NIT quarterfinals: Texas vs. Colorado, 8 PM, ESPN2

Machinator

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

The NC State crowd on ESPNU may be more embarrassing than our crowd.

Last week I believe that the students were on Spring Break, but there is no excuse not to have at least 5,000 people in the stands tonight.

1) All students, regardless of athletic pass are allowed free entry.

2) Fountain Drinks, Hot Dogs, Popcorn, & Nachos are 2-for-1 (And this is advertised all over campus.)

3) T-shirt give aways at the start of the game and 20 t-shirts into the stands during every commercial break/time out.

4) Tickets for Austinites are $5 and kids 17-and-under get in free with each adult.

5) Kids 17-and-under without an adult are $2.

6) If team wins, everyone with a ticket gets a Taco Bell Free Meal Deal good for one week.

7) Free Parking in the parking garages south of The Drum.

Even if the athletic department lost $10K to $20K on the game, there should have been a major effort to get the team some support for Recruiting, TV image, and Team Support that will be made back by reaching NYC. So embarrassing.

So will the semis be worth it to attend? Tix from 25-50, but I never get to see the horns in nyc but tbh, haven’t paid much attention this year since the team seemed to ... uh, not play well. Debating if watching in person will be worth it for 50 or just aggravating ... 

53 minutes ago, achooloco said:

So will the semis be worth it to attend? Tix from 25-50, but I never get to see the horns in nyc but tbh, haven’t paid much attention this year since the team seemed to ... uh, not play well. Debating if watching in person will be worth it for 50 or just aggravating ... 

depends on which half you see.  first half against cu was brilliant, effort filled, basketball.  second half, not so much but held on for the win after the first half effort.  seems to be the theme a lot with variants of course.  

you ought to go.

Looks like the late game, 9:30 EST, tuesday april 2nd.

https://texassports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, achooloco said:

Man if you’re in the city it should be automatic. Why not? College games are short. 🤘🏻

• Like 1