Archer: Season 10

NWBuck

i fucking love most of the first 4 seasons and season 6.  i liked season 5 (the coke selling stuff) ok.

season 7 had some moments, but really felt like a lost opportunity in la.

season 8/9 i started but couldn't get through more than an episode or two.  it's like they just can't operate out of their comfort zone.

i fucking love most of the first 4 seasons and season 6.  i liked season 5 (the coke selling stuff) ok.
season 8/9 i started but couldn't get through more than an episode or two.  it's like they just can't operate out of their comfort zone.

I’ve been re-watching Season 9/Danger Island this week and I like it better than I did on first viewing. Figgis as a Nazi is pretty awesome.

Would you say this "zone" is "dangerous?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

I’ve been re-watching Season 9/Danger Island this week and I like it better than I did on first viewing. Figgis as a Nazi is pretty awesome.

I also think Danger Island is funnier upon rewatch.  Don't get you on Cyril though,  I don't know why Adam Reed thinks German accents are funny in large doses.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:59 AM, Drew said:

Love it.  They're just throwing shit at the wall now and placing them wherever and the fuck in time they want.

Love the "futuristic" 1999 logo, lulz.

For those that don't get it, it's a nod to

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think they did an earlier teaser at the end of season 9 that was the first minute of Alien, so this might be a generic sci fi season. 

This is exactly what they did. And Mallory's voice was "Mother" on the spaceship.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think they did an earlier teaser at the end of season 9 that was the first minute of Alien, so this might be a generic sci fi season. 

My thoughts exactly. They are going to be grabbing from a lot of different sci-fi sources.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bamachine said:

Pam is not the only one made into non-human, she is just the most drastic one. Krieger is an android and Malory seems to have transcended the corporeal form in some way.

Krieger is bishop from aliens so that makes sense. Then they gimmicked mother into being humanistic. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Krieger is bishop from aliens so that makes sense. Then they gimmicked mother into being humanistic. 

1 hour ago, Upgrayedd said:

Firefly mixed in there too

Lots of Easter eggs in here. Pam is Ben Grimm, Krieger is Bishop with a dash of Inara, the shuttle was Serenity, enemy fighters were original Cylon inspired, the knockoff Quisp cereal and I'm sure dozens of others I missed. Didn't research the text from the opening, I'm sure that's from something.

43 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

It's like the show is focusing more on the plot than the jokes. As though we're really concerned major characters would die in the Arena 1 ep into the season.

South Park tried serialization for one season. It sucked, they hated it, and they immediately bailed. These fuckers keep trying to force their square peg in a round hole since Season 7. Shit doesn't work for cartoons, advancing some ridiculous story 20 minutes at a time. 

I'm guessing it's just easier to think up one big story instead of a dozen small, funny ones. So they took the path of least resistance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

South Park tried serialization for one season. It sucked, they hated it, and they immediately bailed. These fuckers keep trying to force their square peg in a round hole since Season 7. Shit doesn't work for cartoons, advancing some ridiculous story 20 minutes at a time. 

I'm guessing it's just easier to think up one big story instead of a dozen small, funny ones. So they took the path of least resistance.

Last season was much more enjoyable on a second viewing for me in the lead-up to this. I don't know why that is necessarily.

Serialization is the only way the premise works, though, if Archer is still in a coma and just dreaming his way through alternative timelines with the same cast/personality of characters.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, C-Man said:

Last season was much more enjoyable on a second viewing for me in the lead-up to this. I don't know why that is necessarily.

Serialization is the only way the premise works, though, if Archer is still in a coma and just dreaming his way through alternative timelines with the same cast/personality of characters.

Meh. I take it for what it has become. The same troupe doing similar/different characters in a different story loaded with Easter eggs. This is not a new concept. Jack Benny made a career of it on radio.