2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

kids went early to get choo autographs the other night.  they have spend the last near decade not watching games only to have choo come up and have them run out on the balcony yelling:  "choooooooooooo".  pretty cool.  only one autograph per person, unless you are a near 20 something hottie korean chica who made him smile real big.  didn't get any pics.

• Fuck You 1

Mr. Cool,  Rougie Ofor, tries to one-hand a fairly hard roller on a slow runner. He didn't need to, but his boot of the ball loaded the bases instead of ending the inning. Nice fucking move. Cost us a run, pitcher taken out one batter later. This sob makes way too many errors to justify keeping him around. Texas is fifth from the bottom in 2B fielding percentage.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm pretty sure I saw yesterday that Rougie is leading us in RBIs while batting below .200, which has never been done before. 

Like, in league history. 

What does that say about our number four and five hitters for most of the year. Say Gallo, for way too long? Either they've really sucked, or our one-two-three hitters have been unable to get on base. That seems less likely, since it usually included Elvis and Choo.

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

What does that say about our number four and five hitters for most of the year. Say Gallo, for way too long? Either they've really sucked, or our one-two-three hitters have been unable to get on base. That seems less likely, since it usually included Elvis and Choo.

Considering Gallo has missed almost 3 months, it doesn’t say much bad about him 

Edited by Trey3216

Odor 123 games, 70 rbi

Pence 83 games, 60 rbi

Gallo 70 games, 49 rbi

I guess it's more about playing time, and Ofor has had more than his fair share. Suppose they're giving him every opportunity to turn it around this season, because he's not going to get a chance past the first thirty games or so next season.

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Going out to the ballpark for the final time tonight. Taking my youngest who's really excited to go. She's been talking about it all week. Probably just sit for a bit and soak the place in one last time. 

Me and my girlfriend are going for the final series against NYY. It is the only chance we have to make it before the season ends. No chance for us to make it during the week. She has never been to this ballpark and I have not made it out there this year. Should be a good time to go one last time before they go to the new one.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Me and my girlfriend are going for the final series against NYY. It is the only chance we have to make it before the season ends. No chance for us to make it during the week. She has never been to this ballpark and I have not made it out there this year. Should be a good time to go one last time before they go to the new one.

There is a churro joke here, but I am just not going to go there.

56 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wanted to try to make that last week and take both of my kids separately for Dad/Daughter outings but it was way too expensive that last week. I got 1st base side for $36 each tonight. The same tickets are in the hundreds that final week. But I get it. The Rays game on Wednesday had home plate tickets for $20 but I couldn't make it out. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I wanted to try to make that last week and take both of my kids separately for Dad/Daughter outings but it was way too expensive that last week. I got 1st base side for $36 each tonight. The same tickets are in the hundreds that final week. But I get it. The Rays game on Wednesday had home plate tickets for $20 but I couldn't make it out. 

Yeah the tickets for a regular season game for the Rangers (especially with their record) are way overpriced for that Yankees series but I get it. Final series ever here and it is NYY. At least they are closing out the ballpark against someone like that instead of some fucktard team like Seattle. Just wish we could have had a playoff game this season but oh well.

The tickets for that get away game Thursday afternoon against Boston are very cheap but we can't make it to that one. 

20 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

As good a hitter as Willie is, I think Solak is more exciting. Almost homered his first at bat tonight, got one in the fourth. We may have picked up a real gem in that trade. Be nice to see him develop into a Mike Trout type.

I mean, I’d love to get the second coming of Mickey Mantle for a reliever every time.   We should do it more often