2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

28 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Game hasn't even started yet and I've threw up twice, got excited with the feeling we will win, out of nowhere I cried and threw my files at a colleague thinking if the bats go cold and Grienke chokes. FUCK. how did we get through 2017? I don't remember being this anxiety filled.

Ask your husband to rub your pussy for you to relieve some of the anxiety.

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Need to be aggressive. Reddick should have been sent on Springers double. 

Soto had the ball in hand and was wheeling around to throw when Reddick was still 3 to 5 strides from third-base.  Only a terrible relay would have saved him.  Besides, with Altuve coming up Pettis was wagering that Reddick was going to score anyway.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Can't they also review hit by pitches to see if the ball brushes a jersey?  I swear I have seen that.  If so, catcher's interference when the bat hits the freaking glove should have been reviewable.

They can be reviewed.  But, Altuve was brushed on the jersey in DC and it was clear as day on the replay.  He didn't raise a stink, it wasn't reviewed, and he popped out.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yeah, we are seeing the effects of the response to the Taubman incident and JV banning the Detroit reporter from the club house. 

Well also seemingly half of all national sports journalists live in the DC area and virtually none live in Houston.

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Jim Wolf behind the plate

Known to have a pitcher’s strike zone.

Hopefully that disproportionately helps Zack

He’s also one of those guys that likes to call check swing strikes on his own

Oh by the way, note the HP ump for this game some of you may remember:

f4375479fa430388c83bf18cd2493fd6.jpg

Check swings can be called strikes if you break the plane?

/Fan who just started watching baseball this series

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yep. The rule is clear. We live in an idiocracy.

No shit the entire “the rule is dumb” is fine but it’s still the rule. Hell I think going 75 on the freeway is to slow but I’ll get a ticket if I go too fast according to a cop and I’m sure he will like the “well I think it’s dumb”. The rule is pretty clear.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yep. The rule is clear. We live in an idiocracy.

This.

Fuck. I’m right handed and I was always taught to run on the outside of the line and to turn to the right after you run through the bag. 

You learn that shit at friggin’ 7 years old. All this bitching boggles my mind.

I guess most people haven’t played or simply don’t watch it enough to care about the rules.

Game hasn't even started yet and I've threw up twice, got excited with the feeling we will win, out of nowhere I cried and threw my files at a colleague thinking if the bats go cold and Grienke chokes. FUCK. how did we get through 2017? I don't remember being this anxiety filled.
Congrats on the pregnancy my guy
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Some of y'all are expecting an awful lot from Cole tonight on short rest. Unless Greinke shits the bed early, I'd be fine with running out Smith, Harris, and Osuna to get the last 9-12 outs. 

5 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Urquidy should be available for at least a couple batters.

yeah, I'd rather Urquidy get an inning than Cole.  

Just now, Tylerocks said:

I just learned my non-sports loving sister, who doesn't even understand baseball is going to Game 7.

For Free.

I'm stuck at a work Halloween thing, handing out candy, dressed as a god damned hot dog and she is going to Game 7.

spacer.png

Not sure what you do for a living, but you need to stop. Immediately. As in resign right now. No notice, just leave and never come back. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I just learned my non-sports loving sister, who doesn't even understand baseball is going to Game 7.

For Free.

I'm stuck at a work Halloween thing, handing out candy, dressed as a god damned hot dog and she is going to Game 7.

Image result for leeanne locken hot dog gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1