2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

23 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

O/U on number of games we win when scoring fewer than 6 runs.  Is 25 too high?

I say that sounds reasonable but I’d still take the under.  30th in team ERA right now, which is a trend I expect to continue. Probably 20 wins is about where I’d draw the line.

i don’t expect to keep people under 6 runs for half our games.  That makes 81.  Half of those we probably score under 6 as well.  And half of those we win.  And I think I’m erring in the Rangers favor on the 81 number.

I generally hate the Rangers unis but the all white is the best IMO

I was listening to the Rangers on Deck podcast last week and one of the guys hinted that the Rangers may be working with the same design group who rebranded the Nashville Sounds.  

Hopefully, we get a rebrand and better unis for the new stadium.

sounds-logos-590x332.jpg

I don't remember ever reading about this, regarding Shelby Miller. It turns out that his father, Mitch, was a fellow Brownwood firefighter and personal friend of Shannon Stone. Mitch will be in attendance for Shelby's first Rangers start tonight.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2019/04/01/shelby-millers-family-first-rangers-start-brings-memories-tragic-globe-life-park-accident

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Really shocked they didn't pull Verlander already. Nice 5th so far. 

Yep. I’m at the game. Astros fans are pissed. Verlander doesn’t have it. Men on first and second, no outs, and 4 lefties in a row coming up. Thought they would pull him. Mazara made them pay. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This post made me click on the last page of the astros thread. There is some whining. Is this blue really that ridiculous?

His strike zone is terrible and he is starting fights with players. Don't think it has really affected the score though. Maybe the Astros have 1 with a decent ump.