2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

If you're going to put Gallo in the lineup, you need to put Odor on the bench.

And we can't have a catcher hitting .150 on most days. KF should be catching. His D at third has been no better than Forsythe's. So put Forsythe at third. He's not Beltre, but right now he's the best we have - and he might get better with more playing time. Why the fuck play KF at third when you have Solak ready to join the varsity? If Woodward is so hot on KF playing, on days when someone else catches, let KF DH. Besides, KF is a .230 hitter (.250 career).

Mazara batting fourth isn't cutting it. Strikes out too much.

I guess the bottom line is that Woodward has been handed a pretty shitty team.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If you're going to put Gallo in the lineup, you need to put Odor on the bench. We can't have a catcher hitting .150. On most days KF should be catching. His D at third has been no better than Forsythe's. So put Forsythe at third. He's not Beltre, but right now he's the best we have - and he might get better with more playing time. Why the fuck play KF at third when you have Solak ready to join the varsity? If Woodward is so hot on KF playing, on days when someone else catches, let KF DH. Besides, KF is a .230 hitter (.250 career).

He'd probably like to put Gallo in the lineup, if he weren't on the IL for 6 weeks.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If you're going to put Gallo in the lineup, you need to put Odor on the bench.

And we can't have a catcher hitting .150 on most days. KF should be catching. His D at third has been no better than Forsythe's. So put Forsythe at third. He's not Beltre, but right now he's the best we have - and he might get better with more playing time. Why the fuck play KF at third when you have Solak ready to join the varsity? If Woodward is so hot on KF playing, on days when someone else catches, let KF DH. Besides, KF is a .230 hitter (.250 career).

Bottom line is that we've overachieved. Was fun while it lasted. 

I just hate to see guys like Pence get thrown under the bus. He was a warrior this year, gave it all on the field and was a big reason for the Rangers being competitive and fun to watch. He finally got his chance to play for his hometown team and delivered like nobody expected, beyond any expectations. Now he's going to rot on the bench half the time and watch his contract expire. He deserves much better.

• Like 3

Kelley gets two immediate outs, then proceeds to load the bases. Can't buy a strike until the count is 3-0 with bases loaded. Has to throw slow pitches down the middle to a lefty, who singles in two. Meanwhile, we have a lefty warmed up in the bullpen. Nice coaching Woodward. Woodward is looking like a deer in the headlights.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:57 PM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Fucking Odor swings at a high 3-2 pitch that woulda loaded the bases with one out (with a pitcher that just walked two hitters with 8 straight balls). Instead, they throw out our guy attempting a steal. Just like that, inning over.

you could have posted this probably 20 times in this thread during the course of various games. 

Got me thinking. Found this tidbit:

Consider this -- since Deadball ended in 1920:
Most no-hitters: Ryan, 7
Most one-hitters: Ryan and Bob Feller, 12
Most two-hitters: Ryan, 18
Most three-hitters: Ryan, 31

In 1973, Chicago's Ralph Garr led off a game against Ryan. He struck out on three pitches that more than 30 years later he still claimed he did not see. He then walked back to the dugout and said the words that marked the one-of-a-kind career of Ryan.

https://www.mlb.com/news/two-unbreakable-records-of-nolan-ryan-c265897848

• Like 1

I am so conflicted giving rep to an Astros fan correcting a rangers fan in a Rangers thread. But you have earned it, sir. Dont spend it all in one place. 

I don’t ever come in here much less post but I saw that in my timeline and was thinking that has to be some sort of record. Intrigued enough to check the box score.

11:30 game time. Damn. I think the league has figured out our new rookie sensations. They know how to pitch Santana and Willie. And probably Mazara. They did the same thing to Odor last year. He never recovered.

Wonder how much time Odor spends at home looking in the mirror wearing his sunglasses, batting helmet and glare thingies. He's too cool for his own good. Take your fucking sunglasses off, Odor. They're fucking up your hitting.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

MLB history being made today with Isiah Kiner-Falefa playing 3B for the Rangers going against Sean Reid-Foley pitching for the Blue Jays:

1. First game in MLB history with 2 players with hyphenated last names playing on opposing teams.

2. (likely) First game in MLB history with a batter going against a pitcher both with hyphenated last names.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

11:30 game time. Damn. I think the league has figured out our new rookie sensations. They know how to pitch Santana and Willie. And probably Mazara. They did the same thing to Odor last year. He never recovered.

Wonder how much time Odor spends at home looking in the mirror wearing his sunglasses, batting helmet and glare thingies. He's too cool for his own good. Take your fucking sunglasses off, Odor. They're fucking up your hitting.

Maybe he has blue eyes, you ever think of that??? Speaking of, Hamilton is going into the Rangers HoF.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, Dr Fear said:

MLB history being made today with Isiah Kiner-Falefa playing 3B for the Rangers going against Sean Reid-Foley pitching for the Blue Jays:

1. First game in MLB history with 2 players with hyphenated last names playing on opposing teams.

2. (likely) First game in MLB history with a batter going against a pitcher both with hyphenated last names.

Finally, the Rangers have a basis for their 2019 highlight video.

Odor twice in a row took the first pitch high in the strike zone exactly where he likes to swing. Then swings at pitches nowhere near the strike zone. The previous time he swung at ball 4 ad ball 5 after he worked it to a full count. He just seems hopeless.

5 minutes ago, DougO said:

Odor twice in a row took the first pitch high in the strike zone exactly where he likes to swing. Then swings at pitches nowhere near the strike zone. The previous time he swung at ball 4 ad ball 5 after he worked it to a full count. He just seems hopeless.

Dropped an easy pop up that cost us a run. Lot of errors lately.

spacer.png