Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Firemans4Horn

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

If y'all finish the summer w/ Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Dybala that would be one helluva summer. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ted Lange said:

Rumor is Bale to get a million a week from a Chinese club.  Nuts. 

If I were Bale, I would be going to China.

If he plays hard and plays well, he could set himself up for ~$10M to $20M/year in endorsements for the next 10 years or more. Long after his playing days were over, he'd still be making a mint... and the team would actually want him.

(It's not like he's going to required to learn to speak Chinese if he still hasn't learned to speak Spanish.)

If I were Bale, I would be going to China.
If he plays hard and plays well, he could set himself up for ~$10M to $20M/year in endorsements for the next 10 years or more. Long after his playing days were over, he'd still be making a mint... and the team would actually want him.
(It's not like he's going to required to learn to speak Chinese if he still hasn't learned to speak Spanish.)

Not saying you're wrong but I've seen no evidence of China moves doing anything positive for players marketability

35 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Very shockingly, it is being reported that Bale isn’t headed to China. 

Asensio’s fault. 

Who fucking knows what really is happening. Apparently, they raised Pogba’s bid as well. No way that you don’t sell, and still buy.

Another problem is that Chinese teams can’t pay for high transfer fees. Bale would’ve gone to China for almost free. 

Edited by JNip

3 hours ago, JNip said:

Asensio’s fault. 

Who fucking knows what really is happening. Apparently, they raised Pogba’s bid as well. No way that you don’t sell, and still buy.

Another problem is that Chinese teams can’t pay for high transfer fees. Bale would’ve gone to China for almost free. 

I have my doubts that Bale had much interest in going to China. Pretty much every “source” saying Bale was going there was a Real source. ESPN is saying now that Bale’s family didn’t want to move to China. Not exactly surprising.

• Like 1

Asensio’s fault.  Who fucking knows what really is happening. Apparently, they raised Pogba’s bid as well. No way that you don’t sell, and still buy.

Like everyone has known since it started...if real want him gone they are going to have to eat some wages to make it happen. They have no leverage. 

Or maybe just play him and see what happens. He has a goal per game ratio of .44 and thats with playing with CR7 plus injuries. Scored the crucial goals when real beat liverpool yet gets no love...maybe he has a healthy year and clicks with the improved midfield

Benzema fyi has a .47 goal per game ratio

On 7/28/2019 at 10:01 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

I have my doubts that Bale had much interest in going to China. Pretty much every “source” saying Bale was going there was a Real source. ESPN is saying now that Bale’s family didn’t want to move to China. Not exactly surprising.

If Bale & family can’t adapt to a European country located marginally below where he grew up and that is overrun with Brits 12 months out of the year, why would anyone think that he would adapt to life in China?

That’s like expecting a saltwater fish, that had difficulty surviving brackish water to survive fine in a desert.

If Bale & family can’t adapt to a European country located marginally below where he grew up and that is overrun with Brits 12 months out of the year, why would anyone think that he would adapt to life in China?
That’s like expecting a saltwater fish, that had difficulty surviving brackish water to survive fine in a desert.
Bales agent says real killed the deal...who knows at this point

On 7/30/2019 at 10:44 PM, Napoleon said:

You literally said a few days ago "if I were Bale I'd go to China"

Edited by maninblack

36 minutes ago, maninblack said:

You literally said a few days ago "if I were Bale I'd go to China"

Yes, but Bale is not me (I), and he is not good at adapting to another culture. 

I also thought about whether joining a specific team can actually do damage to your long term marketability in that country, because you’ve now identified with a particular team and fans of every other team may forever dislike you. 

Just look at how unruly Chinese college students are getting in Australia due to criticism of a particular Chinese governmental policy. Chinese nationals are nuts. 

15 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Chelsea news

Nizaar Kinsella

@NizaarKinsella

Rough maths but Chelsea have raised about £30m from selling loanees and youth this summer. Morata money to come next summer. They will have all that and the Eden Hazard money, you should think, to go into a 2020-21 season warchest. #CFC

Edited by MoJames

I'm certainly annoyed with the price tag, but thrilled to have a good CB.  There are very few Van Dijk around.  He's not a Vidic or Rio Ferdinand, but he's like bringing in a Steve Bruce back in the day. English, experienced in the PL, tough, and solid.  Good start to a long rebuild process. I love the way Lindelof came on in the second half of the season, should be a very good pairing that compliment each other. 

Edited by Dertyberd

Latest rumors/reports before thursday epl deadline... Manu decline 68m bid from inter milan for lukaku

Coutinho to Arsenal on loan...spurs also fighting for him, supposedly needing to move eriksen first

Dybala would reduce wage to get manu deal done

Rooney to be player/coach for Derby County in January

1 minute ago, JNip said:

Sounds like Donnie van de Beek to RM is a done deal. The clubs are just waiting for the CL qualifier games to end and then the transfer will be completed. 

Damn, last years team has been gutted, but Ajax are going to make about $250 million in home grown talent this summer. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, Bone3421 said:
On 7/24/2019 at 7:24 PM, 406W30th said:
If y'all finish the summer w/ Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Dybala that would be one helluva summer. 

They kept their powder dry for this summer...spurs looking years in advance

Right now they have 1 of those players signed. Let’s not get carried away. And it’s 99% a Lo Celso or Dybala proposition not both. 

On 8/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, Dertyberd said:

I'm certainly annoyed with the price tag, but thrilled to have a good CB.  There are very few Van Dijk around.  He's not a Vidic or Rio Ferdinand, but he's like bringing in a Steve Bruce back in the day. English, experienced in the PL, tough, and solid.  Good start to a long rebuild process. I love the way Lindelof came on in the second half of the season, should be a very good pairing that compliment each other. 

every club seems to be searching for quality CBs this summer.

Southampton is certainly in the market for one, but any worth their salt have outrageous price tags. Soton can't risk to spend more than £20M on a player, so looks like we are gonna stick with the dross we got.

Not sure why English clubs are so reluctant to go buy from the continent. Paying £40m for Lewis Dunk seems idiotic. 
Some of it could be the window not lining up with rest of europe...most windows close on sep 2 but epl closes on thursday
If player is between epl team or a italy/spain team its in the spain/italy teams best interest to wait out the epl sides

21 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Everton trying hard to finish in top 6 but bids rejected....

30m for arsenal's iwobi, rejected
Bid for manu's smalling on loan , rejected
Zaha bid of 70m plus 2 players ,rejected

Don't see why not.  They just got the Kean kid from Juve for a steal.  Keep throwing shit at the wall, it worked once.  

15 hours ago, yoladu said:

every club seems to be searching for quality CBs this summer.

Southampton is certainly in the market for one, but any worth their salt have outrageous price tags. Soton can't risk to spend more than £20M on a player, so looks like we are gonna stick with the dross we got.

Especially ones on the younger side, they just aren't out there to buy.  The way the game is going with high pressing and starting more play out of the back, there is a premium for guys that can not only defend, but play it out of the back.  Those types have always been rare, but now it is almost a necessity.  That's why it's stupid the money to spend on Maguire, but it's what the market is asking.  

You have to think Southampton will eventually develop one of their own.  The run they've been on with their academy is ridiculous.