2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

On 9/13/2019 at 12:26 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah the tickets for a regular season game for the Rangers (especially with their record) are way overpriced for that Yankees series but I get it. Final series ever here and it is NYY. At least they are closing out the ballpark against someone like that instead of some fucktard team like Seattle. Just wish we could have had a playoff game this season but oh well.

The tickets for that get away game Thursday afternoon against Boston are very cheap but we can't make it to that one. 

My last time attending a game at the Ballpark was during a series with NYY. Marlon Byrd hit a walkoff HR for a Ranger win. August, 2008. The number of Yankee fans there was disgusting.

Yankee and Red Sox games are great for resellers. My seats cost $18 but I can usually sell my STH seats for $40-60 each regardless of how the Rangers are playing. I just sold my extra final game tickets for $100 each. I expect prices to go up even more for resellers once Globe Life Field opens. The lower bowl seats are $300 each so more people will be jumping at second and third deck seats if they go at all. 

Anybody watching this shit? First inning, two outs. They had Odor playing so deep in the outfield that he couldn't get to a basic grounder hit right where the 2nd baseman normally plays in time to throw the guy out. That was two fucking runs ago. Earlier in the first, they had him playing behind second, and he couldn't reach a normal grounder hit thru the middle of the right side. Next play, he's placed in the middle, but still misses a hard grounder hit over second base by a foot.

4-0 after half an inning to a Boston team that won 80 or so games this year.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Minor gets 200 after Guzman let's a 2-strike pop foul drop. Congrats to Mike. 9 s/o on the day. Happy guy. Milestone. Final 7-5.

Have been a big Minor fan this season, but stat chasing something like that seems kinda chicken shit.

Went to the game today.  You’re right on the stat chasing.  The Elvis steal went uncontested.  It looked like he could have walked and stole that base.  Still a hell of a milestone to steal 300 bases in a career.  That part of the game is disappearing.   Both teams had a bunch of AAA players playing.  We sat right behind the Ranger dugout.  The Ranger first baseman Guzman is a giant.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Minor wants to hang his hat on personal milestones that are faked, good for him.  Cora should have pulled the team when the Rangers started that crap.

Was what Cora’s team did the inning before any different?  Or what Cora did on Tuesday, chasing stats?

• 3 weeks later...