Houston MegaChurch Pastor Indicted ,

OWLVIS

Weird.  It isn't your common or garden megachurch.  First, it's a legit denomination.  Second, he has actual degrees in actual theology from actual schools.  Finally, it's only 14,000, less than a quarter of Second Baptist, or Osteen's Lakewood.

This thread reminds me of a thread idea I’ve had but don’t know where to put it.  Has there been an “I’m an atheist” thread before?  I can’t decide if I should just put it in the cloak room since it will get cloak roomed up or if it would be more a general bada bing kind of thread.  

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Weird.  It isn't your common or garden megachurch.  First, it's a legit denomination.  Second, he has actual degrees in actual theology from actual schools.  Finally, it's only 14,000, less than a quarter of Second Baptist, or Osteen's Lakewood.

You're shocked that actual theologians are con artists?  

Caldwell had the respect of many top people in Texas.  I can’t imagine someone famous selling fake bonds thinking it won’t come back on them 10x worse.   It’s one thing to sell an asset you know is going down in value.  Another to sell an asset that doesn’t exist. 

guarantee something else is going on in this guys life that makes him this reckless.  Drug problem and a couple of baby mamas on the side.  

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m sure there are more mega church international money laundering scandals to come.  There’s still hope for Joel. 

The Russians love messing with Texas, religion, and money laundering.

How do I put you on ignore on this new site? 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Caldwell had the respect of many top people in Texas.  I can’t imagine someone famous selling fake bonds thinking it won’t come back on them 10x worse.   It’s one thing to sell an asset you know is going down in value.  Another to sell an asset that doesn’t exist. 

guarantee something else is going on in this guys life that makes him this reckless.  Drug problem and a couple of baby mamas on the side.  

Yeah, setting aside the shaggy cool kids contempt for religion, this guy had a lot going on beyond essentially televangelism.  And this is an entirely different category of hucksterism than your typical Benny Hinn.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
2 hours ago, Newy25 said:
How do I put you on ignore on this new site? 

First step is to hold the mouse with your vagina.

Oh my God I am just dying laughing.! 25 years ago. 

14 hours ago, longhorndude said:

This thread reminds me of a thread idea I’ve had but don’t know where to put it.  Has there been an “I’m an atheist” thread before?  I can’t decide if I should just put it in the cloak room since it will get cloak roomed up or if it would be more a general bada bing kind of thread.  

haven't we just learned how insidious online opinion polls and self-definition topics are and how dangerous it is to engage in such?  wtf?

15 hours ago, longhorndude said:

Is there a religion where you believe that a creator being or "God" created the universe but you don't believe that primative man 2000+ years ago, who believed a common flu was the work of Satan, had any more of a fucking idea what that creator wants from us than we do?

I need to start that one. Sensology

• Like 1

10 hours ago, In10se said:

Is there a religion where you believe that a creator being or "God" created the universe but you don't believe that primative man 2000+ years ago, who believed a common flu was the work of Satan, had any more of a fucking idea what that creator wants from us than we do?

Sanetology. 

On 3/30/2018 at 12:32 PM, In10se said:

Deism?

Edited by F250

On 3/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, TwiceHorn said:

None of that means anything..  

Edited by Shmitty
  • Fuck You 1