Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Firemans4Horn

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I actually think a big money sale of Aubama would be smart from Arsenal. Provided they reinvest it wisely.

Buffon is leaving PSG. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48534479

Idi Amin.gif

and that’s coming from an arsenal fan. Whoever else said up thread it’s a large number of goals to replace is right. Our strikers covered up for a bunch of middling team performances in the 2nd half of the season to get results from games. Auba was the majority of that.

Oddly, Arsenal mostly played well as a team early in the year and had shitty results. So who the f knows. 

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

Matt Law has been out of the loop for a while, but this could be why we aren't appealing with CAS.

An interesting though I saw on WAGNH: CL qualification is worth about 50 million.  Unless Real wants to really break the bank for him, it may be better long term to keep Hazard and let him go on a free next year (or cheap in January) since he's probably the difference between qualifying for CL and not.  It may be the better move to keep him through the transfer ban and go for CL qualification than to let him leave and pretty much give up on CL.  It would be a net loss of 30-50 million, but if we sell him now we can't replace him and if we make CL after he leaves we'll be a more attractive club for a replacement when the ban is over.  Or, keep him through December and sell him for less in the January transfer window since that will allow CHO and RLC to get healthy.  A fall without Hazard, CHO, and RLC and no replacements because of the ban would be doom for the team and may set us back more long term than taking a monetary hit by selling him for less in January or giving him up on a free next year.  

10 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

An interesting though I saw on WAGNH: CL qualification is worth about 50 million.  Unless Real wants to really break the bank for him, it may be better long term to keep Hazard and let him go on a free next year (or cheap in January) since he's probably the difference between qualifying for CL and not.  It may be the better move to keep him through the transfer ban and go for CL qualification than to let him leave and pretty much give up on CL.  It would be a net loss of 30-50 million, but if we sell him now we can't replace him and if we make CL after he leaves we'll be a more attractive club for a replacement when the ban is over.  Or, keep him through December and sell him for less in the January transfer window since that will allow CHO and RLC to get healthy.  A fall without Hazard, CHO, and RLC and no replacements because of the ban would be doom for the team and may set us back more long term than taking a monetary hit by selling him for less in January or giving him up on a free next year.  

He's gonna have a sore back. Coutinho's Disease can strike at any time.

Atletico Madrid ask Chelsea to make Morata's loan permanent immediately - marca

[Manchester United] We're delighted to have agreed terms, in principle, with Swansea City for the transfer of Daniel James to #MUFC. Further details will be revealed in due course.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Atletico Madrid ask Chelsea to make Morata's loan permanent immediately - marca

"Cool.  Send us a bag of practice balls and a case of Gatorade and we're square."  

-- Chelsea Board

Edited by TexArcher

El Real Madrid centrará todos sus esfuerzos en contentar otra petición de Zinedine Zidane: Paul Pogba. Tiene 'atado' a Christian Eriksen y se antoja como el Plan B, pero lo cierto es que el entrenador marsellés está obsesionado con su compatriota.”

Sounds like RM can have Eriksen if they want to. But Zidane really wants Pogba. 

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Overtly quiet on the Chelsea front regarding incoming players for whatever reason.

I know LFC have been doing all their transfers post-VVD outside of the press. Lots of agents try to use the big prem clubs as stalking horses and the use the papers to drive up the price and wages. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

I know LFC have been doing all their transfers post-VVD outside of the press. Lots of agents try to use the big prem clubs as stalking horses and the use the papers to drive up the price and wages. 

Oh I was being silly on the transfer ban, but wouldn't that be nice?  It would be similar to Herman and recruiting news. Some info, but relatively quiet until the school wants us to know about it.

14 hours ago, MoJames said:

Barca and Ajax have reached an agreement for De Ligt for 75m, similar to De Jong's. But the player remains doubtful. If he agreed, the transfer would be announced in July. [Oriol Domenech, CatRAD, tier 1]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this will be a short-term bust. The kid is young and talented, but he's going to struggle at Barca (see Umtiti). 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this will be a short-term bust. The kid is young and talented, but he's going to struggle at Barca (see Umtiti). 

Wasn't Umititi's issue more of injuries than playing well, or was it both? I don't watch second rate leagues.

- [Calciomercato] Mbappe's ties with Neymar aren't at their best and he is frustrated with the Brazilian presences at the club. Leonardo's signature would not help that. Real has always been a club that he has wanted to play for and Griezmann coming to Paris could allow him to do just that.

- Arsenal agree terms with Yannick Carrasco; close to 30m deal

- Christian Eriksen has been left in limbo after Real Madrid decided to pursue Paul Pogba instead of the #thfc maestro. He is now considering signing a new long-term contract at #thfc with a significant pay rise. [AS]

- Napoli chairman De Laurentiis agrees to pay 50 million for PSV's Hirving Lozano [La Gazetta dello Sport]

34 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lozano is going to be a star at Napoli. 

Will be be interesting to see how many hundreds of million €’s PSV and Ajax make in transfer fees this summer. 

And how many lower clubs had "sell on" agreements for these players. Clubs like Pachuca are going to make bank.