2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

as soon as greinke gave up the home run it was over

Wrong. He would have pitched through it.   Solo HR okay.  Walk Soto okay.  He owned the rest of the lineup.  Hand it to Cole in the next inning with a 2-1 lead. Taking Greinke out there was a horrible decision. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

There isn't gonna be any getting over this one. 

This is worse than '05, '04, '98, '86.

Even if we get another championship or two with this nucleus, this one will always bother me.

Dude. We played to 7 while underperform through the playoffs. Does it suck, yes. But it’s not like we gave it all up in the 9th or we were swept. It was a slow bleed. 

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Even if we get another championship or two with this nucleus, this one will always bother me.

Yes because there was absolutely no reason to take Greinke out in the 7th, then was really no reason not to pitch Cole at all.

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard from a credible source that Correa broke his ribs from slipping in the shower while fucking Daniella. Polar opposite rumors, of course. 

Something something watery eggs, Tom Herman. Fuck!

I disagree. The ‘17 team winning the title will always make this one easier than all the times we fell short before winning a WS. 

• Like 2

Tough series for you guys, but I have no doubt you’ll be right back in this position again next year, hungrier than ever. That’s the makeup of yalls team. I’ve watched y’all play so much this year (fantasy baseball) and have grown to respect yalls organization more than any team I’ve ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Better team won.  What a shitshow.

Fuck.

At least we have Texas football.

FUCK SHITFUCK

I can’t agree with this. Seems like if we could have traded our home field advantage we would have won. Baseball is weird like that. It doesn’t make sense. 

Edited by Telegraph_it

Fuck off.

Fudge you. Sorry some of us are upset still one hour into this fail. It’s a long fukin season and to lose like this it’s tough to swallow.

I’m glad others are happy to get orange slices and wait in line for 2nd place ribbons at this time.

I’m still renewing season tix. Hope we have a good pitch staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just let Cole move on.  There's a lot of opportunity to spread that money on improvements like more pitching depth as long as Strom is back.  There are quality arms that will be willing to come here hoping he gets them to the next level and a future superstar contract. 

Team is going to be a little screwed in the head if there isn't some shakeup.  If Luhnow will put a little more value on building a better bullpen for the post-season we have a good shot at getting back into the playoffs.  Good chance he can move Greinke and Correa for value, hell move out the wifebeater while he's at it to clean things up a bit.  Am looking forward to more of Luhnow's magic.  And hell, don't have to stress anymore about securing home field throughout any future playoffs....

Edited by clapclapclap

9 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard from a credible source that Correa broke his ribs from slipping in the shower while fucking Daniella. Polar opposite rumors, of course. 

Who am I to blame a guy for this?  I'd fuck her everywhere I possibly could. 

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't know. We actually played pretty fucking badly through the whole playoffs.  The bats never really woke up.  Most of our scoring in every series was solo shots.  We were relying on pitching perfect games, and we straight up sacrificed some games. 

05 we played harder every game. Got swept but never lost by more than 2. Sure, you lose game 3 and you're resigned in game 4, but never got blown out in multiple games like this where we just had a complete inability to keep a game close if down after the 5th. 

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

So next will be a start over for all starting pitching?  Going to be tough to make it back with that hill to climb. 

Not really.  I'm guessing we come back with:

1. JV

2. Greinke

3. McCullers

4. Urquidy

5. Whitley

And Yordan's in for the whole year.  Tucker replaces Reddick as an everyday player.

There's really no reason the AL shouldn't come down to Astros and Yankees again.

• Like 1

Not really.  I'm guessing we come back with:

1. JV

2. Greinke

3. McCullers

4. Urquidy

5. Whitley

And Yordan's in for the whole year.  Tucker replaces Reddick as an everyday player.

There's really no reason the AL shouldn't come down to Astros and Yankees again.

Never mind for some reason JV was a free agent after this year.

I'd take a flier on Matt Moore, if he's healthy. He was off to a good start with Detroit until he dislocated his knee cap. The under the radar signing that Luhnow usual makes that works out. Other than that, Luhnow needs to invest some money in the bullpen. Maybe add a couple of MLB caliber lefty options.

9 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I think this team is better than 2017, but baseball is weird. Don't go cold and step on your dicks the final month of the season and run into a buzz saw.

Reminds me of the 2004 Longhorns baseball team.  Most talented team of that era, and they couldn't get it done because Fullerton went fuego.  And then they lost a lot of guys but came back and won it all in 2005.  

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Reminds me of the 2004 Longhorns baseball team.  Most talented team of that era, and they couldn't get it done because Fullerton went fuego.  And then they lost a lot of guys but came back and won it all in 2005.  

Fuck you kurt Suzuki, twice

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I'd take a flier on Matt Moore, if he's healthy. He was off to a good start with Detroit until he dislocated his knee cap. The under the radar signing that Luhnow usual makes that works out. Other than that, Luhnow needs to invest some money in the bullpen. Maybe add a couple of MLB caliber lefty options.

This is a joke, right?  Teams have been taking flyers on Matt Moore for nearly a decade.  The "if he's healthy" part was a nice touch, too.  

Just now, Beau Vine said:

The most talented team Augie had was the 2010 team that ran into Purke in the Supers.