2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

There’s about 6 other tradeable guys I’d get rid of before Santana. 

The good martin, Shawn Kelley, Cabrera, minor, forsythe, and possibly Choo or Mazara.

if he was an expiring contract, I’d agree. We would look like idiots if he was “for real”, tore it up in the playoffs, then they would have a great player for 2 years while paying him almost nothing. I’d rather have him on the team.

I just don't see a lot more tradeable non-pitcher options to a playoff contender, either due to contract, experience or recent performance, that would yield a significant return.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I just don't see a lot more tradeable non-pitcher options to a playoff contender, either due to contract, experience or recent performance, that would yield a significant return.

Don’t make me laugh man.

he’d be in the top 10 hitters of all MLB if he had the at bats to qualify. The other team had better give us a package headlined by a prospect in the top 100 to move him or I’m not even remotely considering it. The other team better give significant value to the rangers to offset the risk that he really is that good and that he’ll be making pennies the next 2 years. I honestly don’t like the idea of moving him at all, I think he provides more value to the team going forward. He could be a solid contributor for us for the next 5 years. 

11 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Don’t make me laugh man.

he’d be in the top 10 hitters of all MLB if he had the at bats to qualify. The other team had better give us a package headlined by a prospect in the top 100 to move him or I’m not even remotely considering it. The other team better give significant value to the rangers to offset the risk that he really is that good and that he’ll be making pennies the next 2 years. I honestly don’t like the idea of moving him at all, I think he provides more value to the team going forward. He could be a solid contributor for us for the next 5 years. 

You’re way overvaluing him.  He’s played way over his head.  His career WAR in 6 seasons is 1.9 and 1.7 of that is this year.  His career OPS+ is 91.  No GM is giving you a top 100 prospect for that.  

I think the reason they traded for Solak, a second baseman, is that they are trying to get rid of at least one infielder. I think they'd love to move Guzman and/or Cabrera for some middle inning help (maybe package them). (They'd prefer to dump Odor, but nobody wants him). Also, they want to sit fucking Odor or send him down. To do all that, they need one extra infielder/backup. (They've got Santana at first and Forsythe for third).

Meanwhile, did anyone notice Odor's antics at the plate Saturday. Looked like he was stoned. Exaggerated stares at the plate, etc.

Forsythe has been less than stellar lately, but he got a chance yesterday and delivered a homer and a nice play at third when he fired the ball to second enabling a double play on a fast runner. He put some major heat on an accurate throw.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think the reason they traded for Solak, a second baseman, is that they are trying to get rid of at least one infielder. I think they'd love to move Guzman and/or Cabrera for some middle inning help (maybe package them). (They'd prefer to dump Odor, but nobody wants him). Also, they want to sit fucking Odor or send him down. To do all that, they need one extra infielder/backup. (They've got Santana at first and Forsythe for third).

Meanwhile, did anyone notice Odor's antics at the plate Saturday. Looked like he was stoned. Exaggerated stares at the plate, etc.

Forsythe has been less than stellar lately, but he got a chance yesterday and delivered a homer and a nice play at third when he fired the ball to second enabling a double play on a fast runner. He put some major heat on an accurate throw.

Odor reached 5 years of service in May and can't be sent down unless he agrees to it.  The best we can hope for is his playing time gets reduced.  

• Like 1

Why limit to non-pitchers? This team is going nowhere and doesn’t have a solid foundation. Trade everyone for prospects and rebuild.

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Why limit to non-pitchers? This team is going nowhere and doesn’t have a solid foundation. Trade everyone for prospects and rebuild.

FWIW, Jared Sandler said several times on the radio post-game yesterday that he expects the Rangers to "address the log-jam in the outfield" before the deadline.

4 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

FWIW, Jared Sandler said several times on the radio post-game yesterday that he expects the Rangers to "address the log-jam in the outfield" before the deadline.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Mazara, Choo or DeShields gone. Maybe two of three. Choo is expensive, but he can produce and someone may be looking for a hitter to push their offense over the top.

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm not limiting anything. I'm just talking about trade options available. People are throwing out guys that have virtually no trade value. You have two starting pitchers and not a whole lot else that would bring anything significant return towards improving the starting lineup and rotation over the next couple of years.

The Rangers team is full of guys that are young and unproven, or old and cheap.

Edited by DougO

The problem is I’ll bet every team has a Mazara, Guzman, DeShields in their system somewhere....the Rangers just overvalued them and now they both have yrs of MLB service time.   They are stuck with underperforming regulars while their “subs”  Santana, Forsythe, Pence continue to do the heavy lifting.   If you trade the subs...you are giving up on the season and have jack crap to open the new ballpark next yr..... Roster management has blown last few yrs.

• Like 1

Nine hits, three fucking runs. Mazara, batting fifth, 0-4. He needs to sit down for about a week. Maybe a few more days for Gallo as well, until he can remember what he was doing in the first half - taking bad pitches. That won't happen because, although DeShields can play CF (and get hits), Pence can't play outfield until his hamstring problem or whatever resolves. They'd have to bring Willie back up. What a mess. Gallo simply needs to get his shit together.

JD must be trying desperately to get rid of an infielder so they can get Solak in. Can't trade Cabrera if he's sitting on the Bench.

8 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Nine hits, three fucking runs. Mazara, batting fifth, 0-4. He needs to sit down for about a week. Maybe a few more days for Gallo as well, until he can remember what he was doing in the first half - taking bad pitches. That won't happen because, although DeShields can play CF (and get hits), Pence can't play outfield until his hamstring problem or whatever resolves. They'd have to bring Willie back up. What a mess. Gallo simply needs to get his shit together.

JD must be trying desperately to get rid of an infielder so they can get Solak in. Can't trade Cabrera if he's sitting on the Bench.

Right on cue.

ronald “condor” Guzman has been demoted to triple A. The guys bat sucks balls. The rangers liked him because of his defense and he does the splits, but most teams actually expect their first baseman to be a really good hitter. I guess we’re one of the few exceptions.

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Right on cue.

ronald “condor” Guzman has been demoted to triple A. The guys bat sucks balls. The rangers liked him because of his defense and he does the splits, but most teams actually expect their first baseman to be a really good hitter. I guess we’re one of the few exceptions.

Just telling a buddy a couple of hours ago that they need to send Guzman down. Best thing for him. I see they've got Forsythe at First. Fingers crossed.

Gallo had one hit in his last 16 ABs. 11 strikeouts. This offense was not going anywhere with that kind of performance batting cleanup.

Anderson, who we lit up last night, was 9-5 with a 4ish ERA.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this team does without Gallo. Looking forward to Willie and Solak getting into the lineup.

9 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I can’t recall Gallo playing cleanup. He usually hits 5-hole with Mazara or Pence batting cleanup. 

I think lately he'd been batting fourth - all star fame etc. First game I came to when I went back showed him hitting fourth. 7-19-19. We lost 3-4 to the Stros. Gallo went 0-5. Go figure.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401076193

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch