Some garbage about ketch or something

NorLa Horns

2 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I never said anything about their business model.  If he’s such a business wiz, why on earth would he live in cedar park?  From your line of logic he’s practically Scrooge McDuck.

We all get your CTJ’s subordinate but stay in your fucking lane dude.  

This is nonsensical. Your entire premise is he cant be rich because he lives in cedar park? Is this real? Warren Buffet drives an old pickup truck, he must be a fucking pauper. 

No clue what his numbers are now, but back in the day Orangebloods had 10k users. Thats 100k a month in revenue agaiant minimal expenses other than employees. Thats 1.2 million a year in revenue. And he crushed that shit for well over a decade and thats being extremely conservative with his subs. But he must not be poor because cedar park?

It’s way more likely hes a fat fuck who is rich but doesnt leave his house because walking sucks and chain restaurants suit him just fine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is nonsensical. Your entire premise is he cant be rich because he lives in cedar park? Is this real? Warren Buffet drives an old pickup truck, he must be a fucking pauper. 

No clue what his numbers are now, but back in the day Orangebloods had 10k users. Thats 100k a month in revenue agaiant minimal expenses other than employees. Thats 1.2 million a year in revenue. And he crushed that shit for well over a decade and thats being extremely conservative with his subs. But he must not be poor because cedar park?

It’s way more likely hes a fat fuck who is rich but doesnt leave his house because walking sucks and chain restaurants suit him just fine. 

Riddle me this business wiz.  So you’re assuming he’s paying his employees nothing, has zero hosting fees, and isn’t paying his taxes?  

Having revenue doesn’t make you rich.  Stay in your fucking lane.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Riddle me this business wiz.  So you’re assuming he’s paying his employees nothing, has zero boasting fees, and isn’t paying his taxes?  

Having revenue doesn’t make you rich.  Stay in your fucking lane.

Youve yet to answer any of my queries, but once again ill address all of yours. 

1) at one point, yes, he defrauded a charity event to pay his back taxes. 

2) Revenue doesnt equal is profit or cash, but are so fucking naive or stupid that anyone is going through the effort of management and ownership to break even? If hes been clearing a really good amount for 15 years hes still probably well over a million. Conservatively.

3) what exactly is “my lane,” again?

4) lets not forget your whole premise is that he cant have money because you dont like his fucking neighbirhood. Lincoln Riley must be poor as fuck, he lives in Oklahoma. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I never said anything about their business model.  If he’s such a business wiz, why on earth would he live in cedar park?  From your line of logic he’s practically Scrooge McDuck.

We all get your CTJ’s subordinate but stay in your fucking lane dude.  

I know more than a fee we rich people who live in average places.  

Ketchum makes good money.  So does Liucci.   They got in the business at the right time.  And have big subscriber bases that autopay their subscription.  

I was at my kid’s little league game a few weeks ago.  Game was same time we were playing LSU game three in baseball.  Three of the dads there were following Dustin’s thread on Orangebloods to keep up with score.  It wouldn’t shock me if Ketchum had 20,000 subscribers giving him $10 a month.  He has to give a little to Rivals and pay his three employees.  But other than that it’s a cash cow. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Youve yet to answer any of my queries, but once again ill address all of yours. 

1) at one point, yes, he defrauded a charity event to pay his back taxes. 

2) Revenue doesnt equal is profit or cash, but are so fucking naive or stupid that anyone is going through the effort of management and ownership to break even? If hes been clearing a really good amount for 15 years hes still probably well over a million. Conservatively.

3) what exactly is “my lane,” again?

4) lets not forget your whole premise is that he cant have money because you dont like his fucking neighbirhood. Lincoln Riley must be poor as fuck, he lives in Oklahoma. 

How is nonsensical? You grossly overstated your understanding of finance and I called your bullshit.  You’re even backing it up with your limp-wristed understanding of business math. 

Your comment was he was a “multi-millionaire” because you forgot to sanity check your simplistic approach to Ketch’s, of all fucking people, finances.  It was your equation calling him rich because of a recurring revenue base without doing the simple ebitda calculation.

Nobody in their right mind that has “millions” lives in Cedar Park.  You’re high out of your mind if you believe that.

Your lane is CTJ’s less informed coworker.  Stay there.  While you’re at it, get your shinebox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

How is nonsensical? You grossly overstated your understanding of finance and I called your bullshit.  You’re even backing it up with your limp-wristed understanding of business math. 

Your comment was he was a “multi-millionaire” because you forgot to sanity check your simplistic approach to Ketch’s, of all fucking people, finances.  It was your equation calling him rich because of a recurring revenue base without doing the simple ebitda calculation.

Nobody in their right mind that has “millions” lives in Cedar Park.  You’re high out of your mind if you believe that.

Your lane is CTJ’s less informed coworker.  Stay there.  While you’re at it, get your shinebox.

I know a billionaire who lives in Albany, Texas.  And another who spends most of his time in Sealy.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Nvm. Recruiting.

2 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Holy fuck. Jesus I had never really noticed before when most respectable contributors and futureman shat all over you as a poster but I guess now I get it. 

Youve called bo ones bullshit on anything. Your whole message is folks with money dont live frugal. JFC. 

EVERYONE IM SORRY FOR THIS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy fuck. Jesus I had never really noticed before when most respectable contributors and futureman shat all over you as a poster but I guess now I get it. 

Youve called bo ones bullshit on anything. Your whole message is folks with money dont live frugal. JFC. 

EVERYONE IM SORRY FOR THIS.

Dude.  Take a fucking business class for Christ’s sake.  For humanity’s sake.

And for fuck sake have CTJ read what you post before you do it.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Dude.  Take a fucking business class for Christ’s sake.  For humanity’s sake.

And for fuck sake have CTJ read what you post before you do it.

What business class do I need to take to learn that: I Know Ketchum Is A Millionaire? Is that year 2 or 3 fuckface? 

ALLEGEDLY

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

And you don't think Ketch could be an outlier who loves Cedar Park? That would be among the less weird things about him.

By Sydney’s fucked up math and assumptions, no.  He conviently forgot expenses in his assumptions.  

ask blacklab of all people.  hosting shit is expensive. plus taxes and paying people.  revenue is great but it doesn’t make you rich.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What business class do I need to take to learn that: I Know Ketchum Is A Millionaire? Is that year 2 or 3 fuckface? 

ALLEGEDLY

4 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

By Sydney’s fucked up math and assumptions, no.  He conviently forgot expenses in his assumptions.  

ask blacklab of all people.  hosting shit is expensive. plus taxes and paying people.  revenue is great but it doesn’t make you rich.

This is exactly why I know you have no fucking idea what you’re taking about.

You are the literal definition of ignorant on the subject.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Dude, i made allowances and references for employee expenses early in my posts on this topic, in this thread. Servers are cheap as fuck, i pay for them regularly. Try again. I know what Im talking about, intimately. But Im past the point of caring whether it makes sense to you or anyone else. You win, Glenn2YBanana. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, i made allowances and references for employee expenses early in my posts on this topic, in this thread. Servers are cheap as fuck, i pay for them regularly. Try again. I know what Im talking about, intimately. But Im past the point of caring whether it makes sense to you or anyone else. You win, Glenn2YBanana. 

You keep on trying to die on whatever hill it is you decided post up man.  At least you’re resilient.

for the record, I fucking hate @futureman but I can respect the game.  Still, fuck You.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Him living in the suburbs makes him more likely to be worth more  

We're talking "multi millions" here right? As in, at least two million in net worth? That's not exactly rare, even in the Austin suburbs  

• Like 1

Why not both? Making a lot of money doesn’t mean you have a lot of money.

I’d guess he makes a solid low to mid six figure income but hasn’t accumulated any real wealth cause he blows his money on stupid shit...like a lot of other folks. Or not. Maybe he’s a cheap fat fuck who’s lives his best life in a sea of strip malls and all you can eat buffets and has saved 50% of his post tax earnings for the past 15 years. 

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I have no idea what’s going on in this thread and have never subscribed to any paysites.  Having said that, the calculation  of Ketch’s net worth does bring to mind one question:

Have pay recruiting sites been charging the same $9.95 rate for almost 20 years now?  How has there not been inflation?  

Pretty much yeah. They have left money on the table. 

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I have no idea what’s going on in this thread and have never subscribed to any paysites.  Having said that, the calculation  of Ketch’s net worth does bring to mind one question:

Have pay recruiting sites been charging the same $9.95 rate for almost 20 years now?  How has there not been inflation?  

A small hamburger has been a dollar a Mack Donald's for about 20 years.

I don't know about Cedar Park as  whole but the average home price in Twin Creeks  and surrounding neighborhoods is about $500K and the same is true for homes at 620 and Anderson Mill (although I'm not sure if that is Cedar Park or Austin). There are over a million dollar homes on Abbotsbury in Twin Creeks. Let's put it another way. If your office is in Cedar Park or North Austin and you want decent schools, your choices are River Place, Balcones Area, 2222 area, and Twin Creeks area.

Edited by Bevo

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't know about Cedar Park as  whole but the average home price in Twin Creeks  and surrounding neighborhoods is about $500K and the same is true for homes at 620 and Anderson Mill (although I'm not sure if that is Cedar Park or Austin). There are over a million dollar homes on Abbotsbury in Twin Creeks. Let's put it another way. If your office is in Cedar Park or North Austin and you want decent schools, your choices are River Place, Balcones Area, 2222 area, and Twin Creeks area.

I call BS. If that were the case, Ketch would've just bought all million of them and eaten them.

• Like 1

You need to lay off the haterade if you think Fat Ketch isn’t set financially. There’s plenty of people out there who you wouldn’t be able to stand if you knew them, that are loaded. Best just to worry about yourself.  

His website still sucks though. 

Since my handle was invoked repeatedly on this bizarre thread, a few things:

1) Sydney and I are not coworkers. While I agree that he should probably let someone review any of his posts before making them, that kind of oversight for me ended in roughly 2005. What he should really consider is not posting after 2 bourbons on the rocks or 9pm, whichever comes first.

2) When I first met Sydney, he was a full blown acolyte of a one Geoff Ketchum. Avid subscriber to Obloods and a regular attendee of his events. Dude viewed Hornfans with disdain. Yeah yeah yeah on Hornfans now, but in 2002, you pretty much had two decent choices, and Hornfans was easily a better poster base, and free. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Since my handle was invoked repeatedly on this bizarre thread, a few things:

1) Sydney and I are not coworkers. While I agree that he should probably let someone review any of his posts before making them, that kind of oversight for me ended in roughly 2005. What he should really consider is not posting after 2 bourbons on the rocks or 9pm, whichever comes first.

2) When I first met Sydney, he was a full blown acolyte of a one Geoff Ketchum. Avid subscriber to Obloods and a regular attendee of his events. Dude viewed Hornfans with disdain. Yeah yeah yeah on Hornfans now, but in 2002, you pretty much had two decent choices, and Hornfans was easily a better poster base, and free. 

HornFans was solid. I’ve seen TPE around here, or somebody with that handle. Also Macanudo.  Have not seen GardereOwnsOU in a long time though.