2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

It was 4-0 after the 5th when Urquidy retired for the evening.

The bases were loaded at one point in the bottom of the 6th, with a run scoring, leaving 2 on until  Correa made the fantastic catch on a deep bloop hit to prevent more damage and ending the inning.

Did you watch the game?  It was absolutely a precarious position with regard to the outcome being in doubt.

The go ahead run never came to the plate and we hit a grand slam the next inning.  We didn't almost lose.

It took 10 years, but as a fan of both UT football and Astros baseball, I feel this is finally retribution for Marcell Dareus vs Colt McCoy
Yeah, the idea that people want to play another team at full strength is foreign to me. Hope all of ou gets dick aids the night before every October.
  • Like 1

We have a maid, Maria, who has been cleaning our house once a week for twenty years.  Maria is a woman of immense faith who trusts in the Almighty (she sings hymns while she cleans) and has me convinced she has a major league connection to a higher power.  She cleaned our house on the day of game seven with the Dodgers in the 2017 World Series.  Before she left our home that day, I asked her to say a prayer for the Astros.  I had never asked her to pray for anything that worldly.  This...woman...can...pray.  Maria delivers the kind of prayer that sends shivers up and down your backbone and fills you with the presence of the divine.  Well, Maria prays and we win game seven and the World Series.  So, my son and I go to games one and two in Houston and leave game two feeling a bit shaken about the 'stros chances to come back vs. the Nationals.  I mention the 2017 episode with Maria and he urges me to ask her to speak to the man upstairs.  So, last Thursday, I call Maria, tell her what's at stake, and she delivers a 5 minute prayer over the phone that was powerful...POW-ER-FUL.  Sure enough, the Astros win games three and four and, now, Scherzer's out for tonight's game and, probably, the rest of the series.  Coincidence or Providence?  Ask Maria.  She'll tell you.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

We have a maid, Maria, who has been cleaning our house once a week for twenty years.  Maria is a woman of immense faith who trusts in the Almighty (she sings hymns while she cleans) and has me convinced she has a major league connection to a higher power.  She cleaned our house on the day of game seven with the Dodgers in the 2017 World Series.  Before she left our home that day, I asked her to say a prayer for the Astros.  I had never asked her to pray for anything that worldly.  This...woman...can...pray.  Maria delivers the kind of prayer that sends shivers up and down your backbone and fills you with the presence of the divine.  Well, Maria prays and we win game seven and the World Series.  So, my son and I go to games one and two in Houston and leave game two feeling a bit shaken about the 'stros chances to come back vs. the Nationals.  I mention the 2017 episode with Maria and he urges me to ask her to speak to the man upstairs.  So, last Thursday, I call Maria, tell her what's at stake, and she delivers a 5 minute prayer over the phone that was powerful...POW-ER-FUL.  Sure enough, the Astros win games three and four and, now, Scherzer's out for tonight's game and, probably, the rest of the series.  Coincidence or Providence?  Ask Maria.  She'll tell you.

my Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Tell Maria I love her.

• Like 1