2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

The Nats look defeated. It's time to put them to sleep and end their suffering. 

If that was Cole's last game as an Astro he went out in style. We wouldn't have escaped the ALDS without him much less CS and WS. A true legend regardless of what transpires next. 🤞

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Like 2

Some World Series record stuff...Springer now has 7 career homeruns, tied for 10th all time.  Mantle, Ruth, and Berra are the top 3 at 18, 15, and 12. 

The most hits in a single WS is 13.  Altuve is currently at 9.  He was in pretty good shape until only getting 1 tonight.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The Nats look defeated. It's time to put them to sleep and end their suffering. 

If that was Cole's last game as an Astro he went out in style. We wouldn't have escaped the ALDS without him much less CS and WS. A true legend regardless of what transpires next. 🤞

We need to come out on Tuesday and deliver the knock out punch early.  

12 minutes ago, maninblack said:

What'd that tool bag say?

if it's the part i saw, papi was crediting the astros pitching for why the nats bats had gone silent.  a-rod interrupted and basically said to stop crediting the pitching, that at some point, you have to step up and hit the ball if you're the nats.  and yes, he was a dick the way he said it.

then papi was like, "what would you have done with the guy pitching tonight?"  to which a-rod said, "oh, this guy?  nothing, i wouldn't have been able to hit him."

so yeah.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

if it's the part i saw, papi was crediting the astros pitching for why the nats bats had gone silent.  a-rod interrupted and basically said to stop crediting the pitching, that at some point, you have to step up and hit the ball if you're the nats.  and yes, he was a dick the way he said it.

then papi was like, "what would you have done with the guy pitching tonight?"  to which a-rod said, "oh, this guy?  nothing, i wouldn't have been able to hit him."

so yeah.

Yeah, A-Rod was trying to make the point that Cole only pitched 7 of the 27 innings in DC, which is fair.  But he's failing to give Urquidy and the bullpen credit for pitching lights out.  The only game you could accuse the Nats of failing to capitalize on a lot of opportunities was Game 3 when Greinke put like 12 guys on or something.  Otherwise, they just ran into buzzsaw pitching.

They kinda both had a point, but A-Roid was a giant doucher in trying to make his.  Shocking, I know.

42 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

this Baby Shark cultural phenomenon has bypassed me, and I’m grateful for that.  I’d be embarrassed to be associated with that as our team’s theme. 

I had never heard the song until my friend that works for the Nats was complaining about it then not even a week later the video of the kid melting down to get Alexa to play baby shark went viral. Little did I know we'd get confronted with it this post season. I for one am glad it is in the rearview.  If you'd have told me before the postseason started that they would only score 3 runs at home in 3 games with that power anthem I'd have gladly greenlit them playing it as often as they wanted despite it's Boomer Sooner ability to repeat itself into oblivion.

I didn't like Hinch starting Alvarez's bat over Reddick's defense.

I thought it was an 'iffy' move when the situation didn't call for it.

Hinch was right.  All the way right, not that my opinion gives any validation; but rather just giving credit where a lot of credit is due.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Bregman’s grand slam scored more runs than the Nationals scored in 27 innings.  The pitching staff nutted the fuck up these last three games.

The bats are woke and the pitching is back to normal.  Don't fuck this up JV.  Don't tighten up your butthole because it's a close out game in the WS.  I do not want this to go to 7, even if I have great faith in Greinke, because it will opposite Scherzer if he's healthy. 

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I have a hard time believing that Scherzer will be able to pitch at all, much less effectively, on Wednesday, but I'd rather not find out.

It's time for JV to conquer his World Series demons and close this thing out. 

1,000 x this

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I don't care what it takes.  You pay Cole to stay.  Dude was nails last night, even with boobs being thrown in his face. 

And a million times this.  Don't stubbornly close our own window by letting him go because you don't want to pay the tax. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Scherzer couldn't turn his head at his news conference yesterday.  I'm not sure he is going to pitch again this series.

Now that he's back in Houston, they can get him a "ringer dinger" at that youtube chiropractor. After that he'll either throw a no-hitter to win the series or never be able to walk again.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1