Some garbage about ketch or something

NorLa Horns

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You got that shit right. The overmoderation is still infuriating these years later. I never got banned, unlike apparently half of Surly, but I stopped going there after some random 24 hour suspension from that Campus Loopy dipshit because he disagreed with a football take of mine and said I was mean in the conversation. He literally told me "you can leave any time you want" when I challenged the suspension. So I did, and never went back. The moderators there, a few excluded, truly believed that the site revolved around their whim. Frankly, they ultimately got what they wanted - a site that served their whim and no other purpose, so it circled the drain into the toilet accordingly.

I think Campus Loopy did that to everyone, because I got the same thing from him.  Also, Huckleberry suspended me once.  

I remember following recruiting back when Max Emfinger was the go to radio guest recruiting personality in Austin. The Statesman Fab 55 was required reading and watching all the Texas blue chips go to Notre Dame and Michigan was depressing.  I made it through to the Vince Young days without giving Ketch one nickel.  I now get my fix here for free.  I saved a shitload of money.  

• Like 1

I think Campus Loopy did that to everyone, because I got the same thing from him.  Also, Huckleberry suspended me once.  

I don’t think huckleberry suspended me, but he did give me a stern talking to. Similar to his regular posts now. To be fair on the over moderation on horn fans, there was a time when people were posting anything and everything along the lines of the end of shaggy. However, then it just got crazy restrictive.

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Yep. I was permabanned for saying Bob Stoops should sit in his garage with his car running in the aftermath of them being selected to play in the 2008 national championship. Katy said she'd let me back if I said I was sorry. I passed.

You lasted into 2008? I was a casualty of the 2001 Big 12 game. After a fifth of SOCO in my hotel room in Arlington I pretty much set out to end my career at HF in a mother fucking blaze of glory. I worked for an investment back in NY at the time and that weekend was my only weekend off of the entire year. It added to the sting of Simmpocolypse that I had to work for the next 12 months straight without a day off. 

Fuck that site and the people who moderated the content. 

10 hours ago, Newy25 said:

You lasted into 2008? I was a casualty of the 2001 Big 12 game. After a fifth of SOCO in my hotel room in Arlington I pretty much set out to end my career at HF in a mother fucking blaze of glory. I worked for an investment back in NY at the time and that weekend was my only weekend off of the entire year. It added to the sting of Simmpocolypse that I had to work for the next 12 months straight without a day off. 

Fuck that site and the people who moderated the content. 

Katy suspended me after the 1999 B12 championship game loss to Nebraska when I wrote “it’s Wednesday and the husker tight end is still running around wide open”. My less than civil response to the suspension led to a permaban.

Fuck Katy in her fat goat ass.

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can we get this thread back on track please. 

If you live in Cedar Park you are poor. That’s just a fact. 

I did a real estate search for Cedar Park, and sorted all entries high to low, and it topped out a ~$1.1 million for this schlub of a house:

2.jpg

Evidently, even if you're not technically "poor" in Cedar Park, you may as well be. Yuck.

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I did a real estate search for Cedar Park, and sorted all entries high to low, and it topped out a ~$1.1 million for this schlub of a house:

2.jpg

Evidently, even if you're not technically "poor" in Cedar Park, you may as well be. Yuck.

You should have photoshopped Ketch in there somewhere...good lighting for some effecting shade as well.

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

is Crystal Falls part of Cedar Park?

I played Crystal Falls once. One of my college roommates kicked off his bachelor party there. Nice course from what I remember. Mostly what I remember is getting shitfaced and then driving one of the carts down a hill directly at a gaggle of wild turkeys and then getting thrown out unceremoniously by the marshal sitting in his cart near the bottom of the hill. Then we ate somewhere and wound up at The Yellow Rose and beyond. Hell of a day, really. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I played Crystal Falls once. One of my college roommates kicked off his bachelor party there. Nice course from what I remember. Mostly what I remember is getting shitfaced and then driving one of the carts down a hill directly at a gaggle of wild turkeys and then getting thrown out unceremoniously by the marshal sitting in his cart near the bottom of the hill. Then we ate somewhere and wound up at The Yellow Rose and beyond. Hell of a day, really. 

I'm really only surprised this anecdote didn't end with the marshal kicked to death and buried in a sand trap

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'm really only surprised this anecdote didn't end with the marshal kicked to death and buried in a sand trap

I've been in 2 fist fights on golf courses and damn near got shot on one last year in front of my 8 year old son and FIL because the dude behind us thought I stole his ball. But I've never been a part of murder on a course anywhere. It's odd how many times I've had people get worked up over some perceived thing I did on a golf course, given how few times in my life I've played golf. There are some uptight fucking people on the courses, man. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I've been in 2 fist fights on golf courses and damn near got shot on one last year in front of my 8 year old son and FIL because the dude behind us thought I stole his ball. But I've never been a part of murder on a course anywhere. It's odd how many times I've had people get worked up over some perceived thing I did on a golf course, given how few times in my life I've played golf. There are some uptight fucking people on the courses, man. 

Something just happens with guys and clubs and holes in the area...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You talk college football recruiting on the golf course?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Rafter, or flock, is the correct nomenclature dude...

It is important to use correct group names in the recruiting thread. It helps to eliminate confusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I have the same kind of problem. I'm not gay, but when I go to bathhouses all these guys keep having sex with me. And it's not like I go to the bathhouse all that often, but when I do, lookout, there's about to be some gay sex happening. There are some strange people in bathhouses, man.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3