Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Firemans4Horn

Don't think the CAS will rule in our favor, but if so, this is the guy I was hoping to get with the Hazard money. Assumed Bayern was going to snatch him up.

Sport Bild and Get German Football News reported early on Wednesday morning, rumoured leaders in the chase for Pepe has pulled out of the transfer battle. It appears initial tales that the German giants already had a pre-agreement in place for the Ligue 1 sensation was wide off the mark.

Original reports claimed the Munich outfit was on a massive overhaul because of their ageing side and Pepe was a key ingredient to this new regime and look. The talks were convincing and almost seemed certain the Germans were ready to splash the cash.

Hearsay has since changed. Arsenal and Bayern were strongly linked with a move for the player, with Arsenal the strongest bidders at first. The problem persisting with the Gunners, their transfer kitty is said to be small and outgoing before incoming.

Arsenal and Bayern Munich will pull out

With the club’s (Lille) hierarchy resigned on losing their most prized asset, a price tag has been set. The fee put up for Nicolas is about the £60 (€70) million mark. Because of this, teams (Bayern Munich) have already started turning away from bidding for him, as well as turned their attention elsewhere.

- Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente favours a move to the English Premier League this summer, state Diario AS. The report claims both Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in a deal

- MARCA : Real Madrid and Chelsea close to finalising Hazard and Kovacic signings, in what will be separate transfers.

Kovacic has been bang average. Not sure I'm a fan. I guess he can play all 3 of Sarri's MF positions.

28 minutes ago, MoJames said:

- Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente favours a move to the English Premier League this summer, state Diario AS. The report claims both Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in a deal

- MARCA : Real Madrid and Chelsea close to finalising Hazard and Kovacic signings, in what will be separate transfers.

Kovacic has been bang average. Not sure I'm a fan. I guess he can play all 3 of Sarri's MF positions.

If we spend 40m on Kova like I think RM has said they want, that's a bad deal.  If we're forced to sell Hazard, take that money and use it on a CF and replacement winger.  Our midfield should be fine with Jorginho, Kante, RLC, Barkley, and Mount instead of dropping lots of cash on Kova.  

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

Isn’t MARCA seen as the media mouthpiece of RM?

On 5/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, Firemans4Horn said:

Best thing to do with loan army is to sell them for 300% their real value to Bournemouth and go out and buy world class players. 

Yeah but when Chelsea sells players, they turn into Kevin DeBruyne and Mo Salah.

What does this mean? Is it legal?

Man City now said to have agreed 'alliance' with Sporting CP

Manchester City and Sporting will ‘recruit players together’, which would mean they’d share ownership and therefore there’d be no reason for conventional loans.

The two clubs will share scouting and identification and also expertise. That work is already said to be happening, with the idea being to find players who have the talent to one day represent City’s first team and/or who have a very good chance of building value.

12 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Reading rumors of Hazard to RM for €100m. Seems way below his market value. 

It's low because he is on his last year on his contract, is 28 and he's really only interested in RM. End of the day, wish him the best. Handled his business appropriately and has been an integral part of the team well past what most would've expected.

Edited by MoJames

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Wasn't he like 24 though? Funny part of you bringing up Coutinho is he is being rumored to Chelsea pending the whole ban thing.

25 and yeah, 3 years make quite a difference in football. But Hazard is top 5 in the world. Coutinho isn't top five at Barca.

Meunier, Nkunku, Cavani, Choupo Moting, Nsoki, Kurzawa. Diaby and Kimpembe will not be kept if interesting offers are made for them.

Define interesting offer...

I'm sure we have a few goal nets and broken seats we trade you.

Kimpembe is the only one on that list that intrigues me but I don't think he's big enough to play CB in the EPL.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well it will happen, but lequipe article came before Terreur. He was more or less commenting on the article in the tweet above. Simply suggests Chelsea is still playing hardball.

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Well it will happen, but lequipe article came before Terreur. He was more or less commenting on the article in the tweet above. Simply suggests Chelsea is still playing hardball.

They probably are, especially since he still has a game left with the Blues. Just saying "rumor" is probably selling it short. They have at least agreed in principle. 

- Liverpool are interested in Uruguayan striker Maxi Gómez – €50M release clause which could become €25M if Celta de Vigo are relegated.

- Zinedine Zidane is keen to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer as a replacement for Gareth Bale. He would cost an estimated €85million, which Zidane is more than happy to pay Arsenal.

- Milan are no longer targeting Deulofeu as Watford have placed a €40m price tag on the forward.

- [AS.com]'Le Parisien': PSG set to make €210M bid for Isco, Bale & Kroos

- Bayern Munich in Talks with Manchester City for Leroy Sané Transfer

- @AntoGriezmann : "It's been an incredible five years, thank you very much for everything, I'll always have you in my heart".

- David Ornstein on Manchester United: • United love Koulibaly but price tag is putting them off. • Wan-Bissaka is on United’s radar. • Sancho is a top target, #mufc is his preferred option, however he wants UCL and is reluctant to join an unstable club. (BBC)