2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

23 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Back to the Rangers after watching Stars OT win to find out that the A’s are still our fucking kryptonite

yep. its ridiculous.  Lynn now throwing batting practice.  stupid to leave him out there after the 5th run came home.  

13 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

Shitty ass situational hitting. Bases loaded no outs... zero runs..

How many fucking times has this happened so far this season? Fucking ridiculous.

And never fails that Oakland looks like a perennial power when we go on the road to play them.

5 hours ago, DougO said:

I just flipped over to the late game, which I had forgotten all about because of the draft. Holy fudge, the Rangers seem like they are now officially what we thought they were.

I think we all knew it was just a matter of time. There's a couple of decent players but a lot of JAGs.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
This pitching staff may be worse than anything we saw in the 2000's.

Don't worry, JD has our farm system stocked with quality arms...

More like bringing in washed up has-been scrubs like Brandon Webb, Sydney Ponson, Scott Erickson, Mark Clark, Dave Burba, Jason Jennings, and the list goes on and on.

Sooo... Choo may, in fact, be tradable this year (if he keeps this up which is a fucking long shot)?

The best reason to not be late for Rangers games: catching Shin-Soo Choo's first at-bat.

As the leadoff hitter, he's on a remarkable tear. After getting an infield hit in Thursday's series opener at Seattle, he has reached base as the leadoff hitter 14 times in 19 starts this year for a .737 situational on-base percentage.

He had one streak of 10 consecutive games snapped Tuesday, then led off Wednesday's game at Oakland with a hit. Despite the fact that Delino DeShields, who has led off the five games that Choo hasn't, has not reached in any of those games, the Rangers lead the majors in game-starting OBP at .583.

Anybody want two free tix to the Rangers-Pirates game at 1 PM on Wednesday? I bought them earlier this year during the Opening Day + 1 sale, but we ended up planning a trip to Phoenix to see the grandparents. Tix are upper deck but relatively near home plate. I can transfer via the Rangers as long as you have a ticket account. If anyone is interested, just let me know...

By the way, I will be at a game that day-- Yankees-Dbacks are playing at noon. Haven't been in that stadium since 1998.