Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Firemans4Horn

- [Jugones] : Paulo Dybala's brother confirms that he will leave Juventus this summer and has opened the door to play in Spain.

- Crystal Palace to demand £100m for Wilfried Zaha after he expresses desire to leave for Champions League.

- CHO is close to signing a 5 year contract with Chelsea. Hope.

- Manchester United Eyeing £45m Summer Move For Nicolas Pepe

13 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I remember when Dier was the next big thing. 

Playing with Dembélé in front of him and Vertonghen/Alderweireld behind him probably masked some of his deficiencies. Injuries have hurt his career and I think he’s probably become too heavy. 

There’s been talk that Dier wants to play DM and Pochettino thinks he’d be better at CB. It looks like Wanyama is the most likely to be sold but we’d sell Dier if someone offers a good fee.

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Pepe is going for more than £45m. 

Good of luck to anyone that pays £80m or more for Zaha. 

Zaha is a fucking idiot for signing his new contract in August. They absolutely have all the cards on him.

Probably just throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks but.....reports say juventus want klopp
Neymar wants real to sign firmino to play with him(neymar to real rumors) and that klopp would let firmino walk if we win CL

Bunch a bs i feel ...especially the we would let firmino leave based on winning a trophy

Dont think its been mentioned....bale says if real want him gone they will need to buy out his remaining 51mil on contract.
Said he will stay and play golf if he has to.
Real supposedly will let him leave for free if team takes his full wages of 17mil per year

Trent Alexander-Arnold, one of the stars of the Barcelona win and a huge future component of the English National Team. Klopp is pretty high on Ben Woodburn, who's currently on loan with Sheffield United. He could see some time this summer before the club decides to keep him or loan him out. 

Edited by mdmost

17 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Who on their current roster actually came through their academy?

Trent

ben woodburn

curtis Jones 

rhian brewster

rafa camacho 

nat phillips

Caoimhin Kelleher

harry Wilson (on loan at derby)

ryan Kent (Rangers player of the season)

Gomez came to LFC at age 17 but not sure I would consider him an academy product

I’d say it’s rare for many top EPL teams to have much talent come up through their academies. With no second division teams for young players to get minutes (like Barca B or Ajax II) it’s more efficient for them to go buy developed talent from other teams  

37 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Do the rich EPL teams have academies, or do they just consider the poors their academies?

It works both ways – lots of players from the elite PL club academies go on to have careers in the Championship or mid/lower table PL teams.