Some garbage about ketch or something

NorLa Horns

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) When I first met Sydney, he was a full blown acolyte of a one Geoff Ketchum. Avid subscriber to Obloods and a regular attendee of his events. Dude viewed Hornfans with disdain. Yeah yeah yeah on Hornfans now, but in 2002, you pretty much had two decent choices, and Hornfans was easily a better poster base, and free. 

You lying, snickering motherfucker. 

Simms vs Applewhite was invoked in my interview, however. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Since my handle was invoked repeatedly on this bizarre thread, a few things:

1) Sydney and I are not coworkers. While I agree that he should probably let someone review any of his posts before making them, that kind of oversight for me ended in roughly 2005. What he should really consider is not posting after 2 bourbons on the rocks or 9pm, whichever comes first.

2) When I first met Sydney, he was a full blown acolyte of a one Geoff Ketchum. Avid subscriber to Obloods and a regular attendee of his events. Dude viewed Hornfans with disdain. Yeah yeah yeah on Hornfans now, but in 2002, you pretty much had two decent choices, and Hornfans was easily a better poster base, and free. 

Hornfans was the best pre Simms meltdown in Dallas against Colorado and pretty damn good for another 5 or so years after that.

Robert and Katy could have monetized Hornfans similar to what Brandon at Texags did had they brought in someone decent to do premium content.  And neither would have to work now.  Moderation killed that board.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You lying, snickering motherfucker. 

Simms vs Applewhite was invoked in my interview, however. 

Oh come on. You loved ol'Ketchum before seeing the light. 

As to what happened in your interview, how the fuck would I know? They literally walked up one day and said "hey, we've hired a new guy, he's going to sit with you guys" and then you reported to the aggie woman who made you her slave for 6 months before she left in hysterics. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Hornfans was the best pre Simms meltdown in Dallas against Colorado and pretty damn good for another 5 or so years after that.

Robert and Katy could have monetized Hornfans similar to what Brandon at Texags did had they brought in someone decent to do premium content.  And neither would have to work now.  Moderation killed that board.

You got that shit right. The overmoderation is still infuriating these years later. I never got banned, unlike apparently half of Surly, but I stopped going there after some random 24 hour suspension from that Campus Loopy dipshit because he disagreed with a football take of mine and said I was mean in the conversation. He literally told me "you can leave any time you want" when I challenged the suspension. So I did, and never went back. The moderators there, a few excluded, truly believed that the site revolved around their whim. Frankly, they ultimately got what they wanted - a site that served their whim and no other purpose, so it circled the drain into the toilet accordingly.

The Agnors viewed being friends with Mack and Sally Brown as more important to their life than running Hornfans profitably. I mean, for those of us who knew them then, that was known. Once they were convinced by the Belmont folks that their site had a greater good to serve, the site was fucked forever from there. The reality is, they didn't want to make money on it, as it served other means. 

22 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep. I was permabanned for saying Bob Stoops should sit in his garage with his car running in the aftermath of them being selected to play in the 2008 national championship. Katy said she'd let me back if I said I was sorry. I passed.

• Like 1

Since my handle was invoked repeatedly on this bizarre thread, a few things:

1) Sydney and I are not coworkers. While I agree that he should probably let someone review any of his posts before making them, that kind of oversight for me ended in roughly 2005. What he should really consider is not posting after 2 bourbons on the rocks or 9pm, whichever comes first.

@SydneyCarton works in HR for a Russian troll farm, and @closetojumping is a motivational speaker for millennials.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

And yet he constantly opines that others can't have an opinion on coaching changes unless they are rich enough to pay for it.

No, I opine that posters that believe CDC sucks as an AD if he elects not to pay millions in buyouts are idiots unless they are offering to kick significant $$ in and solve the problem.  But I don't expect you can grasp that nuance.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

No, I opine that posters that believe CDC sucks as an AD if he elects not to pay millions in buyouts are idiots unless they are offering to kick significant $$ in and solve the problem.  But I don't expect you can grasp that nuance.

I guess you can't grasp the nuance that we have no idea what is going on in the background or that people are allowed to have opinions regardless of their pocketbooks. You can assume that CDC will always make the best decision and someone else can worry that he is going to let our chance at Chris Beard pass over the buyout or that he knows he has a lame duck coach but won't fire him because he didn't find him a soft landing spot. They are all just opinions and we are all free to express them and argue for or against them, but your insistence on trying to shut someone else's opinion down because they are or aren't a big money boosters is pathetic and just shows your inability to engage in a debate. You obviously aren't forking over the money either, so you have no idea if the financial wherewithal is in place or not.

Holy shit, @closetojumping, @SydneyCarton, and @HenryJames talking about Ketchum and HornFans.

It's like the good threads back on HornFans, except also with HenryJames. I much preferred HenryJames8-5 and HenryJames@Work as posters. Motherfucker couldn't even remember his password.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

This thread has 1,000 pages written all over it.

This appears to be where all of the drippings, trimmings, and scraps regarding the recruiting world are supposed to be thrown, so if people adhere to that principle, we could be there by April. Not sure what happens to the other threads though. Mostly be just Fud, Elmer_Fudd, and Machinator talking very colorlessly among themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

HornFans was solid. I’ve seen TPE around here, or somebody with that handle. Also Macanudo.  Have not seen GardereOwnsOU in a long time though. 

I think TPE posts at OB as Her  costar, I asked but he said it wasn't him.  But it's a 6'5" doctor that's like 40 years old.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This appears to be where all of the drippings, trimmings, and scraps regarding the recruiting world are supposed to be thrown, so if people adhere to that principle, we could be there by April. Not sure what happens to the other threads though. Mostly be just Fud, Elmer_Fudd, and Machinator talking very colorlessly among themselves.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Very, very racist.

Just throw in a few satya posts and problem solved.

It's like the chopped beef sandwich of threads. Throw everything that even resembles the subject in there and pour on a bunch of gifs as the sauce. 

mgc.gif

Edited by Vertigo