2019 St Louis Cardinals

pops

Just now, Capn81 said:

I have a feeling we need Milwaukee to lose twice in Colorado. I was hoping that the Reds would do something today, but of course, they fucking suck.

Yeah this is feeling very dicey, especially how the pitching is lining up.

• Hudson vs. TBD tomorrow (feel OK about this)
  • Mikolis vs. Darvish on Saturday (hmmm)
  • Waino vs. Hendricks on Sunday (in Waino we trust?)

The good news is that Busch will be full and rocking.  The Friday game feels like a MUST WIN with Darvish and Hendricks coming on Saturday and Sunday.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah this is feeling very dicey, especially how the pitching is lining up.

• Hudson vs. TBD tomorrow (feel OK about this)
  • Mikolis vs. Darvish on Saturday (hmmm)
  • Waino vs. Hendricks on Sunday (in Waino we trust?)

The good news is that Busch will be full and rocking.  The Friday game feels like a MUST WIN with Darvish and Hendricks coming on Saturday and Sunday.

Negative. 

Already eliminated from the postseason this week, Cubs manager Joe Maddon was asked if he'll play his regular lineup against the Cards.

"We're going to put a good team out there, but of course they're going to bitch," Maddon said with a laugh. "Of course they are. I get it. But quite frankly, there are certain things I don't give a s--- about. And that would be one of them."

Cubs pitchers Kyle Hendricks and Yu Darvish have been shut down, and stars Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo and Javier Baez are all nursing injuries. Righty Alec Mills will start Friday's series opener against Dakota Hudson, and Cole Hamels is slated to pitch a few innings Saturday against Cards starter Miles Mikolas. Hamels has been out with a sore shoulder and is only pitching to prove he's healthy entering free agency.

"This is the first time I'm going into free agency and I don't want that in the back of team's heads," Hamels said.

The Cubs haven't announced a starter for Sunday and could just go with a "bullpen game." Maddon says his team will still compete; it just won't be with many of the regulars.

"I will put out the guys that I think are the appropriate guys to play based on what's good for our people, not for their people," he said. "But we're going to put a good team out there, regardless."

Feels good.

The proper order has been restored.

I don't get the Cubs firing Maddon.  Two years removed from a WS title and this is the first year they haven't made the playoffs under him; also, their run differential suggests that they should have... basically they had terrible luck this year.

Those dumb fucks are going to regret booting him.

Would be kind of hilarious if the Pirates hired him, but then I don't want him in the NLC. 

• Like 1

Get Jack for 2 in the braves series. Hopefully they can give him some run support. Haven't hardly paid attention to the braves since the divisions split but seems like their season was even more improbable than the cards. Need to get hot.

Any word on Wong?

On 10/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, You don't know me said:

Did anyone else listen to the Cardinal radio broadcast yesterday?  On Ocuna's double in the 9th Mike Shannon just deadpans "well that's another homerun".  Nope, just a double.  I swear, he has a way of making me want to do very bad things.

To be fair, Shannon was likely hammered at that point. :)

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lulz at the double triple off the wall.

Followed by a double off the wall.

I'm staying off the main thread, nobody needs to rub it in, and it looks dead.  I will say this -- the Cards needed a game like this big time.  They will be sky high going into the next roun, assuming no crazy letdowns.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pops said:

Pretty sure that will be the end of his career with the Cardinals.

fify.

Yeah, that is completely out of bounds to film something like that and post it.  "Doesn't leave the locker room" is kind of rule number 1.  I will guarantee you that Goldschmidt wants to beat his ass, even though he's pretty much a pacifist.  

• Like 1