with their name in the news, and they hurt the Astros. If they hadn’t shown up there or hadn’t worn the pins, none of this would have happened. This is like wearing a MAGA hat to a drunken planned parenthood fundraiser and feigning shock when you inevitably get attacked verbally or physically. 

• Like 1

^ not disagreeing with firing the guy though. He was damn lucky to fall into his job given his age and experience and he pissed away his golden ticket. 

I just don’t like the acceptance that SJW types can do something to provoke a “gotcha!” reaction to get their perceived political enemies fired for speaking non-progressive opinions. Nobody has called these reporters out. Ok no more CL-ish. 

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

ESPN page leads with meaningless NBA coverage.

They has such a disappoint the boring Astros won.

Fuck the East Coast fucksticks.  If they want it to be "Us against them," there are some competitive mofos on the Houston roster who will answer that bell.

Lulz. Note the byline

Nationals Are in Better Shape in World Series Because They Let Up in Game 3

Dave Martinez made the right move for his team not to go all out to win a single game of the playoffs. Even if that decision could've cost the Nationals Game 3.
STEPHANIE APSTEIN
3 HOURS AGO

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

^ not disagreeing with firing the guy though. He was damn lucky to fall into his job given his age and experience and he pissed away his golden ticket. 

I just don’t like the acceptance that SJW types can do something to provoke a “gotcha!” reaction to get their perceived political enemies fired for speaking non-progressive opinions. Nobody has called these reporters out. Ok no more CL-ish. 

If they had been interviewing Osuna and it was getting personal and he intervened heatedly, he would still have a job.  He apparently just randomly hollered at them from across the room though.  Someone who is dumb enough to do that to a reporter in front of other reporters doesn't need to be working in the fo.

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. Note the byline

Dave Martinez made the right move for his team not to go all out to win a single game of the playoffs. Even if that decision could've cost the Nationals Game 3.
STEPHANIE APSTEIN
3 HOURS AGO

I'm sure this makes me a sexist pig, but it looks like young Stephanie should stick to op/ed hit pieces.  I read that article and apparently she thinks that trotting out better relievers could have helped the Nationals win.  I guess she wanted them to bat and drive in four runs or something?

She writes well, but god damn that's a bad take.

Agreed. He was a dumbass for saying anything. I don’t think people should be professionally blackballed for life over SJW type comments. 
What I haven’t seen discussed anywhere is if/that these New York based reporters baited the situation by coming into the Astros post-win (alcohol!) locker room sporting the domestic violence pin. It seems like they were trying to provoke some reaction, they got what they wanted, they themselves are part of the story with their name in the news, and they hurt the Astros. If they hadn’t shown up there or hadn’t worn the pins, none of this would have happened. This is like wearing a MAGA hat to a drunken planned parenthood fundraiser and feigning shock when you inevitably get attacked verbally or physically. 

It wasn’t a pin, it has been reported to be a wristband but whatever. Regardless it is a terrible comparison. Everyone should be against domestic violence in principal. It’s not some controversial divisive issue.

If someone is provoked to react negatively by seeing an anti domestic violence anything, I think that is a problem, whether the asshole wearing the wristband is from New York, Vidor or the moon.

• Like 2

Lulz. Note the byline

STEPHANIE APSTEIN
3 HOURS AGO

That article is aggy as fuq. Dumb boi shit.