2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Lat22 said:

Cole will throw a pitch tomorrow night. 

Astros have Greinke, Urquidy, Cole, and the whole bullpen tomorrow.   Plenty of arms to put together a gem.  

Nats have a less than 100% Scherzer, Corbin, Sanchez, and a bunch of other guys the Astros have touched up.  

Anything can happen, but I like the Astros’ chances.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Cole will throw a pitch tomorrow night. 

Astros have Greinke, Urquidy, Cole, and the whole bullpen tomorrow.   Plenty of arms to put together a gem.  

Nats have a less than 100% Scherzer, Corbin, Sanchez, and a bunch of other guys the Astros have touched up.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

That would be awesome

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

This game was lost when Altuve couldn’t make contact with runners on third and second. It’s ridiculous that they cannot score at home after the first inning. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before in my 40+ years of watching baseball.

• Like 4

This game was lost when Altuve couldn’t make contact with runners on third and second. It’s ridiculous that they cannot score at home after the first inning. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before in my 40+ years of watching baseball.

So fucking pissed off.  The national media tried to make us a bunch of bad guys because one loudmouthed little dipshit said something questionable.  And Buck and Smoltz with this anti-Astros shit that started in the Yankees series and hasn't stopped, talking about how a 7-1 win was closer than it looked and going on and on about one bad strike call while in the same god damned inning we got one, too, and tonight with this interference call that anyone who ever played Little League knows is correct.

Fuck all of this bullshit.  The Astros deserve to be the story.  Make them swallow their pride and compliment the World Champions tomorrow night, whether they like it or not.

Buncha fucking bitchasses.

• Like 7

Just now, Hate said:

Agreed. That would have changed dynamic of the game. I doubt we see Devo at all if we score at least one run there. 

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Not being down three runs. 

So after scoring at least one run in an alternate universe you are also still making the conclusion that the Astros gave up 3 runs in the seventh. Just seems like a stupid game of what ifs. 

12 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

I was telling people this before the game. The Nats set things up for 7 games.

Herpderp

9 minutes ago, Hate said:

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

I kept expecting him to squeeze a run in. In retrospect, even with two strikes maybe he should have tried. Strasburg was dealing. 

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

So after scoring at least one run in an alternate universe you are also still making the conclusion that the Astros gave up 3 runs in the seventh. Just seems like a stupid game of what ifs. 

I made no conclusion. Not advancing the RISP with guys on third and second seems to have doomed the game. Who knows what would have transpired. Ideally if we tie or take the lead there we don’t allow Devo to blow it. 

Edited by Telegraph_it