Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Firemans4Horn

Haha, more Arsenal transfer news.

Mohamed Bouhafsi :A dramatic twist in the file #Saliba ! #Tottenham submitted an offer exceeding 30M € off bonus for Saliba. An offer exceeding the expectations of #ASSE . Meeting tomorrow to finalize the operation while #Arsenal had found a global agreement

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

So what did i miss while tapa was down

barca strung along atletico until greaseman's release number dropped 90 million on july 1st.

no big deal.

arnautovic and neymar ditched their respective us tours and both want out.

zidane is back and wants bale gone, bale doesn't want to leave.

maguire is still a fox.

bunch of other good business last several days.

de ligt lottery went to juve today.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Arnautovic to China for €25m per SkySports. West Ham meeting Maxi Gomez’ €50m release clause.

This is West Ham's statement from their webpage:

West Ham United can confirm that Marko Arnautovic has joined Chinese Super League champions Shanghai SIPG for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old Austrian departs after two seasons at London Stadium, during which he scored 22 goals in 65 appearances in Claret and Blue.

That's it! I thought it was pretty funny. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

No post about Zizou saying that the Welsh ape will be gone very soon?

Madrid are hoping they can get rid of him. The only way I can see someone taking him is if it’s a loan where Madrid cover part of his wages. No one is going to pay a transfer fee for him and pay him huge wages. He’s not going to China.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Madrid are hoping they can get rid of him. The only way I can see someone taking him is if it’s a loan where Madrid cover part of his wages. No one is going to pay a transfer fee for him and pay him huge wages. He’s not going to China.

Every article mentions Madrid paying HALF of his wages up front. 

So no one is going to have to pay his huge wages except RM. 

They want “€50M-€60M” for him, but will take €40M to be rid of him. His agent is whining like a bitch, but that’s what agents are paid to do. 

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Every article mentions Madrid paying HALF of his wages up front. 

So no one is going to have to pay his huge wages except RM. 

They want “€50M-€60M” for him, but will take €40M to be rid of him. His agent is whining like a bitch, but that’s what agents are paid to do. 

But who is going to pay €40m for him AND pay him €300k/week? No one. Madrid has almost zero leverage here.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Bale would be more than happy if Madrid just let him collect pay checks from the beach.

I don't watch RM much but what's the origination of this idea that he's a lazy player? His injury history? 

When I've seen him play, he works hard. 

Zidane hates him and doesnt want him on his roster is what it boils down to...i wouldnt say the agent is whining when he criticizes manager saying "we hope he leaves soon...it will be better for everyone"

RM have no leverage if they want him gone they can make it happen. They just dont want to take the hit,which is understandable, but paying full wages for him to play golf like he threatened is worse than cutting him loose at reduced price

Ok, then where's the info that he doesn't want to play or would rather sit and collect a check? 

ETA: I'm genuinely curious. I've heard other folks allude to it.
Around may/june bale was quoted as saying" i have 3 years left on contract, if they want me to go, they will have to pay 17mil per season. If not i'll stay and if i have to play golf i will"

Was a radio interview on radioestadio per report

11 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Ok, then where's the info that he doesn't want to play or would rather sit and collect a check? 

ETA: I'm genuinely curious. I've heard other folks allude to it.

There's been a rift between him and the club/Zidane for a couple years. The club is paying him more than anyone in the world will so while he'd probably love to play he's not going to give up that money. 

In actuality he'll be with the team but marganlized. Jokingly, I made my comment. He does enjoy the Spanish lifestyle though.

Fuck you Bayern

Link - Tier 2

Callum Hudson-Odoi has given new manager Frank Lampard a major boost by agreeing to stay at Chelsea. The 18-year-old has finally accepted the club’s most recent offer a five-year contract worth £100,000 a week and is expected to sign before the start of the season.

Hudson-Odoi was locked in a contractual stand-off with Chelsea for much of last season and told director Marina Granovskaia he wanted to leave in January due to disillusionment about a lack of playing time under Maurizio Sarri, but the club held firm and refused to sell despite serious interest from Bayern Munich. The German club made four separate bids with the highest reaching £40 million, and remain interested in signing Hudson-Odoi this summer, but Chelsea’s change of management has convinced the England winger to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Hudson-Odoi’s willingness to sign a new contract is a significant coup for Lampard, who has pledged to give more opportunities to the club’s academy products, albeit as a result of being unable to sign new players for two windows due to Chelsea’s transfer ban. Chelsea’s prospects of retaining Hudson-Odoi were also helped by the ruptured achilles he sustained last April, which could keep him out of action until Christmas, although that lengthy lay-off did not deter Bayern.

Hudson-Odoi became something of a cause celebre amongst Chelsea fans last season and a symbol of their frustration with Sarri’s management style, but after a slow start made a considerable impact before sustaining that injury, making 22 appearances and scoring five goals. The Londoner also made an impressive start to his international career after by-passing the under-21’s entirely, becoming the youngest ever player to make a competitive appearance for England when coming off the bench in a European Championship win over Czech Republic in March before contributing an assist on his full debut against Montenegro three days later.

Chelsea completed their pre-season tour of Japan earlier today with a 2-1 win over Barcelona secured through goals from Tammy Abraham and Ross Barkley. Lampard’s players will return to Europe today for further friendlies against Reading, Red Bull Salzburg and Borussia Monchengladbach before starting their Premier League campaign with a visit to Manchester United next month.