There's just no stopping in the white zone...

pokeNbeans

I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defence. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

The hell I don't!! LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Never read all these jive quotes before, but it's pretty entertaining. Can't imagine what the public backlash would be for a movie that wrote something like this today. Still brilliant comedy 38 years later.

First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

[subtitle: GOLLY, THAT WHITE FELLOW SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE OR I WILL PUNCH HIM]

Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!

[subtitle: YES, HE IS WRONG FOR DOING THAT]

First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...

Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.

First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'!

[subtitle: I KNEW A MAN IN A SIMILAR PREDICAMENT, AND HE ENDED UP BEING SORRY]

Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!

[subtitle: DON'T BE NAIVE ARTHUR. EACH OF US FACES A CLEAR MORAL CHOICE]

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

[subtitle: EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE, MAKES A MAN HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE]

First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know?

[subtitle: HOW TRUE!]

First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit.

[subtitle: GOLLY]

• Like 1

My favorite parody or "movie movie" since 2000 is Not Nother Teen Movie, but I saw it in the theater when I was 16. Hit all the right notes for a teenager, plus my older brother took me to see it, and was my "guardian" to get me in. Watched it again last year and lots of jokes still made me laugh out loud. Not anywhere near as good as Airplane, but it may be the best the 2000s have to offer.

I also really liked the first Scary Movie, but I think that's about it for the modern era.